Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Worst/Best Radio Ads rerun edition!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,713 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Cole wrote: »
    Just wait for the 48 (fordy eight) mobile ads. I haven't heard them on radio yet...only TV...awesome dude.

Dairy Council(?) ad extolling the taste of real 'budder'.

Also 'Coat' Devil.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,385 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

Cole wrote: »
    Just wait for the 48 (fordy eight) mobile ads. I haven't heard them on radio yet...only TV...awesome dude.

Yes, awful stuff.

And there's an ad for job oppordunidies which makes me want to smash the radio.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

The return of the tiresome stupid man/smart woman schtick.

Return? Had it gone away? ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭Kalimah

The Irish Life one with the guy playing table tennis with his daughter, and attempting to set up a pension or life assurance. If I was the agent on the other end of that call I'd terminate it for sheer bad manners.

Bookending your oh so busy day killing it at work by standing staring into the fridge looking at cheese while on the phone to your mother...so strange!

thats just the weirdest ad and I absolutely hate it! All said in a monotone with no punctuation. Someone thought this was funny and clever..............its REALLY not!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,906 ✭✭✭jojofizzio

I’m absolutely sick of the back teeth of the one that’s on constantly since March telling us how to behave this week(as opposed to last week) because of the coronavirus...her voice goes through me...I and to think we’re going to have her on our radios lecturing us On what to do to avoid a resurgence for the foreseeable......grrrrr

• Registered Users Posts: 10,698 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

jojofizzio wrote: »
    I’m absolutely sick of the back teeth of the one that’s on constantly since March telling us how to behave this week(as opposed to last week) because of the coronavirus...her voice goes through me...I and to think we’re going to have her on our radios lecturing us On what to do to avoid a resurgence for the foreseeable......grrrrr

Niamh from Fair City I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,906 ✭✭✭jojofizzio

padd b1975 wrote: »

Really?? I didn’t know it was her actually.....well I spose that will keep her going while Fair City isn’t filming....(if she’s even still in it:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,781 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Is that the one with a supermarket jingle at the start?

padd b1975 wrote: »

It’s definitely not Niamh

• Advertisement

It’s definitely not Niamh

Whoever it is I'm shıt sick of her.

Whoever it is I'm shıt sick of her.

Me too, her droning voice goes through me ! Seems so patronizing and condescending after months of this .....do this, don’t do that, we’re still in this together ! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭dogmatix

Me too, her droning voice goes through me ! Seems so patronizing and condescending after months of this .....do this, don’t do that, we’re still in this together ! :mad:

But it could be so much worse.

I started to think about this the other week, and somehow this irrational fear has been growing in me ever since: what if some "bright spark" in an ad agency somewhere says "here, whatever happened to that bloke who does Goat from the bothar ads - he's comedy gold, he'd be great for the covid19 infomercials, wha?"

• Registered Users Posts: 10,519 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

dogmatix wrote: »
    But it could be so much worse.

I started to think about this the other week, and somehow this irrational fear has been growing in me ever since: what if some "bright spark" in an ad agency somewhere says "here, whatever happened to that bloke who does Goat from the bothar ads - he's comedy gold, he'd be great for the covid19 infomercials, wha?"

The “rumour” was that it was Neil Delamere Who was the goat but he’s never admitted to it and seems to get, genuinely, annoyed when asked about it.

The tide is turning…

• Registered Users Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭dogmatix

The “rumour” was that it was Neil Delamere Who was the goat but he’s never admitted to it and seems to get, genuinely, annoyed when asked about it.

And who could blame him - he would not want to degrade his comedy reputation by having that job on his CV.

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭Klim

Not an ad, as such, but the lad who voices all the promos for all the 2fm shows absolutely does my brain in. And he's everywhere!!

'Ready for a qwooud on your van insurance? Call Liberdee insurance'

'Qwalidy coffee'

He actually says 'charidee' on recent one, without a hint of irony

• Registered Users Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

That smug git doing the lottery adverts at the moment. The same one that was flogging Dacias some time back.

If memory serves me right, before all this covid stuff he was scoffing at the idea of holidaying in Wexford! Hah, how times have changed.

Yeah, I find him annoying...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭The Mighty Quinn

SpitfireIV wrote: »
    That smug git doing the lottery adverts at the moment. The same one that was flogging Dacias some time back.

If memory serves me right, before all this covid stuff he was scoffing at the idea of holidaying in Wexford! Hah, how times have changed.

The Republic of Telly guy, he's not funny on that either

• Registered Users Posts: 3,421 ✭✭✭ford fiesta

jojofizzio wrote: »

Anyone know who this is ? ...."Avalable"

• Registered Users Posts: 6,237 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

Nobody hating on that Dub girl asking us to “mind ourselves” in that painful Covid Ad tone?

• Advertisement

corcaigh07 wrote: »
    Nobody hating on that Dub girl asking us to “mind ourselves” in that painful Covid Ad tone?

Of God I hate it so much !! Just heard it yet again on way home from work.

It’s “all about dem “ they,re confused and scared :eek:,
    Oh yeah and “mind yourself” too or you’re no good to them .

Such patronizing condescending guff ..........coming from someone that sounds like 14 years old :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭flos1964

SpitfireIV wrote: »

Better get used to him because he seems to have got access to the same photos Jennifer Zamparelli has.

corcaigh07 wrote: »

Yes. "Mind yourself" is supposed to be a chirpy, casual salute when you're saying goodbye to someone.

I know the intention is kind, but someone looking at an acquaintance and saying "Mind Yourself" in that deliberate tone is almost as bad as the deep and meaningful "But how are you?"

"How are you?", while I'm at it, is a rhetorical question. The answer is silence, or maybe "Fine". But maybe we are old and repressed :o

• Registered Users Posts: 3,862 ✭✭✭Dickie10

anyone hear the suzuki car ad? jane has been geting record times in her 10k during lockdown while john has been doing yoga in his living room. of course jane is sound effects of focused , rythmic breathing because shes a woman but john you can hear him falling over and breaking the vase in his living room because hesa stupid ,awkward man. if it were the other way around there would be some outcry.

"Wanna talk pensions while playing table tennis wid yer dawder."

• Registered Users Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭Gen.Zhukov

I'd love to give them a ring while I was cutting up a tree with a chainsaw.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭Kalimah

That one drives me mental

Kalimah wrote: »
    That one drives me mental

Stupid series of ads, maybe they'll have someone calling Irish Life mid way through the birthing process because we are oh-so-busy now.

Tourism ad for the invented "Fingal" County.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Dakota Dan

Anyone know who this is ? ...."Avalable"

I’m fairly certain it’s that Niamh wan from fair city with a silly mournful girlish accent. Anyone notice how the evening after they made the decision about keeping the pubs closed your wan was in first thing the following morning with her renewed commands, obviously recorded well in advance of the decision by the government.

Advertisement