Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guy Ritchie gets 6 month driving ban

Options
  • 23-07-2020 5:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,178 ✭✭✭✭

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8552401/amp/Guy-Ritchie-gets-six-month-driving-ban-cyclist-catches-texting-wheel.html

So a youtuber who likes to go around and record motor offenses recorded none other than Guy Ritchie using his mobile while driving. Said youtuber gives police the footage and Ritchie gets a 6 month driving ban.

Am I the only one who thinks both men are twats tho? :pac:
    Like Ritchie was using his mobile and got the ban. Fair enough. He shouldn't be doing that and had points for other offenses.
    But the other guy goes around looking for **** to record. Has he not got anything better to do? Like if he wants to catch motor offenses why didn't he become a police man? But that would be a hard job putting your life on the line. Can't have that.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭TuringBot47

So a youtuber who likes to go around and record motor offenses recorded none other than Guy Ritchie using his mobile while driving. Said youtuber gives police the footage and Ritchie gets a 6 month driving ban.

Sounds like the Youtuber is a d*ck who hasn't the balls to become a real traffic cop.
    <<mod snip>>

I'd imagine his identity has to be public knowledge as part of any court proceedings?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭ChelseaRentBoy

Well done that man.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,841 ✭✭✭enricoh

I do hope he comes across a van load of travellers some day n does his spiel- his points and fines total may taper off a bit !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭Gretas Gonna Get Ya!

Nanny-state UK...

Fair enough you need rules, otherwise you would have anarchy in society... but the brits take it to a whole different level. They're way too uptight.

We're too laid back... they're too uptight! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,915 ✭✭✭dogbert27

Shouldn't there be a law for cyclists using their phones?

Far more dangerous than a person stuck in traffic texting they'll probably be late to wherever they are going

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,797 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

I don't think he should be naming and shaming people, if he truly wants to be a simple activist then blur out faces/plates or it will lead to doxing etc. and communicate these things straight to police. He gets a kick, clearly, and revenue, from doing it this way though, so I have a low opinion of what he's doing. Even this recent video where he boasts in the thread title that you can read this woman's reasonably-private text conversation: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qCHKktml_XA (at the risk of giving this - person - more views).

All - people - like this, are going to do, is drive a change in the law, which should happen: texting while stationary shouldn't be considered a problem until its a problem. In motion, grand, make it an offense. If you're stationary and you're obstructing the flow of traffic, you didn't notice a light change, etc., grand, make it an offense. This guy is preying on traffic jams in a way that not even the police would be willing to do because the public backlash would be understandable and loud.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,625 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

Overheal wrote: »
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qCHKktml_XA (at the risk of giving this - person - more views).

Just looked at that video, Jesus Christ on a bike, who does he think he is. I'm all for promoting cycling and motoring safety but publishing people's face and their registrations is not cool. That's all his channel seems to be, a name and shame channel. He's a little uptight and needs to check himself.

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,025 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

what a sad existence Mikeys life is

• Registered Users Posts: 81,295 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

He's in a modern Range Rover with excellent Bluetooth to sync his phone and music from his phone yet the arsehole is using headphones, should have got a lifetime ban.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,263 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

He's in a modern Range Rover with excellent Bluetooth to sync his phone and music from his phone yet the arsehole is using headphones, should have got a lifetime ban.

CAREFUL now...
    you cant criticise people that drive motor vehicles..... :rolleyes:

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... "

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,016 ✭✭✭Ultrflat

That youtuber's gonna have a bad day.

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭BillyBiggs

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8552401/amp/Guy-Ritchie-gets-six-month-driving-ban-cyclist-catches-texting-wheel.html

Like Ritchie was using his mobile and got the ban. Fair enough. He shouldn't be doing that and had points for other offenses.
    But the other guy goes around looking for **** to record. Has he not got anything better to do? Like if he wants to catch motor offenses why didn't he become a police man? But that would be a hard job putting your life on the line. Can't have that.

Without a camera stuck to his head, Ritchie would tear him a new asshole. Guy has mastered several martial arts. This tool with his go pro is penalising road traffic offenders, as he himself blocks a public road, putting other road users and himself in danger. The video represents everything that’s wrong with the modern world. Go Pro Man is he himself only looking for fame and attention.

What a joke, he was stopped when texting shouldn't even be an offence.

That clown will meet the front grill of a car someday, hopefully something like a range rover and he will regret his pathetic antics.

And I'm sure he knows this but he may have reasons for using headphones also.

That clown will meet the front grill of a car someday, hopefully something like a range rover and he will regret his pathetic antics.

Why ?? whats your problem with him?
    Just sticking up for fellow motorists? Irrational hatred for people on bikes?

If one of your loved ones ended up on the front grill of a texting driver would you stick up for them too ??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭lisasimpson

astrofluff wrote: »
    Just looked at that video, Jesus Christ on a bike, who does he think he is. I'm all for promoting cycling and motoring safety but publishing people's face and their registrations is not cool. That's all his channel seems to be, a name and shame channel. He's a little uptight and needs to check himself.

Turns out the guy is question lost his father to a drunk driver so he has his reasons

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

And I'm sure he knows this but he may have reasons for using headphones also.

Mod

Can we cut out the petty vendetta style posts against cyclists.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭TomSweeney

He was stopped in traffic, what a little tosser - needs to get a life ...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

Whatever happened to that really angry cycling dude in Dublin who used to upload videos to YouTube? He had serious anger issues.

Turns out the guy is question lost his father to a drunk driver so he has his reasons
    TomSweeney wrote: »
    He was stopped in traffic, what a little tosser - needs to get a life ...

But hes not the one calling people names....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭Rodney Bathgate

Whatever happened to that really angry cycling dude in Dublin who used to upload videos to YouTube? He had serious anger issues.

Was wondering the same about that gobsh1te as I read the thread.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,249 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

When Dash cams and helmet cams started off they were a good thing.
    However, Especially with the UK videos people are desperate to get hits on YouTube and social media.
    The cam driver will be driving/cycling down the road and they’ll see somebody coming out of a side road, changing lanes and they’ll continue to drive at the same speed and take no real evasive action until the last minute. They’ll then yell a few swears and blow there horn.
    I can see it ending badly some day for them but they’ll be fine they’ve it on camera.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,178 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

When Dash cams and helmet cams started off they were a good thing.
    However, Especially with the UK videos people are desperate to get hits on YouTube and social media.
    The cam driver will be driving/cycling down the road and they’ll see somebody coming out of a side road, changing lanes and they’ll continue to drive at the same speed and take no real evasive action until the last minute. They’ll then yell a few swears and blow there horn.
    I can see it ending badly some day for them but they’ll be fine they’ve it on camera.

you shouldn't need to take evasive action when a car pulls out from a side road. the car pulling out should leave sufficient room for that not to be necessary.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,430 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

That dude on the bike weaving through traffic looked to have a hand held device, so is a effing danger to himself and others.
    As for texting in traffic, the same. When the traffic moves so do you WITHOUT looking in front of you.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,178 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

In the article it says the cyclist claims to have lost his father at the age of 19 in a motorist accident. Hence "why he records".

Honestly I don't believe that. It sounds like what an ars*hole says to excuse their behaviour. Am sure his father did die. Maybe even at 19. But a Car accident? Not buying it.

Sure didn't Batman's parents die when he was young too thus pushing him on the path to be the caped crusader :pac: what about Peter Parker and uncle Ben? Lol.

I think this guy might be a spacer.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,615 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

was literally wondering about that guy when reading this thread. He was unreal, he used to be having mexican standoffs with motorists and the like. Always thought he wasnt quite right in the head.

This english guy seems to be on a crusade to do the polices work for them. In one of the videos linked he claims to be responsible for £35,000 odd of motoring fines in 2019 and stacks of penalty points too

• Registered Users Posts: 30,249 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Muahahaha wrote: »
    was literally wondering about that guy when reading this thread. He was unreal, he used to be having mexican standoffs with motorists and the like. Always thought he wasnt quite right in the head.

This english guy seems to be on a crusade to do the polices work for them. In one of the videos linked he claims to be responsible for £35,000 odd of motoring fines in 2019 and stacks of penalty points too

I always thought he was a Boards.ie user going around with his cards yelling out peoples number plate numbers!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭ShatterAlan

"putting your life on the line"

Give over.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,175 ✭✭✭KaneToad

Ritchie had already accumulated 9 points for driving offences. This pushed him up to 12 and resulted in the ban. I wouldn't have much sympathy for him, he seems to have difficulty in understanding/obeying road traffic legislation. Its probably best that he's not driving.

In the article it says the cyclist claims to have lost his father at the age of 19 in a motorist accident. Hence "why he records".

Honestly I don't believe that. It sounds like what an ars*hole says to excuse their behaviour. Am sure his father did die. Maybe even at 19. But a Car accident? Not buying it.

Sure didn't Batman's parents die when he was young too thus pushing him on the path to be the caped crusader :pac: what about Peter Parker and uncle Ben? Lol.

I think this guy might be a spacer.

So you wont believe all he says, just some of it ?
    Why ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭Rodney Bathgate

Advertisement