Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Service Stations - M8 Cork to Dublin

Options
  • 04-07-2020 9:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭

Hey all!

Driving up from Cork to Dublin via the motorway. Wondered if there are any service stations where I could comfortably make a stop without driving miles out of the way. I've seen them marked, but they don't seem close...

Any help appreciated! TIA :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,014 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Hey all!

Driving up from Cork to Dublin via the motorway. Wondered if there are any service stations where I could comfortably make a stop without driving miles out of the way. I've seen them marked, but they don't seem close...

Any help appreciated! TIA :)

Cashel and Monasterevin for starters... Possibly more but I tend to choose the M7 from where I am in Cork about 95% of the time, so can't remember if there are others.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,895 ✭✭✭✭Stark

There's a Circle-K off junction 14 Fermoy. Junction 8 Cashel is right off the motorway and has a McDonald's/decent service station. Next one would be Junction 3 with Circle-K and Supermacs. There's a Food court off M7 junction 17 (portlaoise) but no petrol station. The Junction 14 with Supermacs/petrol station. A few on the N7 after junction 9 though I've never stopped in one, mainly as they don't look the safest to pull in/out of.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭harr

Stark wrote: »
    There's a Circle-K off junction 14 Fermoy. Junction 8 Cashel is right off the motorway and has a McDonald's/decent service station. Next one would be Junction 3 with Circle-K and Supermacs. There's a Food court off M7 junction 17 (portlaoise) but no petrol station. The Junction 14 with Supermacs/petrol station. A few on the N7 after junction 9 though I've never stopped in one, mainly as they don't look the safest to pull in/out of.

Midway , J17 Portlaoise now has an applegreen and a Burger King and the food court has a good selection. J14 Monasterevin is after going through a major revamp and has 3 or 4 new eating options.. I think J14 now has 7 different eating options. J14 might be a bit close to Dublin for a first stop.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,613 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

The highlight of the journey

5dfb83f4855cc233f75e56a6?width=1100&format=jpeg&auto=webp

• Registered Users Posts: 20,895 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Not on the Cork route unfortunately.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭veetwin

Junction 3 M8 Manor Stone is another option just south of the Toll Plaza about 1 hr 15 minutes from Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

There's a stop almost every junction at this stage. Portlaoise has two!

Fermoy
    Cashel
    Urlingford (couple km offf)
    Manor stone
    Portlaoise Plaza (opening July 31st - mcdonagh/supermacs)
    Portlaoise Midway (applegreen)
    Mayfield Junction 14
    Newbridge Maxol (700m off jct 12 burger King opening soon)
    Toughers Top (1000m off jct 10 great restaurant esp breakfast)
    Applegreen just off jct 9a but junction not open yet
    Circle K at Goffs.

Probably missed a few that are a couple of minutes off the motorway, but I suspect there's enough choices above :)

Advertisement