Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Clerical Officer AGS

Options
  • 12-07-2020 9:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi all.
    I'm due to start a new job as a Clerical Officer in AGS based in Cork City. My vetting is complete and I expect to be told the exact location of the job in the next few weeks.

Can anyone tell me what the work is like in AGS?

What is the current work situation like because of Covid 19?

Are staff working from home or are they still based in the Garda stations?

I am planning on relocating from the family home in Tipperary for the job so it would be great to save on rent if I didn't have move down just yet.

Any answers appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Bredamb

Hi there. I have also just passed the Garda Clearance. I was just wondering did you get a start date and if so how long from passing clearance did you wait.thanks sorry I cant help with your query.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 derryleigh1

Hi, I work in AGS in Cork City Division. Work in a GS is so varied, it completely depends on what office you will be going to, or what station you will be assigned to when you're informed of your start date. Anglesea Street is Headquarters for the Division, the Assistant Principal is based there are as all the HEOs, and the majority of CO and EO grades. Work of an EO and CO are not very different - you could be doing anything from Finance, HR, general admin, you could be assigned to Crime, Immigration, Courts, Chief's or Commissioner's office where the work is more specific.

We were on reduced hours during the Covid but at this stage everyone is back on full hours. Some of us split our day, half in the office and half at home. I know one girl who is still working from home, I'm not 100% sure, but I think she may be the only one.

Im not sure if this info is what you need, but ask away if you need more information.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Koop2345

Bredamb wrote: »
    Hi there. I have also just passed the Garda Clearance. I was just wondering did you get a start date and if so how long from passing clearance did you wait.thanks sorry I cant help with your query.

Hi there. No I haven't been given a start date yet.

I was told my vetting was complete about 4 weeks ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 DC1878

Hi,

just wondering does a Clerical Officers salary go up to LCI 1 after 3 years service?

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Rasher_Sausage

I worked in AGS a number of years, maybe nearly 10 years so maybe things have changed. I worked in both Ashbourne and Blanch stations.

In Ashbourne, the work was very mundane, mainly dealing with invoices and Finance side of things. People weren't the friendlist in there.

In Blanch it was a bit more varied and interesting. I worked on dealing with a lot on reports on crime and immigration and deportation things and sick reports of Garda staff. All staff in here were great, from civilians to the Gardai staff. I loved every minute of it.

As has been by other posters the work across all stations and areas are so varied so it depends where you are.

Word of worning the HR staff in Navan were nightmare to deal with in my experience!! Lazy and incompetent.

Good luck in your new job!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭2021_AP

Clerical officer (PPC)

24,586 (471.20) – 26,195 (502.02) – 26,604 (509.85) – 27,401 (525.13) – 28,577 (547.67) – 29,751 (570.17) – 30,925 (592.67) – 31,781 (609.05) – 32,747 (627.60) – 33,873 (649.16) – 34,665 (664.35) – 35,779 (685.68) – 36,885 (706.90) – 38,612 (739.99) – LSI 1 39,970 (766.01) – LSI 2 40,592 (777.93

This is the scale for CO so you start at 24586 and after one year you go to 26195 and so on every year. LSI 1 is after 3 years at max of scale and LSI 2 is after 6 years at max of scale

I believe COs now skip point 4 and 8 on the scale though

• Registered Users Posts: 9,543 ✭✭✭billyhead

Are there many Heos working in Garda stations and would anyone know what sort of work would they do?

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭2021_AP

As far as I know there is only a couple in divisional/regional headquarters and then the rest are in HR in Navan or HQ in phoenix Park

Advertisement