Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mintos Identity Confirmation

Options
  • 20-07-2020 9:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 833 ✭✭✭

Hi all, have been with Mintos about 3 years.

Received this confirm identity request today..

To continue investing on Mintos without interruption, please verify by 31.07.2020
    What do I need?
    • Your national identity document or passport
    • A computer or phone with a camera
    • Sufficient light
    • A stable internet connection
    Well this might be a problem for me. I don’t own a smart /camera phone , nor do I have a camera on my desktop.

I am bogged down with many other problems right now and just 7 days to attend to this.

Not too concerned about continuing to invest but worried about withdrawing my funds.

Any thoughts.?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 833 ✭✭✭the watchman

As an afterthought is it just a coincidence that my ‘available balance’ with them has been growing as many of my investment loans have been fully paid up but I haven’t re-invested for the last 3 months or so!

I didn’t have any intention of withdrawing but just wanted the funds there if I did for a little while.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 10,035 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jim2007

As an afterthought is it just a coincidence that my ‘available balance’ with them has been growing as many of my investment loans have been fully paid up but I haven’t re-invested for the last 3 months or so!

I didn’t have any intention of withdrawing but just wanted the funds there if I did for a little while.

If you have not been checked in 3 years then it is most likely just you turn., nothing more than that.

But you should do your best to meet their requirements within the time period as sorting it out later could turnout to be a very big pain... it is a legal process they have to follow and once it starts rolling and outside parties get involved it is difficult to roll back.

Also, assume you will be unable to access funds... in the eyes of the law, they'd be very lax if they gave you a warning they are checking your identity and then allowed you to disappear with the cash.

• Registered Users Posts: 833 ✭✭✭the watchman

You couldn't make it up. Just noticed my passport expired couple months ago!:):mad:.

So I emailed them my problems and they replied within about 12 hours. very impressed with that. so while they sympathized with my problems they quote the current laws etc and I have to get the passport. they are asking for a date that I might be able to provide documents. hard to say.

I'm resigned to the fact this will be a long haul now but there it is. Thankfully I am not reliant on the funds and I doubt they will steal it from me !!!

Advertisement