Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Completed 3rd year of Accountancy BA, looking to work in the field

• 30-06-2020 10:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Hello,

I am studying Accounting & Finance in a PT 4 year course. Currently work as a manager in the hospitality sector and am looking for any opportunities to switch to the accounting sector. I have no classes until September, so i am open to do non-paid work experience on my days off(Mo-Fr). What would you recommend that i do. I always do my best at any work i do, so i am ready to put in the effort in any opportunity that i may receive. All ads on jobs.ie claim that they require previous experience. Any suggestions for the next step would be appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,243 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

vegass13 wrote: »
    Hello,

I am studying Accounting & Finance in a PT 4 year course. Currently work as a manager in the hospitality sector and am looking for any opportunities to switch to the accounting sector. I have no classes until September, so i am open to do non-paid work experience on my days off(Mo-Fr). What would you recommend that i do. I always do my best at any work i do, so i am ready to put in the effort in any opportunity that i may receive. All ads on jobs.ie claim that they require previous experience. Any suggestions for the next step would be appreciated. Thank you in advance.

send out CV's saying you are looking for work experience some of the smaller places would take you on. it'll be harder with covid.

and once you're in the door most sound bosses/managers will throw you a few quid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 260 ✭✭Immy

Years ago I got out the phone book, and sent my CV and cover letter to all the accountancy practices within my area.

Advertisement