Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Indicators

Options
  • 05-07-2020 6:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭

Maybe it's just me but the amount of people not using their indicators on the road seems to have drastically increased recently. Was it ever thus and I just never noticed?

On roundabouts it's particularly irritating as it can cause you to miss an opportunity to get on to it but the M50 is chronic, people crossing multiple lanes in one go and never an indication.

And it's all kinds of vehicles too; private cars, commercial vans, taxis you name it.

Why? It's so little effort to click them on and off, i dont get it.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭Cork Trucker

“But sure I passed my test”

• Registered Users Posts: 759 ✭✭✭testarossa40

Definitely - certainly within the last couple of years or so... I often wonder is/was it result of some anarchist Facebook or Telegram campaign, or a TicTok challenge etc...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

How would you indicate if you are making a Ticktok ?

• Registered Users Posts: 759 ✭✭✭testarossa40

How would you indicate if you are making a Ticktok ?
    Exactly! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 28,664 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

I find this is particularly bad in Cork myself. No-one down there indicates, especially on roundabouts. Drives me nuts anytime I'm down there as I always indicate, even on a virtually empty motorway like the M8.

It's a mix of -nesses .. laziness, selfishness, and unawareness I think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    I find this is particularly bad in Cork myself. No-one down there indicates, especially on roundabouts. Drives me nuts anytime I'm down there as I always indicate, even on a virtually empty motorway like the M8.

It's a mix of -nesses .. laziness, selfishness, and unawareness I think.

It's everywhere, Doesnt seem to be any particular age group either, they just turn whenever

• Registered Users Posts: 15,731 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

The usual "f**k anyone else using the road, I'm in my own little bubble" mindset.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,457 ✭✭✭✭Kylta

I've notice thatthat a lot, it's a ¢unt alright, you have to keep second guessing most of the time. Its definitely keeping me on my toes

• Registered Users Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭Diemos

It's either that or the I used my indicator so I have right of way brigade.

The standard of driving in this country is atrocious.

Advertisement