Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are people becoming less attractive

Options
  • 04-07-2020 12:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭2lazytogetup

At the beach recently and couldnt see any good lookers in swimsuits. Just fat people. I remember the 90s and people were alot nicer on the eye..

Are we doomed?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Church on Tuesday

At the beach recently and couldnt see any good lookers in swimsuits. Just fat people. I remember the 90s and people were alot nicer on the eye..

Are we doomed?

Yes we are fcuked OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,496 ✭✭✭bb1234567

No I don't think so. People are becoming a bit more pudgy on average but your weight is only one element of attractiveness. I think people generally have better skin today and look younger on average than they did in earlier decades with people smoking and drinking less, wearing sunscreen more, etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 726 ✭✭✭I Am Nobody

Life ain't easy when your fat and greasy.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,293 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Are we doomed?
    Hmmm if you remember eyeing up people in the 90s...your no spring chicken yourself....your part of the problem!

bb1234567 wrote: »
    No I don't think so. People are becoming a bit more pudgy on average but your weight is only one element of attractiveness. I think people generally have better skin today and look younger on average than they did in earlier decades with people smoking and drinking less, wearing sunscreen more, etc

Pudgy, more accurately referred to as fat, should not be accepted as attractive. Great skin doesn’t address the fact that someone is overweight, eats too much and does too little. Moisturising and using suncream isn’t going to combat diabetes and heart disease or the whole host of other illnesses and diseases that are more frequently resulting from people who think being fat is fine. Fat is fat. Call it what it is for a start.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

Too many unattractive people were mating in the 80s and 90s. There was also a lot of emigration, particularly women. So there was an abundance of men to women, who would ride anything that walked.

The opposite of the scenario is Eastern Europe after WW2. There were tons of women compared to men, and the men had the pick of the lovely ladies. That's why Eastern European women are very attractive.

It will be interesting to see what will be in 20-30 years with the popularity of online dating. 20% of males get 80% of the females. So there may be an abundance of strong attractive males on the market but the ladies will be a mixed bunch.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,564 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Speak for yourself OP.

JayZeus wrote: »
    Pudgy, more accurately referred to as fat, should not be accepted as attractive. Great skin doesn’t address the fact that someone is overweight, eats too much and does too little. Moisturising and using suncream isn’t going to combat diabetes and heart disease or the whole host of other illnesses and diseases that are more frequently resulting from people who think being fat is fine. Fat is fat. Call it what it is for a start.

What's a more unattractive trait, though? someone that's "pudgy", yet out and about and at the beach, or someone who spends their Friday nights on the internet at 1am complaining about other people being "pudgy".

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭joeharte123

I wouldn’t entirely agree with what you’re saying for the fact that there seems to be a heavy emphasis on people high protein diets now (equivalent of one boiler chicken specie a day) and exercise, which in itself is only a good thing!

However, I’ve notice make up for young girls has gone over the top. Some girls opt to get their lips injected with botox at a very young age and it really doesn’t look healthy. This is coupled with fake teeth and sun beds. I understand that it’s only a certain cohort of people that engage in this “fashion” but it appears to be rampant throughout towns in Ireland today. It reminds me of a reality tv show in the uk Love Island.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,029 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Too many unattractive people were mating in the 80s and 90s. There was also a lot of emigration, particularly women. So there was an abundance of men to women, who would ride anything that walked.

The opposite of the scenario is Eastern Europe after WW2. There were tons of women compared to men, and the men had the pick of the lovely ladies. That's why Eastern European women are very attractive.

It will be interesting to see what will be in 20-30 years with the popularity of online dating. 20% of males get 80% of the females. So there may be an abundance of strong attractive males on the market but the ladies will be a mixed bunch.

We also have other nationalities over here who would find 'supposed uglier women' attractive and would marry them have kids etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭joeharte123

Online dating is so sterile imo. To me, it is a last resort. The way I look at it, easy come easy go.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Why op were you thinking of trying out animals or cars for affection?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭ShedTower

The police are after me. I'm so gorgeous they want to put me under arrest.

ShedTower wrote: »
    The police are after me. I'm so gorgeous they want to put me under arrest.

You also wanted to put a huge tool in Mrs Doyle's box....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,720 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

no OP you're just losing your libido

The face a mother could only love....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,456 ✭✭✭touts

Are we doomed?

No OP. It's just if you can remember the 90s then you have reached the stage where the good looker's don't tell you where they hangout these days. Welcome to middle age.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭Car99

Wo wo wo !!! Good looking people dont go to the beach unless its empty and they can can get some nice selfies for their social media accounts. Cant risk sand , wind and sun damage affecting their image.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,457 ✭✭✭✭Kylta

Are we doomed?

I think specsavers are doing two for the price of one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭Risingshadoo

Op definitely a troll. Lame ass attempt -1/10

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭I see sheep

No I think the opposite. Do you remember how women looked in the 80s!
    Women are a much more attractive now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭Hamsterchops

Are we doomed?

It's true, people are on average a stone or two heavier than they were back in the 70s, 80s or 90s.

Maybe fast food plays a part in it? There are still lovely good looking people around though :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

Male baldness well up as opposed to decades ago.

Beer goggles..... The goggles do nothing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭Hand in Your Pants

Fat people tend to look younger as they have plenty of collogen in their faces. You can see that many of them turn rotten looking when they lose the few pounds. Often it's better to keep the weight if you're a bit older and bring additional emphasis to your face, or your lips and breasts if you are a woman. Signal that you're down for the dirty and keep those chubby cheeks girls.

JayZeus wrote: »

Are you really deciding for everyone else what level of body fat they can find attractive?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,045 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

No I think people are much more into health and fitness now. Irish women in particular look far better now than they did in the 90's/early 00's.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭Filmer Paradise

No I think people are much more into health and fitness now. Irish women in particular look far better now than they did in the 90's/early 00's.

Some are for sure. I think there's more extremes out there now.

There's more people into the fitness now, but on the other hand it's shocking the amount of truly obese people around these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,238 ✭✭✭Esse85

Yet obesity has never been higher.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭Lily_Aldrin7

Esse85 wrote: »
    Yet obesity has never been higher.

It seems like most of my female co- workers are quite obese and always trying new trendy diets. I have the feeling that obesity has something to do with this! I have two kids and I’m thinner than I’ve ever been in size 6 just because I eat as healthy as possible and I exercise a little. I keep telling them that losing weight is all about creating good habits you can stick to but it seems like everyone is looking for a quick and easy way to lose weight so they try detox pills and shakes and keto diets etc, lose 10 pounds in 3 days and then gain 20 over and over again. It’s the media, I’m telling ya! Too many ads for “easy fixes” and sugary treats

Advertisement