Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

New Ladies Irish 800m record!!!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users, Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,283 Mod ✭✭✭✭yerwanthere123

Amazing, well done to her!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,694 ✭✭✭Chivito550

Shoes playing a big part but still great going, particularly this year of all years.

She'll take Sonia's 1500m record.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,394 ✭✭✭Trampas

Super run.

I guess until she can upload it to Garmin it won’t count

• Registered Users Posts: 16,109 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

Ladies?

Ladies don't run! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,495 ✭✭✭Laineyfrecks

Pherekydes wrote: »
    Ladies?

:eek:

Super running, absolutely amazing time! Well done to her!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,834 ✭✭✭OOnegative

Pherekydes wrote: »
    Ladies?

Sorry, New Irish Burds 800m record!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭hurdles1

At long last an Irish women has broken 2min.
    Well done Ciara Mageean some performance especially in these mad times and first outdoor race of the season. Ciaras time would have ranked her 14th in Europe last season for the distance. With 6 British ahead of her in the rankings. Hopefully this performance will inspire the likes of Nadia power and co. To push on and also run sub 2.
    Looking forward now to see how much timeshe can improve of her favourite event 1500m
    Surely sub 4 and starting making in roads to laura muirs 3.55 . Hassan looks to be out on her own running 3.51 and klosterhalpen and Jemma Reckie will be big challengers in the coming years. Well done Ciara hopefully more to come .

• Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

Chivito550 wrote: »
    Shoes playing a big part but still great going, particularly this year of all years.

She'll take Sonia's 1500m record.

what shoes?

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭chasingpaper

IvoryTower wrote: »
    what shoes?

She is holding new balance spikes in the picture I saw. I thought nike were the only ones with track/spike version of the "magic" shoes.

Link to video.
    https://twitter.com/Cathal_Dennehy/status/1286758274889650178?s=19

Yep I wear nb spike's myself and they are awesome but was just wondering was there a jump in tech the last rew months I missed!

I assume he just means the improvement over the years with carbon etc

Some run, she'll be right in the mix this year!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,370 ✭✭✭pconn062

IvoryTower wrote: »
    Yep I wear nb spike's myself and they are awesome but was just wondering was there a jump in tech the last rew months I missed!

I assume he just means the improvement over the years with carbon etc

Some run, she'll be right in the mix this year!

I assume he's referring to the new New Balance carbon played spike. Think they are called the NB800 but there could be a new model that's not on general sale yet.

MD800 , I have them. But spikes have had carbon plates for years i thought?

Advertisement