Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

F1 2020: Hungarian GP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Top Dog

Commentators do my head in sometimes. Safe by .4 and going again, "Ohhh risky going on the mediums".
    Same when Seb was doing a lap - "he's not going to be worrying the top 5" and he immediately plonks it in 4th :pac:

Albon really not happy with the team for where they sent him out - and to be fair the team has to shoulder some of the blame for one of the cars getting eliminated in Q2

• Registered Users Posts: 7,724 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Inquitus wrote: »
    They did dump him in the middle of rush hour traffic there for his final run, mind!

Horner will let us know what they think anyway, but the rest of Q1 and Q2 he was still way off the pace

This 90% chance of rain looked a great prediction eh?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 407 ✭✭tipp_tipp_tipp

Very disappointed to see RB nowhere near the pace. Fancied Verstappen this weekend. Pretty much confirms now Mercedes will completely dominate the season. Albon under a lot of pressure already, will he last the season? Thought the RP strategy on the mediums was bizarre, don't know why they felt the need to take the risk.

Inquitus wrote: »
    Even Latifi made it into Q2, credit where it is due I guess!

Yeah Latifi has been making all the right moves so far this season so credit to him too.

Thought the RP strategy on the mediums was bizarre, don't know why they felt the need to take the risk.

A move to show they’re becoming a top team i reckon, and the risk paid off

If they finish the race tomorrow without incident they’ll be P3 and P4 you’d have to think

• Advertisement

This 90% chance of rain looked a great prediction eh?
    Teasing us :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,937 ✭✭✭Cool_CM

Jaysus, some lap by Lewis

Has no-one involved in producing the F1 stream actually watched it since the middle of last year? The on-boards are probably a second behind the graphics. It's really poor and kinda makes the graphic worse than pointless.

Hamilton beats the lap record by almost a second

Ridiculous

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭weekaizer

Mercedes Cars are in a different formula...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,614 ✭✭✭✭skipper_G

Perez fluffed his first run, if the weather takes a turn that could be costly

weekaizer wrote: »
    Mercedes Cars are in a different formula...

Scary how far ahead they are

Can Stroll hold on to 3rd spot? :eek:

The way The Merc goes through the corners is like a video game. It's mental.

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭weekaizer

skipper_G wrote: »
    Scary how far ahead they are

Scary and boring.

The Mercedes a second clear of the other teams. Unless they take each other out tomorrow its an easy 1-2

• Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

Four Mercedes on the front rows.

So Merc look to have another dominant year, which will make it 7 in a row

Ferrari won 5 in a row in the early 2000s and wasnt the rule changes for 2005 brought in to stop them? How come they’re not doing the same for a more dominant team now?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭Cork Trucker

Snore fest tomorrow then

Honestly the way that Merc can just turn in reminds me of the concept cars in video games work. Wait til you're a few metres from the apex and just ram the steering in the desired direction. I'd say everyone would love a go in it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,064 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Mercedes dominant and Pink Mercedes next best. The Red Bull doesn't look happy. Car is a bit skittish and unbalanced.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,184 ✭✭✭This is it

Bar the first lap there's likely no point looking at the front two. Hamilton will take off and Bottas will follow 5 or 6 seconds behind. 3 backwards will be interesting though

Snore fest tomorrow then
    Rain is our only chance of some excitement I'd say. I can see myself skipping the race and just watching the highlights

• Registered Users Posts: 19,933 ✭✭✭✭El_Duderino 09

recyclebin wrote: »
    Just shows how poor Haas and Alfa are without the cheating Ferrari engine! Is it too late for the likes of Williams to appeal last seasons results :p

True enough. It's just part of the normal ups and downs in f1. The old Sauber team was no stranger to the back of the midfield. With the worst engine it's within the normal range for them.

Another poor show from Kimi. He isn't the fastest driver in the team any longer. Time to go at the end of this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭afatbollix

Has no-one involved in producing the F1 stream actually watched it since the middle of last year? The on-boards are probably a second behind the graphics. It's really poor and kinda makes the graphic worse than pointless.

Video streams are now delayed since they are produced in London instead of on track. It’s added about 2 to 3 seconds of a delay.

Top Dog wrote: »
    Rain is our only chance of some excitement I'd say. I can see myself skipping the race and just watching the highlights

Even the rain won’t save us from a procession. I’ll definitely be skipping it after lap 1.

Is 3rd the highest Stroll has now qualified on the road? I know he started 2nd at Monza but originally qualified 4th.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭H3llR4iser

Wonder how long it'll be until Red Bull lodge their own complaint about Racing Point - although they have bigger fish to fry, honestly. Besides the car going backwards, they need to fix their "second driver issue" as soon as possible, Albon is pulling a "Gasly Episode 2".

However high one wants to rate Max, there simply can't be that kind of difference between him and Albon, nor Gasly for what matters, on the single lap - otherwise these wouldn't even belong in F1. There's something wrong in the team, technical or political is anyone's guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,933 ✭✭✭✭El_Duderino 09

H3llR4iser wrote: »
    Wonder how long it'll be until Red Bull lodge their own complaint about Racing Point - although they have bigger fish to fry, honestly. Besides the car going backwards, they need to fix their "second driver issue" as soon as possible, Albon is pulling a "Gasly Episode 2".

However high one wants to rate Max, there simply can't be that kind of difference between him and Albon, nor Gasly for what matters, on the single lap - otherwise these wouldn't even belong in F1. There's something wrong in the team, technical or political is anyone's guess.

I'm sure Vettel won't miss the opportunity to remind red bull that they could use a decent driver in their second car.

I wouldn't believe red bull have closed the door on Vettel just because they said so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,409 ✭✭✭Harika

If shwarzman wins that, he should be promoted to F1 next year

Advertisement