Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Which co sleeper?

• 03-05-2020 7:41pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭

Hi all,
    Due number 3 in August. Thinking of buying a co sleeper. There are just so many on the market....even Chicco next to me have a few different ones!

Any recommendations?
    I will have order online so won’t be able to see them in the flesh :(

Thanks a mil
    :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭kandr10

I looked at a few and went with the snuzpod in the end. What swung it for us was that you can lift the bassinet off the stand and use it around the house. The chicco one doesn’t have the same feature. However I think it’s slightly easier to take down the side on the chicco one. They all do roughly the same thing otherwise. There’s a chicco 4 in one but look at the features it gives - you might not need all of them. I’d say it would largely come down to aesthetics and price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭bee06

We have the snuzpod version 2, currently using it on baby no 2. If I’m being honest, the reason I bought it was because it looked pretty. Baby no 1 lasted 4 months in it and baby no 2 won’t even make it that far because she’s bigger. It’s very narrow so I’d avoid if you are looking at 2nd hand. The version 3 is wider alright.

We replaced it with a cot (Ikea one) with the side taken off and strapped onto the side of the bed. If I was doing it all over again with the benefit of hindsight I’d just do that from the start.

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭Lizardlegz

I’m due my fourth and only looking at getting a co-sleeper now. Will most likely borrow from friend or buy second hand as there’s be no point buying new as no more babies after this! But the Chicco magic one looks good. I think you can pop the side up and down with one hand so that would appeal to me with breastfeeding and baby falling asleep... easiest to slide across the bed and slip back into the cot!

The snuzpods etc look gorgeous and I may have looked at them if I was was only on my first or second. But I think they’re a good bit more expensive then the Chicco ones.

So I’m thinking it’ll be the Chicco magic one for us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

We have a Chicco next2me. Really like it and easy to transport as travel cot for the early days too. Saying that tbh she just slept in our bed most the time (and still does).

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭cant26

Also getting a co sleeper for the the first time for baby number 3. More than likely borrowing from a friend who had a baby a few months ago. She put a lot of research into them at the time and ended up getting a Chico one, will find out the model. One thing to bare in mind is the height of your bed. I have a very high bed and apparently not all co sleepers would be suitable.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

Chico next to me, we borrowed on second and bought after, we lent to a few people and now in our last, still perfect and just buy new mattress for each child, very sturdy as our 2 and 4 like to crawl into it and make out they are babies

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

Thanks a mil everyone. I need to measure my bed!
    Am I basically looking for the one with the biggest internal measurements (mattress size)? Or is how the side comes down more important?

I think there are 10 main co sleepers on the market...varying in price from €95-€279 (today’s prices).

I will be buying it brand new and I won’t be moving it around the house ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭bee06

Millem wrote: »
    Thanks a mil everyone. I need to measure my bed!
    Am I basically looking for the one with the biggest internal measurements (mattress size)? Or is how the side comes down more important?

I think there are 10 main co sleepers on the market...varying in price from €95-€279 (today’s prices).

I will be buying it brand new and I won’t be moving it around the house ;)

I never zip the side up or down on mine. It is always down and attached to the bed (never move it around either).

Here is the list I made this morning it might be of use to someone. I hope the info is correct! The Next2Me ones are a bit confusing!!
    I know prices could change daily. I just realised I didn’t put the maxi cosi one on it, the tutti one or baby elegance one!!

Why noit buy second hand and then just buy new mattress?

• Advertisement

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    Why noit buy second hand and then just buy new mattress?

I wouldn’t be bothered tbh. By the time I buy a mattress I would just prefer brand new in case there is any problems etc.
    I can sell it afterwards if needs be.

We have everything else from our other 2 kids. Granny wants to buy a present anyway :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 780 ✭✭✭afkasurfjunkie

I have a next 2 me also. Don’t have it attached to the bed anymore tho. I found it too hard to get in and out of after a section. It’s handy as it’s a good size and is bigger and sturdier than Moses basket, which I use downstairs for daytime naps.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭PhoenixParker

Next 2 me here as well. On our second plus a few friends kids.

Wouldn't go any bigger. Both ours will outgrow it because they are moving too much before they get too big size wise.
    It's also in the way getting in and out of bed and bigger would be more awkward still.

Would definitely recommend it anyway. Dont think theyve changed much in 4 years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Digs

Had the next to me for kids number 2 and 3. Was perfect for us. They napped in it and would hop between it and beside me in the bed until they moved to their own rooms. It was perfectly flush to my side of the bed and I always kept the side down. My cousin is using it now and when changing the mattress got a very good one from Amazon at a reasonable price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,096 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Bought the Babylo co-sleeper in Smyth's and found it excellent. Was reasonably priced too. It never moved from the side of the bed so did the job exactly as needed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭jlm29

Your attachment won’t open, so I don’t know it on your list, but the safety first co-sleeper is reduced to €99 on world of wonder website

jlm29 wrote: »
    Your attachment won’t open, so I don’t know it on your list, but the safety first co-sleeper is reduced to €99 on world of wonder website

Yes on list €89 Tralee nursery!
    Maybe it might work now?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 241 ✭✭SmallgirlBigcity

I have the Tutti Bambini co-sleeper which I think is great. It's pricey but looks really nice and my baby settled in it really well. The mattress is very comfy as well.

• Moderators Posts: 12,384 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

Yes on list €89 Tralee nursery!
    Maybe it might work now?

We bought the Calidoo from tralee nursery. Not opened it yet, but I can take a look if people are interested. We borrowed a chicco next to me for our first born, but it's not available this time around. Calido looks like a copy of the chicco to me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭BeardySi

Got a snuzpod for baba no 1. She's now 5 and baba no. 2 is in it now. It's had 5 other babies through it in the meantime. Plenty of longevity in them yokes...

• Advertisement

Does anyone here have the Chico next to me dream? The side is totally different to all the others? It looks like it doesn’t come down the whole way....not sure if that’s a good thing or bad thing? Also how deep are the mattresses that comes with them in general!

I basically can buy a kinderkraft one for €73 or a Chico dream for €115!
    If mattress on Chico is 5cm there is probably only €20 in the difference as I think the kinderkraft mattress is only 2.5cm?
    Thanks a million :)

Does anyone here have the Chico next to me dream? The side is totally different to all the others? It looks like it doesn’t come down the whole way....not sure if that’s a good thing or bad thing? Also how deep are the mattresses that comes with them in general!

I basically can buy a kinderkraft one for €73 or a Chico dream for €115!
    If mattress on Chico is 5cm there is probably only €20 in the difference as I think the kinderkraft mattress is only 2.5cm?
    Thanks a million :)

Which is the dream? I have no idea what our one is but we never open it all the way down, we leave it a little way up so no matter what he can't roll himself out of it :p you can then lower/higher it to meet bed

Which is the dream? I have no idea what our one is but we never open it all the way down, we leave it a little way up so no matter what he can't roll himself out of it :p you can then lower/higher it to meet bed

The dream is the second newest one (I think)....it rocks, it doesn’t zip down, the side kind of flips down?
    I don’t care about rocking tbh.
    I want it so I can put my hand on the baby while I am in my bed but I want the baby on the same level as me as I will be breastfeeding.

https://www.bellababy.ie/chicco-next-2-me-crib-dream-graphite.html

^^^

Very good. I like that a lot and showed to wife and she likes. The biggest problem we had with our's was the zip broke. So maybe they changed because of feedback. Zipping down to the bottom we have never done to stop roll offs

The rocking is a waste of time. We bought a rocker for our kids, tried with 2 instead of the chicco and they hated it. So moved them back into Chicco.

We have a separate rocker in the kitchen that plays music. We bought it for first 3, then sold it because we moved. With our current my wife just bought the same thing. Little fellow loves it. 35 quid second hand.

^^^

Very good. I like that a lot and showed to wife and she likes. The biggest problem we had with our's was the zip broke. So maybe they changed because of feedback. Zipping down to the bottom we have never done to stop roll offs

The rocking is a waste of time. We bought a rocker for our kids, tried with 2 instead of the chicco and they hated it. So moved them back into Chicco.

We have a separate rocker in the kitchen that plays music. We bought it for first 3, then sold it because we moved. With our current my wife just bought the same thing. Little fellow loves it. 35 quid second hand.

I agree wouldn’t be bothered with rocker at all! I have a rocker chair thing anyway from my other kids!
    I think the zip thing looks better?
    Do you know how thick your mattress is?

Weirdly I can buy the dream today for €115 the older next to me with zip is €140!
    I just don’t know about the side coming down? The newest one is the magic but side coming down is totally different again!!

Did anyone manage to pick up the Chicco one in Lidl this morning for only €120? I went down to my local at 9.30 but they were all gone! Wonder which Chicco one is was! Gutted I missed out.

Lizardlegz wrote: »
    Did anyone manage to pick up the Chicco one in Lidl this morning for only €120? I went down to my local at 9.30 but they were all gone! Wonder which Chicco one is was! Gutted I missed out.

It was just the normal one. I bought one it is a grey one but not in Lidl. Haven’t opened it so can’t comment.
    I wouldn’t be bothered queuing you will get it online for the same price. The likes of Tralee nursery and bella baby deliver and price match :)

This is the one from Lidl magazine.

• Moderators Posts: 12,384 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

It was just the normal one. I bought one it is a grey one but not in Lidl. Haven’t opened it so can’t comment.
    I wouldn’t be bothered queuing you will get it online for the same price. The likes of Tralee nursery and bella baby deliver and price match :)

Exactly. Lidl suggesting it's usually over 200 is a bit scammy.

• Advertisement

Thanks Millem. Maybe that’s just the original one? I just thought looked like a good price for a brand new one?

Exactly. Lidl suggesting it's usually over 200 is a bit scammy.

O good lol. I don’t feel so bad now for missing out! I queued for 20 min to get in and they were all gone. Was a little disappointed. Lol. And I’m not usually mad into getting baby stuff! Lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 314 ✭✭Mac-Chops

We were fortunate enough to nab one of the Chiccos from Lidl this morning. Pretty sure it's the original "Chick to Chick" but will open up later and find out.

Never had the pleasure of one of these mad dashes before but queued from 7.45 thinking we'd be grand then we apparently got the only 1 in stock where we went. :eek:

Next best deal I could find would have been via Amazon if we missed out today. Works out at about €150-€160 depending on delivery (Parcel Motel or the like). Might be useful to others!

Mac-Chops wrote: »
    We were fortunate enough to nab one of the Chiccos from Lidl this morning. Pretty sure it's the original "Chick to Chick" but will open up later and find out.

Never had the pleasure of one of these mad dashes before but queued from 7.45 thinking we'd be grand then we apparently got the only 1 in stock where we went. :eek:

Next best deal I could find would have been via Amazon if we missed out today. Works out at about €150-€160 depending on delivery (Parcel Motel or the like). Might be useful to others!

Amazon has the dream the last time I posted around 3 weeks ago for €115 free delivery. I didn’t order it because I don’t think it sits flush with the bed.
    I am ordering my sheets from there today they are £7 for 2 bargain!

Amazon has the dream the last time I posted around 3 weeks ago for €115 free delivery. I didn’t order it because I don’t think it sits flush with the bed.
    I am ordering my sheets from there today they are £7 for 2 bargain!

Did you end up getting a co sleeper?

Did you end up getting a co sleeper?

Yes! I got a grey one original. It’s in the car haven’t opened it! Didn’t like dream. Don’t care about rocking either. Dream and magic rocks.
    Don’t see how magic is worth double the cost! Will be selling it on anyway.

• Advertisement

Yes! I got a grey one original. It’s in the car haven’t opened it! Didn’t like dream. Don’t care about rocking either. Dream and magic rocks.
    Don’t see how magic is worth double the cost! Will be selling it on anyway.

O right! Is the one in Lidl not the original? I think I might just end up borrowing my friends for the few months I will use it...

O right! Is the one in Lidl not the original? I think I might just end up borrowing my friends for the few months I will use it...

Yes but you can get original in different colours!

Lizardlegs thought I had posted this yesterday! My older kids are mental for making forts!!! I was afraid they might rip or damage one of I borrowed it. I have seen a few on adverts were they are ripped or zip broken etc. I wouldn’t be bothered buying second hand by the time you add in cost of a new mattress etc.

If I see a good deal I will send it to you.

Lizardlegs thought I had posted this yesterday! My older kids are mental for making forts!!! I was afraid they might rip or damage one of I borrowed it. I have seen a few on adverts were they are ripped or zip broken etc. I wouldn’t be bothered buying second hand by the time you add in cost of a new mattress etc.

If I see a good deal I will send it to you.

I tried to reply but your inbox is full lol. X

I tried to reply but your inbox is full lol. X

just deleted some there!!!

• Advertisement

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Girlie-Next2Me-Cotton-Jersey-2-Piece/dp/B01MQI3UEJ/ref=mp_s_a_1_3?dchild=1&keywords=Dudu+N+Girlie+Next2Me+Cotton+Jersey+Fitted+Sheets%2C+51+cm+x+85+cm&qid=1591438489&sr=8-3

If anyone is looking for sheets.....this is the cheapest I could find!
    I think the mattresses on the dream and magic are 2cm bigger each way but I am sure they will still fit.

The above crowd have them in pink and cream too and are around £1 more expensive. They are selling out every day but also restocking daily!

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭Toastytoes

I had the chicco next to me. Never attached it to the bed as using an angelcare movement sensor with it and the sensor is not reliable when crib attached to bed. It was still worth it for us though, baby was in it for 9 months until moved to full size cot bed so got plenty use out of it. The height was great after c section as no trying to lean over side of cot etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭poker--addict

Here is the list I made this morning it might be of use to someone. I hope the info is correct! The Next2Me ones are a bit confusing!!
    I know prices could change daily. I just realised I didn’t put the maxi cosi one on it, the tutti one or baby elegance one!!

Where is the snuzpod available for 158?

😎

It was for sale on amazon at the time. The dark brown and cream only. No idea what the price is now though as prices change daily.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭kandr10

I found it for 209 here. Not a massive saving but I put it towards the sheets and stuff.
    https://bedtimebaby.ie/collections/snuzpod3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭poker--addict

Thank you. We have some time so I will keep monitoring. Good to know they do drop that much.

😎

Thank you. We have some time so I will keep monitoring. Good to know they do drop that much.

The white and grey one I think it’s called “dusk” is working out at approx €179 today on Amazon. https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B07C1S4X6S/ref=ox_sc_act_image_1?smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&psc=1

Apparently on the 29th June there will be a £5 off promo when you log into the home page.
    I don’t know if it’s only for certain
    accounts though.

https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/5-off-your-next-purchase-above-25-at-amazon-from-29th-june-3492665

Keep an eye on amazon warehouse too. They sell things that are brand new but maybe packaging might have a slight tear or scuff.
    :)

I ruled out the snuzpod because it seems to be quite narrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 928 ✭✭✭Shelli2

I have an armsreach co-sleeper, still on the go after 13 years since my first son. This my only my second, but it's been out on loan for a few different babies.

It's a full size cot so used right up to when moving to toddler bed. It's also perfect for use as travel cot or play pen, it's super sturdy. Its also suitable for high beds as there are leg extenders available.

I'm looking into a smaller one for baby due in December, but only because our bedroom is small and I can't fit the armsreach beside the bed, it's going in the nursery as normal cot.

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭cant26

Any idea where to get a next to me mattress? Does anyone know if they are a standard size? My friend kindly offered me the use of her one that’s she’s just finished with but haven’t come across the mattress on their own yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭jlm29

cant26 wrote: »
    Any idea where to get a next to me mattress? Does anyone know if they are a standard size? My friend kindly offered me the use of her one that’s she’s just finished with but haven’t come across the mattress on their own yet.

Bella baby do them, but they’re quite expensive, if I remember rightly. I got one of amazon, I can’t remember the brand, but it was perfect, didn’t notice any difference between it and the one that had come with the crib originally

• Advertisement
Advertisement