Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Substitution

Options
  • 12-07-2020 4:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭

Hi everyone,

Quick question about a substitution. In a private sale, would I have to wait for the licence application for the person buying my old firearm to be approved before my own new licence itself is approved?

Also, am I correct in presuming that I would need to put the rifle I'm selling into storage so that I don't end up illegally possessing a firearm once the buyer has been licenced?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭zeissman

Hi everyone,

Quick question about a substitution. In a private sale, would I have to wait for the licence application for the person buying my old firearm to be approved before my own new licence itself is approved?

Also, am I correct in presuming that I would need to put the rifle I'm selling into storage so that I don't end up illegally possessing a firearm once the buyer has been licenced?

Thanks in advance
    If you put the rifle your selling into a dealers and get a receipt to show that you left it in you can go ahead and get your substitution

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭JohnFitz2332

zeissman wrote: »
    If you put the rifle your selling into a dealers and get a receipt to show that you left it in you can go ahead and get your substitution

Brilliant, thanks mate

Advertisement