Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coffee Machine Repairs

• 12-12-2018 11:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi,

Hoping someone can help. I have a Sage Barista Express coffee machine that is 3 years old and well used over the years. Its seems to now be acting up when I prepare a second coffee (first coffee shot runs fine) the pressure seems to pulse up and down. Rather than fork out straight away for a new machine, I am just wondering if anyone knows of a firm/company/person that repairs home coffee machines? Seems like a niche market as I cant really find anything online.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭mrpdap

gbstein wrote: »
    Hi,

Hoping someone can help. I have a Sage Barista Express coffee machine that is 3 years old and well used over the years. Its seems to now be acting up when I prepare a second coffee (first coffee shot runs fine) the pressure seems to pulse up and down. Rather than fork out straight away for a new machine, I am just wondering if anyone knows of a firm/company/person that repairs home coffee machines? Seems like a niche market as I cant really find anything online.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
    Depends on where you are
    Try these guys
    http://www.watermark.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 1 GreyEvergreen

Hi OP, did you resolve this issue?

My Sage machine started to do the exact same. First cup is fine, second one sees pressure dropping suddenly. It doesn't look like Sage services their machines in Ireland... Thanking you.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 seamusmacspud

Hi OP, did you resolve this issue?

My Sage machine started to do the exact same. First cup is fine, second one sees pressure dropping suddenly. It doesn't look like Sage services their machines in Ireland... Thanking you.

Hi ! I ended up sending mine to England to service. Crowd called coffee classics. http://www.coffeeclassicsdirect.co.uk/

Good service but obviously cost of shipping is not sustainable. I was in to sage and they don’t really seem to care that no servicing in Ireland. Terrible service really

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,907 Mod ✭✭✭✭Planet X

Probably the exact reason I bought my last machine from dealers in Ireland (Rocket. https://010.ie/ )
    Was looking at machines from a dealer in UK https://www.bellabarista.co.uk/ and very tempted to buy but......eventually when something goes wrong, you might get lucky but...

Nah....too risky. I'm a phone call away from getting my machine serviced. Peace of mind really.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭phelixoflaherty

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,587 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Always seems bizarre the way there doesnt seem to be a proper coffee machine repair company in Ireland when thousands of people own them and they do break down.

With many machines costing 500 to over 1,000 you would think someone who is good with their hands would be in this market. I know Kenilworth Electrical used to do it but no longer do and AFAIK Watermark only repair commercial machines now.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,578 ✭✭✭uberwolf

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Always seems bizarre the way there doesnt seem to be a proper coffee machine repair company in Ireland when thousands of people own them and they do break down.

With many machines costing 500 to over 1,000 you would think someone who is good with their hands would be in this market. I know Kenilworth Electrical used to do it but no longer do and AFAIK Watermark only repair commercial machines now.

found these guys googling a little earlier. https://www.homecoffeemachines.ie/collections/repair-service

I've a classic in desperate need of some TLC. Anyone able to recommend the above?

Thanks for that uberwolf, seems some one out there is at least repairing Gaggia and Rancillo machines. My own Gaggia sounds like it needs a new pump soon and Id prefer not go DIY so I'll contact them when it goes kaput.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭blue note

My machine has stopped working. I moved to a new house in November 18 and a few months later my delonghi machine went. I thought nothing of it as it had made thousands of cups of coffee for me over the years. But now an identical machine has gone the same way, so I'm thinking it's a hard water issue. Our kettle gets lots of timescale.

Is this salvageable? Can a get a descaler now and run it through? It basically builds up the pressure and the stops before pushing anything through.

New this machine costs about €200, so it's probably not worth fixing. But unfortunately it's long out of warranty. My wife had it when I met her and we put it away for 5 years before using.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

• Advertisement

uberwolf wrote: »
    found these guys googling a little earlier. https://www.homecoffeemachines.ie/collections/repair-service

I've a classic in desperate need of some TLC. Anyone able to recommend the above?

just to update, I spoke with this company and he says he does a complete refurbishment of Gaggias for 200 euro. So it may not be economical for some, you might be better off just putting the 200 to a new machine. I didnt ask about costs for individual parts but that would obviously cheaper.

They are based in Galway so if you're not within driving distance the only option is to somehow find a box and packing stuff and ship it with DPD for about 20 euro. Danger though is the machine gets damaged in shipping it twice, I dont think I would fancy it myself.

If anyone knows of a Dublin/Leinster based coffee machine repair service kindly post it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭emy

Muahahaha wrote: »
    just to update, I spoke with this company and he says he does a complete refurbishment of Gaggias for 200 euro. So it may not be economical for some, you might be better off just putting the 200 to a new machine. I didnt ask about costs for individual parts but that would obviously cheaper.

They are based in Galway so if you're not within driving distance the only option is to somehow find a box and packing stuff and ship it with DPD for about 20 euro. Danger though is the machine gets damaged in shipping it twice, I dont think I would fancy it myself.

If anyone knows of a Dublin/Leinster based coffee machine repair service kindly post it up.

Hi,

i worked full time in this field, I know how the business is, most of them, companies, are in business, because they do a "quick fix" is not done for long term, run, just for a few weeks/months than call/charge again, I did not like it..... now, personally, I do it as a hobby...Krups, Gaggia, Franke, Saeco IDEA cappucino (I know it very well) Conti, Delonghi (just bought ECAM 23.420 for 45 euros, ten minutes fix, very good machine, never came across with this type), but once you know how a coffee machine works, all are the same. I do not do commercial ones, just domestic. Just now finished a Krups EA8108 which was faulty, this fix will last, guaranteed, for more than year, I mean what i have done. I still like it, the business, the only problem is the parts & is not well paid, as a job :(...but, for short term, traveling throughout the country, is nice.
    The secret of a coffee machine is, descale it and clean it properly. Over 90% of coffee machines I've repaired, was the lack of adequate maintenance. My daily coffee machine is Franke Saphira, it is in spotless condition, never had any problem with it. I found it abandoned :(, broken, I picked it up and resurrected it. As a reward is looking after me, giving a nice and creamy, delicious coffee :).

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 54 ✭✭jenneyk19

BES860/08.9 Water Inlet Seal and BES860/14.77 Solenoid Valve Connector 

emy wrote: »
    Hi,

i worked full time in this field, I know how the business is, most of them, companies, are in business, because they do a "quick fix" is not done for long term, run, just for a few weeks/months than call/charge again, I did not like it..... now, personally, I do it as a hobby...Krups, Gaggia, Franke, Saeco IDEA cappucino (I know it very well) Conti, Delonghi (just bought ECAM 23.420 for 45 euros, ten minutes fix, very good machine, never came across with this type), but once you know how a coffee machine works, all are the same. I do not do commercial ones, just domestic. Just now finished a Krups EA8108 which was faulty, this fix will last, guaranteed, for more than year, I mean what i have done. I still like it, the business, the only problem is the parts & is not well paid, as a job :(...but, for short term, traveling throughout the country, is nice.
    The secret of a coffee machine is, descale it and clean it properly. Over 90% of coffee machines I've repaired, was the lack of adequate maintenance. My daily coffee machine is Franke Saphira, it is in spotless condition, never had any problem with it. I found it abandoned :(, broken, I picked it up and resurrected it. As a reward is looking after me, giving a nice and creamy, delicious coffee :).

Are you still repairing them as a hobby? Ive a Gaggia Classic here that needs repairs, let me know if you can fix it and I'll send you a private message

• Registered Users Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭Hodors Appletart

same....

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Chuck1991

Hi

Iv 12 years in the coffee industry and spent the last 5 fixing commercial barista machines. Would be interested in fixing domestic appliances in the Munster area. As in a previous post getting the correct parts can be challenging so timelines would differ with each barista machine. Iv worked with most models and makes from sage, gaggia, domestic to conti, feama and a lot more commercial.
    Drop me a mail if interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭pacelut

Hi all,

I have a Delonghi Dinamica ECAM 350.75.S coffee machine (3 years old), in need of service. Do you know where they can be serviced in Ireland?

Thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Avestar

[/QUOTE]@Chuck1991
    Hi, I have two Gaggia classic machines that need fixing. Would you be interested? Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭ExMachina1000

Avestar wrote: »
    @Chuck1991
    Hi, I have two Gaggia classic machines that need fixing. Would you be interested? Thanks[/quote]

Are you interested in selling one?

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭mckildare

Hi all,

Didn't think this warranted a thread of it's own so hopefully here is ok....

Have our first coffee machine since mid January, imported from Poland. It's a Philips EP4341/50. I was properly cleaning the brew group yesterday using YouTube as an aid and I realised that the yellow lock to hold it in place is actually missing the bottom clip meaning there is nothing to hold it in the Up position. There does seem to be a corresponding clip on the machine itself as the brew group goes in.

It has probably been like this for a while and I'll admit that I've only been giving the brew group a quick rinse and not that often. Machine doesn't sound like the Father Ted TeaMaster and our coffee still being made fine (as far as I can tell!).

Would anyone think this is an issue?

Thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,907 Mod ✭✭✭✭Planet X

So.......my Rocket Appartamento developed a "slow" leak over the last few months....still producing coffee, but always a small puddle underneath it. Decided to call Zero One Zero in Trim where I bought it in August 2019.

I brought it up two weeks ago to their facility and collected it today.....two weeks without a machine, dear me 😀

The issue was a loose sensor on the tank/boiler. It was overfilling. I know people on here would sort this out themselves but I'm not that technically adept.

The machine weighs 20kg. If I had bought this machine from UK and was to pay shipping to and fro to where I bought it from eg. Bella Barista, that would cost a bomb!

The lads in Trim, Zero One Zero, phoned me yesterday and told me it was a loose sensor, no more, they had fired it up and were drinking coffee from it 😁

The cost to me was €41 in total. Half hour labour.

Think twice about buying from UK or the continent because eventually.............

• Registered Users Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Whyner

Hi - Did anyone find a coffee repair person around the Dublin area? Have a Sage Barista that is leaking from the porterfilter even after changing the seal multiple times. I found one video online that suggests some of the internal screws have come loose above the group head but the guy removed about 20 screws and a few tubes. I do not fancy putting that back together

I havent looked in a while but it seems very hard to find anyone to fix a coffee machine. There was a guy back on this thread who said he does but I had PMed him but got no reply. Try looking on Donedeal/Adverts to see if anyone else has popped up offering the service.

When I looked there was a company in Galway area doing it but the cost of postage both ways of such a heavy item is prohibitive. Plus finding a suitable box to ship it in is not easy.

You might be as well off to watch that video a few times and see how he puts it back together. And also set your phone up to record you taking it apart so you have a reference point to look back on if you cant remember what screw goes where.

You other alternative is there is a Repair cafe that happens once every 4-6 weeks (ish) in Dublin 12. There they have tools and expertise to help people fix everyday appliances rather than throwing them out.

https://www.tog.ie/2022/04/repair-cafe/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,926 ✭✭✭keith_d99

Also looking for somebody to look at my Sage Barista Express - based in the Limerick area

• Registered Users Posts: 1,520 ✭✭✭magic_murph

Question - are you happy with the Barista Express?

I have one for just over a year but have never been able to get good coffee from it - followed all the tutorials around the dial in process and used 3-4 different types of fresh bean but the finished product isn't good. Still under warranty so trying to get sage to take it back and so a service / troubleshoot but just wondering if I am better off getting a refund and paying the extra for the next model up or just stick with the Express and try to get it fixed

• Registered Users Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭alec76

If you could get refund, get something better instead.

Definitely better than Express, PID too.

Advertisement