Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Postal VAT and Custom Charges from outside EU

Options
  • 15-07-2020 3:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭

This comes up every now and then. I have previously paid charges for US online shopping but here are some offical insights.

Customs Docket
    519985.jpg

My VAT charge was €6.85, the An Post handling fee was €10.00.

The fee is calculated at 1% of value or minimum €10.00 for processing customs charges.

519986.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭tudderone

Stuff coming in from China.......not a cent paid in customs duty, stuff coming in from America.......bend over and assume the position. Madness.

• Registered Users Posts: 877 ✭✭✭Wadi14

Its to dissuade you from getting an AR posted over lol.
    I needed a few small things I couldn't get in Europe customs caught me for 60euro

Advertisement