Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NeXt - Event Series - US Pace Fox (***Spoilers***)

• 20-07-2019 2:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 60,268 ✭✭✭✭

From Manny Coto..
    Silicon Valley pioneer Paul LeBlanc discovers that one of his own creations -- a powerful A.I. called neXt -- might spell doom for humankind, so he tries to shutter the project, only to be kicked out of the company by his own brother, leaving him with nothing but mounting dread about the fate of the world. When a series of unsettling tech mishaps points to a potential worldwide crisis, LeBlanc joins forces with Special Agent Shea Salazar, whose strict moral code and sense of duty have earned her the respect of her team. Now, LeBlanc and Salazar are the only ones standing in the way of a potential global catastrophe, fighting an emergent superintelligence that, instead of launching missiles, will deploy the immense knowledge it has gleaned from the data to recruit allies, turn people against each other and eliminate obstacles to its own survival and growth.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60,268 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

A year after it was due to start Fox announce it will now arrive October 6th.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

God, I despise the term "event series"..

Started last night, I enjoyed the pilot and the set up for the rest of the series it's nothing ground breaking however it's fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,443 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Yeah I enjoyed it quite a bit.
    I think it's in the realms of believable too (scarily enough).

• Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

Mr E wrote: »
    Yeah I enjoyed it quite a bit.
    I think it's in the realms of believable too (scarily enough).

I can see a few Alexia/Google home etc getting unplugged after watching it :)

• Advertisement

Two new episodes out. Still has good momentum!

• Registered Users Posts: 84,751 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I thought this John Slattery show was a limited series anyways but cancelled

https://twitter.com/TVLine/status/1322342237355667456

Finished last night.

For a series that started well, it really fizzled out at the end with the most clichéd climax and the most clichéd 'cliffhanger' (which could have been predicted by a 5 year old).

Disappointing.

Agreed a very good start to a very weak finish.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Wow... good luck trying to find a tv show thead when the name is "Next" 😁

Have watched Files 1-5. So far I've gotten by from trying to ignore when "hacking" "coding" or "teching" 😁is being done 😁. The big AI idea it reminds me closest of is the Transcendence movie so I'm wanting to see what ideas the writers come up with here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

and.. finished. Overall: kinda leave the techy brain at the door show 🙂 but it had some moments

Anytime it delved too much into it's own little world of tech .. it just didn't feel right.

Apart from that, I liked some twists. I really liked:

the idea of the neXt using the Chinese to get to the NSA

For the characters, I thought Michael Mosley as CM and Eve Harlow as Gina really stood out to me. Just felt like they had more of an air of charisma for their characters.

Advertisement