Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spd / pgp

Options
  • 27-05-2019 3:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭

Hi everyone
    Just wondering if anyone who had severe spd and pgp before baby came still had issues long after baby came ? My fella is 10 months and I'm just sick of suffering :( hips back and pelvis so sore and it doesn't help with a very active little fella !!
    Been getting physio and bern refered to a consultant but I suppose I'm just looking for success stories .
    Does it ever just go away ????
    Rant over :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭waterfaerie

Hi, I see this is a few months old but I just came across it now. Are you still suffering with it?

I had severe SPD and also severe lower back pain during and after pregnancy. I was seeing a physio in the public system for about 6 months after my daughter was born and they just kept saying it would resolve itself. At first I just trusted them because I didn't know any better but eventually I started questioning it and asking around for other advice.

Eventually I found a private physio that was highly recommended and everything was sorted in just a couple of sessions. The difference between the two physios was unbelievable and all of a sudden I was pain free for the first time in over a year.

I'm sure there are great physios in the public system as well but the thing is you're stuck with who you get whereas with a private one you get to choose. I'd recommend hunting down the best private one you can find in your area.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Lola_86

Hi,

Just wondered where you are located and could you pm me the name if the physio that helped? Thanks a mil!!!
    Hi, I see this is a few months old but I just came across it now. Are you still suffering with it?

I had severe SPD and also severe lower back pain during and after pregnancy. I was seeing a physio in the public system for about 6 months after my daughter was born and they just kept saying it would resolve itself. At first I just trusted them because I didn't know any better but eventually I started questioning it and asking around for other advice.

Eventually I found a private physio that was highly recommended and everything was sorted in just a couple of sessions. The difference between the two physios was unbelievable and all of a sudden I was pain free for the first time in over a year.

I'm sure there are great physios in the public system as well but the thing is you're stuck with who you get whereas with a private one you get to choose. I'd recommend hunting down the best private one you can find in your area.

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭waterfaerie

Lola_86 wrote: »
    Hi,

Just wondered where you are located and could you pm me the name if the physio that helped? Thanks a mil!!!

PM sent.

Advertisement