Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas Out of Season 2020

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

DvB wrote: »
    To be fair i'm not a fan of the christmas movie channels, most of the films are really not that good......

You can be guaranteed that Clark Kent will make an appearance though :D

TRS30 wrote: »
    You can be guaranteed that Clark Kent will make an appearance though :D

I love how everyone just calls him Clark Kent :D

I love how everyone just calls him Clark Kent :D

To be honest I couldn't remember his real name however more people will probably know who I'm talking about if say CK!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,125 ✭✭✭✭DvB

The christmas tree in work came up for discussion today due to us moving office recently, and where to store it in the new one... the funny thing was it was raised by the biggest 'bah humbug' in the company who hates the mention of the 'c' word before December 21st or suchlike :D
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,528 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

The weather right now is genuinely making me think this is November!

• Advertisement

The christmas tree in work came up for discussion today due to us moving office recently, and where to store it in the new one... the funny thing was it was raised by the biggest 'bah humbug' in the company who hates the mention of the 'c' word before December 21st or suchlike :D

Its the quiet ones you have to watch!!

Posy wrote: »
    The weather right now is genuinely making me think this is November!

Wish it was Posy. We would be in the thick of it :)

Well if the rest of the year flies like the beginning of the year, it'll be November in about a month!

Die hard 2 on Sony movies tonight at 9.00pm.

I know some here consider this also to be a Christmas movie.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

Die hard 2 on Sony movies tonight at 9.00pm.

I know some here consider this also to be a Christmas movie.

Caught the end of it. They play 'Let it Snow' as the closing credits are rolling so guess that makes it qualify :D

• Advertisement

TRS30 wrote: »
    Caught the end of it. They play 'Let it Snow' as the closing credits are rolling so guess that makes it qualify :D

Funnily enough I always considered Die Hard II more of a Christmas film than the first. Maybe its the snow:pac:

Funnily enough I always considered Die Hard II more of a Christmas film than the first. Maybe its the snow:pac:

I guess it's the age old debate around what constitutes a Christmas movie. Both are set at Christmas time so to me that is probably enough to get in.

I'm now thinking about shooting a helicopter with a car! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭Littlehorny

Came in from work yesterday evening and caught the last ten minutes of The Repair Shop Christmas edition, two brothers got a Raleigh Chopper restored from when they were kids 44 years ago. The delight on their faces when they saw the bike done up was great to see, they looked like they were kids again on Christmas morning.

Later in the evening I noticed Christmas editions of Brooklyn Nine Nine and Friends were on when I was channel hoping, does anyone else notice this? Christmas editions of shows seem to pop up in 2's and 3's of an evening on the telly.

Later in the evening I noticed Christmas editions of Brooklyn Nine Nine and Friends were on when I was channel hoping, does anyone else notice this? Christmas editions of shows seem to pop up in 2's and 3's of an evening on the telly.

They are like buses :D

Home alone on film 4 this evening at 4.55pm... just in case anyone is in the mood of some christmas fun!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,188 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Home alone on film 4 this evening at 4.55pm... just in case anyone is in the mood of some christmas fun!

If I close up early at work I wonder will they notice?

Got a big bag of clothes/shoes for the kids off my sister over the weekend. My wife opened it last night when we got home and was a pair of reindeer slippers for the young lad. He put them straight on and wouldn't take then off. Was running around singing Jingle Bells and asking me how long till Santa would be coming! Bless him, really made me smile :)

Saw there that the tesco Christmas advert was bring shot this weekend... and earlist sighting yet of the Christmas tubs of sweets, celebrations spotted in various stores in the UK this weekend. Suspect it'll be a couple of months before we see them over here.

Saw there that the tesco Christmas advert was bring shot this weekend... and earlist sighting yet of the Christmas tubs of sweets, celebrations spotted in various stores in the UK this weekend. Suspect it'll be a couple of months before we see them over here.

I was just on Twitter.
    How long goes it take to get to TESCO'S KLAXON from Cork?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,735 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Tesco is currently fully stocked with back to school items which always reminds me of the run up to Christmas.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭antimatterx

Loughc wrote: »
    Tesco is currently fully stocked with back to school items which always reminds me of the run up to Christmas.

Yep, I love the Autumn season then the Christmas season, and it's slowly getting closer.

I can't wait.

It feels sort of strange this year.
    I'm getting ready for the Lidl and Aldi books which are all about getting your garden ready for Autumn, Winter.

Some might say they are only about eleven days of Summer left!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,735 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Some might say they are only about eleven days of Summer left!

I’m one of those people haha

yep, me too.

Me three!!

Autumn... August. :pac:

yep, me too.
    Me three!!

Autumn... August. :pac:

I'm in the club to. Don't admit it over in After Hours tough.

My theory is that the Argos Autumn/Winter Catalogue comes out for August. So, it's Autumn.

Love it- that's a foolproof theory. :D

Love it- that's a foolproof theory. :D

I know we've had this discussion before on here but I was taught back in national schoo (all those years ago)

Spring = Feb, Mar, Apr
    Summer = May, June, July
    Autumn = Aug, Sept, Oct
    Winter = Nov, Dec, Jan

I always loved the fact they were a month off being 4 perfect quarters within the one calendar year & I've always stuck to that being the 4 seasons, whatever anyone else says.

I went for a walk at 7 this morning with the doggo and the temperature was only 9 degrees you could smell the cold in the air, it was a lovely fresh morning, very reminiscent of the cold crisp winter mornings.

• Advertisement

I went for a walk at 7 this morning with the doggo and the temperature was only 9 degrees you could smell the cold in the air, it was a lovely fresh morning, very reminiscent of the cold crisp winter mornings.

Clear crisp mornings are great. So peaceful & relaxing to walk/run in etc.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement