Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Night rate meter question

Options
  • 17-07-2020 9:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 64,775 ✭✭✭✭

I have one of those digital meters, it was installed by the ESB in early 2017 when I switched to night rate. I just opened up my ESB meter and the time on it said 19:57 (real time was just after 21:03)

Does this meter keep winter time or something? Surely it is not more than an hour behind?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,070 ✭✭✭✭KCross

unkel wrote: »
    I have one of those digital meters, it was installed by the ESB in early 2017 when I switched to night rate. I just opened up my ESB meter and the time on it said 19:57 (real time was just after 21:03)

Does this meter keep winter time or something? Surely it is not more than an hour behind?

That’s normal.

It doesn’t adjust itself for summer/winter time.

When the clock on the meter shows 23:00 is when your night rate starts.

Based on the times you’ve given your meter is 6mins slow so it will be 6mins passed midnight before your night rate starts.

• Registered Users Posts: 64,775 ✭✭✭✭unkel

I was hoping you'd say that :D

Was afraid for a second that my first hour of night rate use has been charged at day rate for the past few years, costing me hundreds :eek:

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,791 Mod ✭✭✭✭graememk

unkel wrote: »
    I was hoping you'd say that :D

Was afraid for a second that my first hour of night rate use has been charged at day rate for the past few years, costing me hundreds :eek:

the clock stopped on my parents old meter .. when it was at night, needless to say they werent long in fixing it when it was noticed!

Advertisement