Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas Out of Season 2020

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,602 ✭✭✭antimatterx

I'm really looking forward to the cold mornings again. Summer has been a write off, so its best not to be teased with nice weather.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

DvB wrote: »
    I know we've had this discussion before on here but I was taught back in national schoo (all those years ago)

Spring = Feb, Mar, Apr
    Summer = May, June, July
    Autumn = Aug, Sept, Oct
    Winter = Nov, Dec, Jan

I always loved the fact they were a month off being 4 perfect quarters within the one calendar year & I've always stuck to that being the 4 seasons, whatever anyone else says.

I have a different thought process to most and think summer runs till end of August. I have always associated autumn as going back to school.

Anyway who says each season has the same length, can summer not be 4 months and autumn only 2??

Was doing a zoom quiz last night and one of the questions was what are the two badies in Home Alone better know as.

We got it right and got a bonus for what they were called in Home Alone 2.

I'm sure most on here know the answers :)

Carrie Underwood will be releasing a Christmas album on 25th September 2020 (Rudolph day!), I expect Christmas ads to be a bit similar to her album trailer: https://youtu.be/1i_IyxnOvs4

I don't think she'd be my cup of tea, but will keep an ear out :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,033 ✭✭✭✭DvB

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Advertisement

No ASDA in the republic but worth a goo for their food offerings for Christmas 2020

https://www.delish.com/uk/food-news/a29140854/asda-christmas-food/
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,647 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭PaulT21

Loughc wrote: »

Sure why not. Everyone else is at it:D:D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Spotted mincemeat (of the fruity variety) & the schwarz seasonal spices on sale in dunnes over the weekend. Not sure if they're on sale all year round but this was definitely the first time I'ce seen them so prominent.

First mince pies should go on sale in little undr 4 weeks... dont think i'll be waiting until December to indulge this year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,240 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Spotted mincemeat (of the fruity variety) & the schwarz seasonal spices on sale in dunnes over the weekend. Not sure if they're on sale all year round but this was definitely the first time I'ce seen them so prominent.

First mince pies should go on sale in little undr 4 weeks... dont think i'll be waiting until December to indulge this year.

We have a box in the freezer actually....perhaps in another few weeks it'll be time to defrost them and lash on the cream :D

leahyl wrote: »
    We have a box in the freezer actually....perhaps in another few weeks it'll be time to defrost them and lash on the cream :D

Ours took one for the team during lockdown, along with the christmas pud I was saving too.

Note to self. freeze more boxes of mince pies for 2021.

Was round in the folks house at the weekend and Mum asked me to get something from a cupboard in the kitchen. Found two Christmas pudding with best before dates in 2018 :eek:

Asked her is she wanted me to throw them and Dad said they would be grand and he'll eat them at Christmas!

TRS30 wrote: »
    Was round in the folks house at the weekend and Mum asked me to get something from a cupboard in the kitchen. Found two Christmas pudding with best before dates in 2018 :eek:

Asked her is she wanted me to throw them and Dad said they would be grand and he'll eat them at Christmas!

If there is plenty of Alcohol in them, and they are sealed in foil, they might be ok but I'm not sure I would like to chance them, at that age:D

PaulT21 wrote: »
    If there is plenty of Alcohol in them, and they are sealed in foil, they might be ok but I'm not sure I would like to chance them, at that age:D

Were in cardboard boxes however assume they are in sealed plastic/foil containers inside.

I certainly wouldn't be having any Christmas pudding at their house :D

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭Aceandstuff

Waste not, want not. Especially when it's basically cake and booze!

Not a chance I'd bin them. Heat em up, and away we go. 99% of that best before stuff is nonsense to get you to bin them and buy more.
    I'd be very confident they're fine.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I've a very expired pudding in the back of a kitchen press somewhere, must have a rummage. :pac:

Not a chance I'd bin them. Heat em up, and away we go. 99% of that best before stuff is nonsense to get you to bin them and buy more.
    I'd be very confident they're fine.

I'll tell my Dad that Christmas Dr.DvB said they'll be fine :D

I'll tell my Dad that Christmas Dr.DvB said they'll be fine :D

Veeeeery confident! Basically because I've done it before years ago, if there's alcohol in them and the foil is sealed they'll in all likelihood be well preserved.

Give them a wee taste, if they taste fine then rock on.

• Advertisement

Veeeeery confident! Basically because I've done it before years ago, if there's alcohol in them and the foil is sealed they'll in all likelihood be well preserved.

Give them a wee taste, if they taste fine then rock on.

Considering my Dad takes three different types of cream with his Christmas pud, I'm surprised he can taste it all!!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,647 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

So out of season Christmas tik toks are a thing.

https://vm.tiktok.com/J67v6BV/

Loved that :D

'The Chinese are a great bunch of lads'........in my best Father Ted impression

Just in case anyone is listen!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Postgrad10

Omniplex are doing Christmas films in August if anyone wants to get out. :)

Postgrad10 wrote: »
    Omniplex are doing Christmas films in August if anyone wants to get out. :)

Are cinemas back open? or drive in?

Are cinemas back open? or drive in?

Odeon reopened last Thursday :)

Odeon reopened last Thursday :)

Didn't realise they had opened back up. Hard to keep up these day!

Downton Abbey Christmas special on ITV at 9pm Sunday night...

Just for clarity its a repeat from season 6!!

• Advertisement

Harrod’s have started their Christmas shop

https://twitter.com/christmas_uk/status/1294876553243918336?s=21

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement