Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LSE shares via DeGiro...

Options
  • 16-07-2020 9:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭

hello all

I'm just a small retail investor, I opened a DeGiro earlier in the year and after getting the hang of it have had some good trades so far a mix of short and long.

However I'm struggling with one I want to make on the LSE - on an aim bio crowd called Open Orphan who I have been tracking for months now and imho confident on a good long term return.

Anyway I think my problem is either the relatively small quantity I'm willing to buy (5k worth), it's AIM / the Degiro pipework...what happens is I'll bid on the current price and no matter whether my bid is = to or better than the current pricing the order never ever completes, Day or GTC no matter.

Any ideas? I'm getting a touch of fomo here :)

M

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭Kilboor

martco wrote: »
    hello all

I'm just a small retail investor, I opened a DeGiro earlier in the year and after getting the hang of it have had some good trades so far a mix of short and long.

However I'm struggling with one I want to make on the LSE - on an aim bio crowd called Open Orphan who I have been tracking for months now and imho confident on a good long term return.

Anyway I think my problem is either the relatively small quantity I'm willing to buy (5k worth), it's AIM / the Degiro pipework...what happens is I'll bid on the current price and no matter whether my bid is = to or better than the current pricing the order never ever completes, Day or GTC no matter.

Any ideas? I'm getting a touch of fomo here :)

M

Weird one, plenty of volume on that stock and it looks like you should be covering the ask prices. Make sure you check that you are reaching the ask prices.

You could try a market order if you're not overly concerned about the entry price currently.

Otherwise I'll attach a screenshot showing how I would place an order for it at current price (not ask price) using limit:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,159 ✭✭✭declanflynn

Hi, I'm trying to buy shares in a company called EAAS tru degiro but it cant find them can anyone help

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭Saudades

Hi, I'm trying to buy shares in a company called EAAS tru degiro but it cant find them can anyone help

This may not be what you're looking for but if you search using the ISIN instead (GB00BJP1KD31) it comes up on Degiro under A1Z1 on the Frankfurt exchange albeit named as EENERGY GROUP LS as opposed to the EENERGY GROUP PLC on the LSE.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭Kilboor

Email clients@degiro.co.uk and they should add the ticker for you

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Joey321

New to boards but a long time looking in, Just a bit of topic, I have a degiro account for a couple of years now, dabble a bit and so far have been profitable. I am learning all the time and would like to go into options specifically covered calls. I have shares for the long term and would like to try make a little more through covered calls but I am unsure how to go about this. I understand covered calls but am unsure how to execute selling on degiro. Can anyone point me in the right direction who uses Degiro. Is it possible to do this trade on Degiro ? or do I have to open a different account. I am only interested in selling covered calls at the moment. So if anyone is already doing this on degiro I would appreciate any advice you could give me.

• Advertisement
Advertisement