Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW36+ Captain

Options
  • 14-07-2020 9:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,639 ✭✭✭

Plenty of choice this week

GW36+ Captain 143 votes

Pulisic (NOR)
    66% 95 votes
    Willian (NOR)
    4% 7 votes
    Giroud (NOR)
    0% 0 votes
    KDB (BOU)
    0% 1 vote
    Sterling (BOU)
    2% 4 votes
    Jesus (BOU)
    9% 13 votes
    Salah (ars)
    7% 11 votes
    Mane(ars)
    2% 3 votes
    Vardy (SHU)
    0% 0 votes
    Bruno (cpl)
    0% 0 votes
    Martial (cpl)
    2% 4 votes
    Ings (BRI)
    2% 3 votes
    PEA (LIV)
    0% 1 vote
    Antonio (WAT)
    0% 0 votes
    Other
    0% 1 vote

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,341 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Gru!

Although I'm worried about playing captain in the first game lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭Irishphotodesk

Plenty of choice this week

High risk of resting due to cup games, many may not get the magical 60mins.

Death near the spurs camp (auriers brother was shot) ...so I expect that will impact the squad.

Pep has stated he may make 4-5-6 changes (read on another thread that quote was taken from a fantasy football site)

Norwich relegation could allow the players to actually play without fear (I suspect it won’t but in the past some teams performance/results have improved following relegation )

Of course there’s the teams chasing European spots, now that man city will qualify, 5th will no longer be enough for champions league, so that race for 4th tightens up.

And at the opposite end the fight to survive/avoid relegation gets to squeaky bum time.

Plenty to think about ... with that in mind, I’m thinking grealish or Giroud could be good differentials or if he is passed fit st maximin at Newcastle could get some points.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,202 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

City and less so United may have players rested with games coming thick and fast incl the FA Cup.

Salah for me. Arsenal defensively are woeful and he's going for the golden boot.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭Brian201888

Very tempted by Foden, he's not in their strongest 11 at the moment you'd think so him playing to let someone else rest for the cup seems to make sense to me

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭Mac-Chops

Salah for me. Arsenal defensively are woeful and he's going for the golden boot.

He let me down in my FH team last week by the same logic so I'd say you're on to a winner.

Currently on Willian... may go Giroud for the craic if I'm feeling punty later.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭ThewhiteJesus

Jesus, not sure what the fascination with giroud is I can see him benched

• Registered Users Posts: 10,508 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

So could Jesus. Anyone really.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

We’ll know before the deadline whether he is benched or not

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

I don't see Giroud benched, he's clearly their no.1 at the moment and Chelsea can't afford to take risks. They're in a dogfight for 4th and the Norwich game is a bigger match for them than the cup semi.

I do see him hooked on the hour mark though.

dsmythy wrote: »
    So could Jesus. Anyone really.

true but giroud spends 90% of his time on the bench and aguero is injured so i'm hoping jesus starts, but i have to admit i'm tempted by pulisic as he has to start

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,639 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

true but giroud spends 90% of his time on the bench and aguero is injured so i'm hoping jesus starts, but i have to admit i'm tempted by pulisic as he has to start

Giroud has started 4 of the 6 games since the restart

• Registered Users Posts: 17,236 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

KDB but could choose Pulisic

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Username exists

Martial for me, Utd are in on the same points as Leicester but are in 5th place by goal difference.

And Palace look very leaky defensively.

I think anyway, wtf do I know?

Lots of great choices this week.

It should be quite spread out.

Hitting your captain this week could see big gains made.

I’m ****ing due to hit one.

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭SameOleJay

No Chelsea here, very tempted by Ings.

I don’t think there’s any chance Martial or Bruno are rested so if I bottle it will be one of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Captain America probably

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Benimar

Tempted by Salah or Pulisic.

Pep could literally play any team so I’m reluctant to transfer in any City players, never mind captain one!

manual_man wrote: »
    Captain America probably

dam it i had jesus in mind all week but pulisic looms large in my mind,
    and Captain America was the last straw, i'm in !

• Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭Markx

Kind of surprised that Bruno can go from being a majority top 10K captain pick against Southampton to a nobody against Palace. Chelsea and City are indeed shiny baubles, but all somewhat risky in terms of pitch time. I'm much more inclined to go for Bruno this week than last....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,466 ✭✭✭skinny90

as my only chelsea player I want to captain willian but dont have the balls to risk it

Jesus Triple captain with KDB as Vice

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,341 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Hmm, I brought Dilva into my team instead of Pulisic, the poll suggests I might have made a mistake

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Love this type of gameweek with loads of captain choices. They're the ones that Magnus Carlson said is best placed for a punt. And with that....

Alonso (assuming we get early team news and he plays)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

It's currently on Soucek.... I mean why not? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,636 ✭✭✭shmeee

If Alonso starts, he will get the band. If not Salah!

skinny90 wrote: »
    as my only chelsea player I want to captain willian but dont have the balls to risk it

Jesus Triple captain with KDB as Vice

I'm on jesus treble captain currently, not sure if I'll jump off if we get Chelsea team news though as it is tempting to get a starter against a poor team, my only Chelsea player is also William and its hard to go there alright

• Registered Users Posts: 4,650 ✭✭✭sheroman01

On FH so so many options. Pulisic, Jesus, KDB, Sterling. Currently on Willian because of set pieces BUT ... I just realised he faces Tim Krul, should a penalty be awarded. Maybe Pulisic is a better choice ...

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭timber train

Martial for me, Utd are in on the same points as Leicester but are in 5th place by goal difference.

And Palace look very leaky defensively.

I think anyway, wtf do I know?

Be careful though .martial has a better record at home compared to away from home you only have to scroll through fantasy click on his season stats so far .

• Registered Users Posts: 32,860 ✭✭✭✭CSF

This is a real week for taking vulture goals into account. It’s going to be a high scoring ones, and good players are gonna be subbed off early.

Matthew Doherty.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,598 ✭✭✭Cartman78

The term "vulture goals" is the HEWT of this season :-)

Advertisement