Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

National Childcare Scheme

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭peteb2

CheerLouth wrote: »
    Does anyone know how long it takes for your application to be approved/processed? I applied yesterday after great difficulty - ended up having to ring the help line. Why do they not make these things easy?

Took nearly 3 months for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,421 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

peteb2 wrote: »
    Took nearly 3 months for me.

Jeez, that is an age! I selected the option for them to go to the Revenue to get our details so was hoping it would be fairly swift - clearly not the case :(

In comparison, I submitted my claim for Maternity Benefit via the online application & it was approved in hours. How can some government departments be so quick & others take so long? Is it to stop people from applying I wonder?

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Cakerbaker

Jeez, that is an age! I selected the option for them to go to the Revenue to get our details so was hoping it would be fairly swift - clearly not the case :(

In comparison, I submitted my claim for Maternity Benefit via the online application & it was approved in hours. How can some government departments be so quick & others take so long? Is it to stop people from applying I wonder?

Mine took just under 2 weeks.

Maternity benefit doesn’t require an income assessment so you either qualify for it or not assuming that you are in employment and have the necessary contributions. Now having to wait 3 months is ridiculous but I can see how awarding an allowance that’s based on an income assessment would take a bit longer than one that doesn’t.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,421 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

Valid point!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭peteb2

So did I. I submitted an application as soon as the process opened. It was processed by 20th December. But they didn't bother sending an email to actually confirm the process was concluded. So I didn't realise until the end of last month!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,215 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Still having trouble with this crowd!

Fcuk Putin. Glory to Ukraine!

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Cakerbaker

Still having trouble with this crowd!

They unregistered everyone as the Creche’s were closed so I’ve had to reapply again!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,362 ✭✭✭✭siblers

We applied today, any idea how long should it take?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,362 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Also, does anyone know if this is postdated from when you applied?As in should we expect a refund for the period in which we paid the full amount from when we applied to when we get approved

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭Iamhere

siblers wrote: »
    Also, does anyone know if this is postdated from when you applied?As in should we expect a refund for the period in which we paid the full amount from when we applied to when we get approved

Thanks

No, unfortunately they do not backdate

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Anyone having trouble with the site? Keeps asking me to review the data privacy statement and will not accept when i submit...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,215 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Pacifico wrote: »
    Anyone having trouble with the site? Keeps asking me to review the data privacy statement and will not accept when i submit...

Site is a mess. Keeps logging me out when trying to view queries. Whole thing is a joke.

Fcuk Putin. Glory to Ukraine!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Made a successful application for one of my children but have a second starting creche in a few weeks...i assume i have to make a new application and not edit the first one?!

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

LCARDEN wrote: »
    Hey thanks for replying. I got mine in the day before it was officially opened. Fast tracked it too. Self employed husband might be the reason for the go slow.

Hey, did you find it difficult doing the self assessment for your self employed husband?

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭duffmagic

The kid is going into ECCE very shortly.

I knew I'd dropped the ball on NSC but, being used to Revenue, I assumed it was possible to get it backdated. Going to NSC site, I hit Apply, created a MyGovID (basic account) and setup 2FA. NSC got in a tizzy so I started with the Apply button again and did the logon for MyGovID and 2FA and it again got in a tizzy. Tried on Chrome, Firefox and Safari, same deal. This is why the OH gave up before. Then I read this thread!!

So it appears I could try a 3 month process, beginning with a physical appointment at an Intreo Office to apply for a PSC (id) card. With a PSC card, somehow added to MyGovID, fingers crossed the logon wouldn't loop forever and instead would tell me I'd found the right magic potion to slay the sentinel at the gate, thus granting me access to the NCS application process.

Using their online calculator, it appears that the "universal" bit is only for pre ECCE. Post ECCE, it's only an income-related scheme.

As I said, ECCE is around the corner and I doubt I'll get anything post ECCE, so guess I'll forget about it.

Daft.

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭DUBLINIRL

Is the non assessed rate due to increase from €1.40 per hour on a predetermined future date?

Advertisement