Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

advice on vodafone share inherited

• 09-07-2020 4:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭

hI all,
    my mother in-law has recently passed away and my wife and her sister are the sole benefices of her estate.
    We have come across documents from Vodafone that state she had 22 shares in vodafone and 3 shares in Verizon.
    We have no experience in dealing with hsares or anything like it and im just wondering what can we do with them if we wanted to just 'cash them in'?
    There is also an cheque for 265 euro dated 4 march 2014 from vodafone.

Any advice here would be really appreciated.
    Thanks

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 186 ✭✭Kickstart1.3

Vodafone went through a few share splits so depending when She bought the shares (from a guess that she had a share cert then I'd say from the start) Those 22 shares would be roughly 330 Vodafone shares today. But Shareholders got one Verizon share for every 39 they held at one stage so it may be around 100 Vodafone shares She had
    I'm not sure about the Verizon stock, afaik Vodafone sold them at one stage.
    Anyways I think your first port of call is to a company called Computershare as they handled the share registrars of Vodafone and Verizon

Ring them on +353 (0) 1 447 5566

Advertisement