Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Cadetships 2020

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22 DannyMac23

Borderland wrote: »
    I have a feeling we’re probably on the reserve interview panel, and we’ll be called if other people aren’t available or fail the interview.

Yeah that could be a possibility , I take it we won’t hear for a few weeks either way so?

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Borderland

DannyMac23 wrote: »
    Yeah that could be a possibility , I take it we won’t hear for a few weeks either way so?

Yea, I mean there is 3 weeks of interviews. D Day would be 7th August

• Registered Users Posts: 39 RCB1A

mcc_c wrote: »
    Anyone who has done the AC stage 2, how do you feel about it? Some weird psychometrics

I really liked the psychometrics in stage 2, especially the one where we used the joystick. I thought the second personality test was quite weird. I'd say I didn't do too well on the one with the plane multitasking though because I didn't really understand when I was supposed to press the "waypoint" button... that and there was a lot to remember for the questions at the end. :D

What about you, what did you think?

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭mcc_c

RCB1A wrote: »
    I really liked the psychometrics in stage 2, especially the one where we used the joystick. I thought the second personality test was quite weird. I'd say I didn't do too well on the one with the plane multitasking though because I didn't really understand when I was supposed to press the "waypoint" button... that and there was a lot to remember for the questions at the end. :D

What about you, what did you think?

I was a fan of the joystick one, more of a game than a test! Yeah that one was weird, very blatant as to what they were trying to gauge there tbh. The puzzle one with the shapes was anyone's guess not sure how I did in that one and I had the exact same problem with the multitasking one, the waypoint one was confusing!

All in all if you put the testing and career aspects to the side I thought it was actually a great experience and quite a fun day ðŸ˜

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭TheWarChicken

Quick question regarding the army interview, should we bring certs and pieces of paper related to hobbies and stuff outside of formal education or is that surplus to requirement.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36 josh1010st

Lads, anyone know how many examples we should have for each competency for the interview? And what are the questions they ask like? I have my interview Tuesday morning! Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 31 JohnBoy140

I’ve gotten no email or response at all after completing the fitness test/group exercise. Would it be fair to assume I’m on some sort of reserve list or have I just been eliminated and they haven’t told me?

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Borderland

JohnBoy140 wrote: »
    I’ve gotten no email or response at all after completing the fitness test/group exercise. Would it be fair to assume I’m on some sort of reserve list or have I just been eliminated and they haven’t told me?

Not sure if you’re going to get good news or bad news but they will tell you if you’ve been unsuccessful at any point in the competition.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭fergie199

Army is still slow with people's usual regard and expectation. Replys are going to be slow an staggared but don't be worrying I'm sure they havnt left any of you out. The covid restrictions have even one down to skeleton staff including the army so replys and test results will take a little longer than you folks are normally used to.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 RVR590

Any more word on army interviews? I receive my invitation for the Navy interview but have yet to hear from the army?

• Advertisement

RVR590 wrote: »
    Any more word on army interviews? I receive my invitation for the Navy interview but have yet to hear from the army?

Got my Garda vetting on Friday. Hoping that it means I’m being considered for an interview. Surely we’ll find out for sure this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 gzaq

Just got an email today offering an interview for next week.

Yeah I just got word there as well, mine is next Thursday. Anyone else hear back ?

Yeah I just got word there as well, mine is next Thursday. Anyone else hear back ?

I’m next week as well. How many do you reckon are left?

JohnBoy140 wrote: »
    I’m next week as well. How many do you reckon are left?

I’m guessing they are staggering the emails by a week, so next week they will be emailing people about the following.

gzaq wrote: »
    I’m guessing they are staggering the emails by a week, so next week they will be emailing people about the following.

I think that’s how they’re working it, which means the earliest we’ll see how we do is mid-August I’d wager.

Any of the chaps that did the interview this week have any words of wisdom/ caution or advice for it ?

Any of the chaps that did the interview this week have any words of wisdom/ caution or advice for it ?

It’s honestly not a bad interview, it’s somewhat informal the panel were really nice. There is 4 on the panel and each of them have an competency or two to ask you about. There is water there, use it to give yourself a second or two to think.
    Make sure you have specific examples for the competencies make sure you have 2/3 to fall back on for each. They will ask you to provide specific times or examples so E.g “Can you describe a time where you have had to make a difficult decision that impacted others?”

Just be confident and have your examples well learned off, they didn’t ask me anything regarding my degree and the only question they asked about the role of the DF was actually just what the role of a junior officer is on a day to day basis.

Best of luck to ye all! Hopefully we all get calls for medicals!

josh1010st wrote: »
    It’s honestly not a bad interview, it’s somewhat informal the panel were really nice. There is 4 on the panel and each of them have an competency or two to ask you about. There is water there, use it to give yourself a second or two to think.
    Make sure you have specific examples for the competencies make sure you have 2/3 to fall back on for each. They will ask you to provide specific times or examples so E.g “Can you describe a time where you have had to make a difficult decision that impacted others?”

Just be confident and have your examples well learned off, they didn’t ask me anything regarding my degree and the only question they asked about the role of the DF was actually just what the role of a junior officer is on a day to day basis.

Roughly how long is the interview time wise?

Roughly how long is the interview time wise?

Ah they said it would be 40 mins but mine ended up being 55mins but it flew so don’t worry about that!

Just hoping what I said was right and we get calls soon! Best of luck lads!

• Advertisement

josh1010st wrote: »

Sounds like it went well, and cheers for the insight. Good luck with your application hopefully you get a call back for a medical!

On another note, has anyone who went for the Air Corps heard back?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 RVR590

Anyone still not heard from the army for interviews?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 MountainGoat23

RVR590 wrote: »
    Anyone still not heard from the army for interviews?

I had my interview yesterday, it seemed like they are doing the technical applicants first, ie. Engineering/Ordnance.

I’d say general line applicants/school leavers are being interviewed next week and the week after.

Sounds like it went well, and cheers for the insight. Good luck with your application hopefully you get a call back for a medical!

On another note, has anyone who went for the Air Corps heard back?

I have my Air Corps Interview this Tuesday coming, only day they could fit me in :D

Thanks for the answer @josh1010st !

I have my Air Corps Interview this Tuesday coming, only day they could fit me in :D

Thanks for the answer @josh1010st !

Congratulations that's great news! Hope it goes well for you and good luck!

Do you mind me asking when they got in touch? Haven't heard back and beginning to think that's a bad sign, might email this afternoon if I don't hear between now and then.

Do you mind me asking when they got in touch? Haven't heard back and beginning to think that's a bad sign, might email this afternoon if I don't hear between now and then.

I think they are doing it week by week, if you’ve got the Garda Vetting email I’m sure you’ll hear by near Monday or Tuesday, the rejection emails went out nearly two weeks ago.

They only emailed me yesterday around 10am and by the time I replied Tuesday was the only day available. I'm inclined to agree with DannyMac23, if you got the Garda vetting you're probably fine.

Thanks for the good wishes! I wish you good luck too!

• Registered Users Posts: 8 MountainGoat23

Anyone know when we hear back from the interview stage?

Anyone know when we hear back from the interview stage?

I had my interview last Tuesday and I got an email Saturday night for my medical tomorrow. So you shouldn’t have to wait long!

• Advertisement

Anyone that’s had their interview already, did you have to wear a mask for it? I have my interview this week. Thanks and best of luck to everyone.

Advertisement