Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW35+ Captain

• 10-07-2020 9:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,627 ✭✭✭

Auto captain Bruno?

GW35+ Captain 124 votes

Bruno (SOU)
    57% 71 votes
    Martial (SOU)
    16% 20 votes
    Greenwood (SOU)
    0% 1 vote
    Salah (BUR)
    2% 3 votes
    Mane (BUR)
    14% 18 votes
    KDB (bri)
    0% 0 votes
    Sterling (bri)
    3% 4 votes
    Kane (ARS)
    0% 1 vote
    PEA (tot)
    0% 1 vote
    Jiminez (EVE)
    0% 0 votes
    Vardy (bou)
    0% 0 votes
    Other
    4% 5 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭ShimSlady

Need to make up ground so I reckon I'll go with Mané

Almost certain to play 90 mins after being rested against Brighton and will be up for the golden boot

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Hard to ignore Bruno now. I'm also arguably light on United attacking cover (just have Bruno and Greenwood as outfield players) so would be some insurance against those who have Martial as well.

Then again Salah is looking sharp and is hungry for goals and you can never really say is a bad option. Even against Villa he was poor and managed to get an assist.

KDB I'll be avoiding as I think it's pretty likely he starts on the bench.

Jesus is one I'm strongly considering. I'm not in a position where I need to take risks, but he was very unlucky not to get at least another assist against Newcastle, and against Southampton another day he could have got 2 or 3. Centre-forward at City you're always going to get tons of chances. I do think he'll start as he's their only real centre-forward and he was hooked at 60 in the last match, but you can never be confident with Pep.

It's one of the toughest captain calls in a long while.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,752 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Is penalty rotation enough to avoid Bruno here?

I’m afraid of KDB again.

I don’t think he’ll be as heavily captained as last week but that may be a mistake by owners. Brighton are an attacking team by nature and now they are safe.

They weren’t afraid to try and take the game to Liverpool and I think City are going to kill them.

Though sometimes I think I’d rather my City asset coming on for the last 30 minutes rather than starting.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

CSF wrote: »
    Is penalty rotation enough to avoid Bruno here?
    I think so. There's good alternate options. I'm on Salah. He was extremely good against Brighton - clearly still hungry for the golden boot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Just watched the United highlights there... Bruno could've had another goal and assist. Though the same could be said for Salah.

Bruno has an extra day's rest and 20 minutes less in his legs from the last game too.

It's such a tough call. It'd be Salah for me just if I was certain he was starting. I do think he will start but I have that bit more certainty with Bruno. Mane was rested last match and Firmino the one before. It's arguably Salah's "turn" to get a rest. Hopefully some clues from Klopp in the presser.

klopparama wrote: »
    I’m afraid of KDB again.

I don’t think he’ll be as heavily captained as last week but that may be a mistake by owners. Brighton are an attacking team by nature and now they are safe.

They weren’t afraid to try and take the game to Liverpool and I think City are going to kill them.

Though sometimes I think I’d rather my City asset coming on for the last 30 minutes rather than starting.
    Do you think the fact that De Bruyne is likely to be rested against Bournemouth 3 days before the FA Cup semi final will mean he plays 90 here? Could same be said for Jesus? They're arguably the 2 least rotatable in big games for City at the moment in attacking positions.

CSF wrote: »
    Do you think the fact that De Bruyne is likely to be rested against Bournemouth 3 days before the FA Cup semi final will mean he plays 90 here? Could same be said for Jesus? They're arguably the 2 least rotatable in big games for City at the moment in attacking positions.

To be honest I’ve no idea.

I decided pre Covid to go without City assets as I was fed up with the guessing. I haven’t paid attention to their schedule so I’ve no idea.

I bought Mahrez last GW for his 58 minute 1 pointer and instantly sold him when I remembered why I don’t own City players. So I missed out on his 8 points this week.

GW 27 was the last time I owned a playing City player.

It’s why I don’t own KDB now.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,131 ✭✭✭✭km79

km79 wrote: »

What do you take from those quotes though? Feels a lot like manager speak.

• Advertisement

klopparama wrote: »
    To be honest I’ve no idea.

I decided pre Covid to go without City assets as I was fed up with the guessing. I haven’t paid attention to their schedule so I’ve no idea.

I bought Mahrez last GW for his 58 minute 1 pointer and instantly sold him when I remembered why I don’t own City players. So I missed out on his 8 points this week.

GW 27 was the last time I owned a playing City player.

It’s why I don’t own KDB now.

I’ve had some decent fate with my City assets (not spectacular either) but I’m in the same boat as the FA Cup approaches.

I have all these theories as to what Pep is gonna do but the best Pep prediction is to predict you don’t have a clue.

Bruno at about 33% on FFS poll
    Salah about 18%
    Vardy 14%

Might be best for me to play it safe this week

Someone talk me out of tc vardy, it's burning a hole in me pocket at this stage

• Registered Users Posts: 8,093 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

Has only scored in 2 of his last 5 games since restart

He hasn’t looked very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Rebecca Vardy hasn't snaked on anyone recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

Bruno Fernandes

• Registered Users Posts: 23,776 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

stephenl15 wrote: »
    Bruno Fernandes

Precisely the question I came to ask.

I've Willian, Kev, Martial, Fernandes, Vardy, Jimenez, Ings.

Is it time to toss in the TC on Bruno?

Larbre34 wrote: »
    Precisely the question I came to ask.

I've Willian, Kev, Martial, Fernandes, Vardy, Jimenez, Ings.

Is it time to toss in the TC on Bruno?

Bruno’s underlying stats were poor on Thursday. A penalty goal that wasn’t a penalty (and he’s unlikely to take the next one) and a corner assist that was not really down to his delivery and rather Pogba’s individual brilliance.

Granted, the game before he looked unbelievably dangerous but there is obviously the worry that if he puts Thursday’s performance in against Southampton he would be unlikely to get the same return.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,776 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Indeed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

Antonio

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭SkySter

Surprised Mane is so low. Surely he starts and is rested.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭Irishphotodesk

Madison and another player will be out, depending on the squad member to replace them, he may not be given the right opportunity to score.
    (in saying all that, I brought him into my team before I heard the news that there were injuries in the camp).

I think Bruno may not be a prolific in the final game weeks, he has been a right points grabber but logic says he is due a blank (which is the reason I haven't put him into my team, every week I say this to myself and as a result I now fear the week I transfer him in will be the week he blanks)

Best of luck with your chip... Really hope it works out, whoever you choose.

Has only scored in 2 of his last 5 games since restart

Or he scored 3 in his last 2 games.

He has scored 50% of Leicester's goals since the restart (3 goals from 6scored)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,361 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Flip flopping between Salah and Bruno. Gut is telling me Salah but my gut has been completely wrong about everything since the restart so there's that.

Flip flopping between Salah and Bruno. Gut is telling me Salah but my gut has been completely wrong about everything since the restart so there's that.

I say go with your gut.... I have just sold Salah (and had him captained last week and the week before, I figure he may get restricted minutes soon - just like mane last gameweek)

ElTel wrote: »
    Antonio

It’s a great shout. I love it better than the Vardy one.

I’m the same
    Has been on the wrong side of 50/50 captaincy calls the last few weeks
    Need to get this one right

• Registered Users Posts: 708 ✭✭✭loadwire

Can't decide. On Mason at the moment

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭ThewhiteJesus

Bruno

Advertisement