Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

GW 33+ Captain?

• 03-07-2020 8:53am
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,241 Mod ✭✭✭✭

GW 33+ Captain?

Am undecided at the moment.

Either Rashford or Salah.

TC and FH are options this weekend too,

GW 33+ Captain? 102 votes

Vardy(CRY)
    54% 56 votes
    Rashford(BOU)
    0% 0 votes
    Rashford - TC (BOU)
    4% 5 votes
    Fernandes(BOU)
    0% 1 vote
    Fernandes - TC (BOU)
    13% 14 votes
    Martial(BOU)
    0% 1 vote
    Martial - TC (BOU)
    3% 4 votes
    Jiminez(ARS)
    0% 0 votes
    Willian(WAT)
    0% 0 votes
    Pulisic(WAT)
    0% 0 votes
    Salah(AST)
    0% 0 votes
    Salah - TC (AST)
    15% 16 votes
    Mane(AST)
    0% 1 vote
    Mane - TC (AST)
    1% 2 votes
    KdB(sou)
    0% 0 votes
    KdB - TC (sou)
    1% 2 votes
    Son(EVE)
    0% 0 votes
    Kane(EVE)
    0% 0 votes
    Other - mention in thread
    0% 0 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Fernandes, easy choice for me.

In form, great fixture.

Salah (VC)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,222 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

Bruno

Martial hattie incoming!

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,197 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Is fernandes not at risk of being rested? He's started 3 games in the last week.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

GLaDOS wrote: »
    Is fernandes not at risk of being rested? He's started 3 games in the last week.

I'd be very surprised if he was rested. He's United's most important player at the moment and they need 3 points. I'd imagine he'll start and if they're winning to come off around the 60 min mark.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭Ginger n Lemon

Can I seek some thoughts about leaving De Bruyne as permanent captain for rest of the season? - good idea?

I mean go Bruno this week - Rashford scores. Go Martial this week - bruno scores etc etc roulette is too much. Liverpool looked lost - i am surprised 5 already going with Salah given that earlier in the season Liverpool needed 93rd minute goal to beat Villa 2-1.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,241 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

He is due a rest, Martial/Rashford rested for cup.
    This is as good a week as any to rest Fernandes.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭Ginger n Lemon

Ole doesnt really rest players, and badly needs 3 points. Id give Bruno 80% chance of starting. but do think he ll go off 60-70th minute if they are 2 - 0 up at least

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭Irishphotodesk

Voted for martial, he has impressed me in last few games.

Have just wildcarded and brought him in with greenwood, I now have a midfield that I like but strikers and defence are lacking a bit.

Midfield are Salah, mane, de bruyne, st maximin and martial.

Captaincy is currently on Salah , mainly because I expect some sort of reaction to last night's defeat.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,131 ✭✭✭✭km79

F1ngers wrote: »
    He is due a rest, Martial/Rashford rested for cup.
    This is as good a week as any to rest Fernandes.

Maguire and Fernandes will not be rested at any point
    Fernandes had his “rest” last Tuesday night .
    Nice gap to this game . He will 100% start but may well not play more than 60/70 again depending on how it goes
    It’s a tough one between himself and salah for me

• Registered Users Posts: 32,766 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Can I seek some thoughts about leaving De Bruyne as permanent captain for rest of the season? - good idea?

I mean go Bruno this week - Rashford scores. Go Martial this week - bruno scores etc etc roulette is too much. Liverpool looked lost - i am surprised 5 already going with Salah given that earlier in the season Liverpool needed 93rd minute goal to beat Villa 2-1.

This current Villa team is a whole different animal to the one that fought Liverpool so hard.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭ShimSlady

Is Bruno not over performing in terms of goals since his arrival?

Owning him is purely a blocker as all my main rivals have him. Would rather risk a punt on Pogba

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭Trey13

ShimSlady wrote: »

Owning him is purely a blocker as all my main rivals have him. Would rather risk a punt on Pogba

Over the last few years Bruno has performed very well in terms of goals and assists. I had the pleasure to see him live playing for Sporting Lisbon once. He just makes things happen in the final third of the pitch. Along with KDB, he will be the first name on my team next season.

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭Trey13

Can anyone offer any insight into whether Salah will start this weekend? My gut tells me that he won't.

• Registered Users Posts: 42,079 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Trey13 wrote: »
    Can anyone offer any insight into whether Salah will start this weekend? My gut tells me that he won't.

Almost a cert to start. Up against a team battling relegation so I think Klopp will want to put out a strong team to show respect for the relegation battlers.

Also Salah has said he really wants that Golden Boot again. The Burnley at home game is where I’d be more worried he gets rested as Burnley are safe.

He looked fine the last game
    Firmino looked like someone who had never seen a football before
    There isn’t a doubt in my mind that salah will start

Also whether there is fans in the ground or not (and I would bet there will be many outside ) it is there first home game since winning the title
    I think he will reward the players who got them there
    Rotation will kick in after that

ShimSlady wrote: »

He is a very good shield at the moment. Not so effective as a sword. Strongly considering finding a way to bring him in and captain him this week.

https://mobile.twitter.com/MirrorFootball/status/1279113046246469637

Someone at the Mirror wants their Bruno captain to be a differential

• Registered Users Posts: 42,079 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

CSF wrote: »
    https://mobile.twitter.com/MirrorFootball/status/1279113046246469637

Someone at the Mirror wants their Bruno captain to be a differential

It’s like Jamie Jackson and Agüero all over again.

It’s like Jamie Jackson and Agüero all over again.

And yet somehow this one seems even less feasible than one that was already confirmed as false.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭shineon23

https://twitter.com/BenDinnery/status/1279047099246620673?s=19

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,043 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

If you have Salah then you have to captain him. Generally, if Salah starts on the bench he stays on the bench too. doesn't do 1 pointers.

FitzShane wrote: »
    If you have Salah then you have to captain him. Generally, if Salah starts on the bench he stays on the bench too. doesn't do 1 pointers.

Villa’s last 4 xgCs:

The actual goals conceded is only 4 in 4 also.

The Villa conversation about leakyness is based on old thinking. Salah is a decent captain at home against anyone, but the idea that he is a MUST captain when a much more in form United play a Bournemouth have shipped 7 goals in their last 3 games against teams who are better known for their defensive qualities.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,336 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

CSF wrote: »
    Villa’s last 4 xgCs:

The actual goals conceded is only 4 in 4 also.

The Villa conversation about leakyness is based on old thinking. Salah is a decent captain at home against anyone, but the idea that he is a MUST captain when a much more in form United play a Bournemouth have shipped 7 goals in their last 3 games against teams who are better known for their defensive qualities.

I was happy with Salah...... HAPPY

And then you go and do this to me :(

Rikand wrote: »

Palace were also watertight before they went to Anfield

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭claw

km79 wrote: »
    Palace were also watertight before they went to Anfield

Palace had nothing to play for, Villa do. Liverpool had a title to win against Palace, they don't now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,350 ✭✭✭✭siblers

claw wrote: »
    Palace had nothing to play for, Villa do. Liverpool had a title to win against Palace, they don't now :)

Yeah but Liverpool also got blown apart from City, they'll be out to make up for that

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭howareyakid

Thinking Rashford. Think he could be due a goal and he has assist potential as well. Tough one this week though.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭ThewhiteJesus

Bruno

Rikand wrote: »

I still think he is a good option. He has an exceptional home record which makes him a strong option against anyone. I still think this is being viewed in terms of the Villa that left for lockdown having been pumped by Leicester though.

I have not ruled out captaining him, but I think that the 2nd most in form attacking team against the most out of form defensive team warrants plenty of attention also. Granted, it’s harder to pick the United attacker who will do it on a week to week basis so I may still stick with Salah who I’d originally voted for in the poll.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,093 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

siblers wrote: »
    Yeah but Liverpool also got blown apart from City, they'll be out to make up for that

Also Salah is still in with a chance of winning the golden booth award. 2 behind PEA so perfect time to get a hat trick.

Advertisement