Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Big Jack

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

This is in reference to that Jack Charlton has died at 85
    https://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/2020/0711/1152658-jack-charlton-has-died-at-85/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,190 ✭✭✭bobbyss

I heard someone on the radio at the weekend (on RTE 1 at lunchtime maybe
    Saturday. The presenter is from Galway I think but don't know his name) saying he had a memory of driving over the Q Bridge with lots of cars parked there. It seems everyone was looking down to see Big Jack fishing there.

Is this actually true? Was Jack actually fishing in the Corrib in a place he could be seen from onlookers from the Q Bridge? There must have been a photo?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭Whereisgalway

https://the42.ie/5148392

Mr.WhereisGalway2.3 thinks this is the story

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭LariToper

bobbyss wrote: »
    I heard someone on the radio at the weekend (on RTE 1 at lunchtime maybe
    Saturday. The presenter is from Galway I think but don't know his name) saying he had a memory of driving over the Q Bridge with lots of cars parked there. It seems everyone was looking down to see Big Jack fishing there.

Is this actually true? Was Jack actually fishing in the Corrib in a place he could be seen from onlookers from the Q Bridge? There must have been a photo?

I can confirm for sure that he visited the salmon weir, I have seen a photo of him down there. However I can't say for certain that he was fishing that day, I will ask around and get confirmation.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,872 ✭✭✭Storm 10

Picture from last Friday's City Tribune of Jack fishing at the Salmon Weir in Galway

• Advertisement
Advertisement