Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RTE does comic relief

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,994 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

The "stars" of the gig would raise more money for charity if people paid for them to shut up.

Storm 10 wrote: »
    Here ya go

Hosted by Deirdre O'Kane, Nicky Byrne, Jennifer Zamparelli and Eoghan McDermott,

https://www.rte.ie/entertainment/2020/0609/1146299-rte-announces-emergency-comic-relief-fundraiser/

the unfunniest of them all imo

• Registered Users Posts: 81,535 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

With no studio audience they will have to laugh at their own jokes.

• Registered Users Posts: 72,152 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

The Pointless thread is thataway —————>

:o:o:o

• Registered Users Posts: 11,297 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

With no studio audience they will have to laugh at their own jokes.

So your saying Jason Byrne is happy that nothing has changed?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,161 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

Can’t stand Deirdre O’Kane. Her voice is so annoying, horrible thicko Meath culchie accent. She was absolutely awful when she was hosting the 6 o’clock show, no matter what anyone would say she would always talk about herself. And if you are gonna be an interviewer you cannot be a narcissist.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,932 ✭✭✭Conall Cernach

Hopefully they use the same joke writer as they do for Dancing With The Stars.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,871 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Can’t stand Deirdre O’Kane. Her voice is so annoying, horrible thicko Meath culchie accent. She was absolutely awful when she was hosting the 6 o’clock show, no matter what anyone would say she would always talk about herself. And if you are gonna be an interviewer you cannot be a narcissist.

I thought when Appliances Delivered went tits up, I wouldn't have to listen her goose like honking tones.

Will the Liveline Funny Friday crew be taking part?

I could do with a chuckle :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,095 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Storm 10 wrote: »
    Here ya go

Hosted by Deirdre O'Kane, Nicky Byrne, Jennifer Zamparelli and Eoghan McDermott,

https://www.rte.ie/entertainment/2020/0609/1146299-rte-announces-emergency-comic-relief-fundraiser/

I noticed in the blurb for the show that it mentions that its for "much needed" money for charities. Well were the weekly donations on the LLS (which many of the celebs lined up for this were carted out for as well) not enough for these charities? If anything, each charity will receive less this time around than they did for the one show focus, because I am as sure as heck not contributing another cent to see that muppet McDermott claim to do something "hilarious" for charity all to keep up his social media existence.

• Advertisement

she should be put down.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭Brock Turnpike

How many of ye will be hate watching this?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,297 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

Christ no, you’d need to have a fetish to be watching.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,543 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

I noticed in the blurb for the show that it mentions that its for "much needed" money for charities. Well were the weekly donations on the LLS (which many of the celebs lined up for this were carted out for as well) not enough for these charities? If anything, each charity will receive less this time around than they did for the one show focus, because I am as sure as heck not contributing another cent to see that muppet McDermott claim to do something "hilarious" for charity all to keep up his social media existence.

Is it not all a bit 1980s/Live Aid/Smashee and Nicey/Charidee?

Would not RTE be better off doing a few hard interviews with politicians to ask why so many essential services depend on charitable donations in the first place?

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,283 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

No chance, Brentford vs West Brom is on at the same time. Thankfully.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,959 ✭✭✭Mena Mitty

Do these 'comedians' get paid for appearing or are they doing their bit for charidee for free.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,949 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

I don't mind Deirdre O Kane, can take or leave her stand up but she's a pretty good comic actress. The rest on that list I'd happily have dropped from a helicopter at a great height especially that Zamperelli one. There is something deeply unlikeable about her.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,699 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

RTE churns out a lot of crap but every now and then they can produce some funny stuff. Recently rewatched Paths to freedom which was very good and Deirdre O'Kane was great in it. When J.Zamparelli was J.Maguire she had some great pisstake interviews on (I think) Republic of Telly. Naked Camera/The Fear/the Savage Eye/Irish Pictorial Weekly had some very funny moments. So feck the lot of ye, I'm going to give them a chance - wish me luck!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,089 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

God, if only there was a way to harness all the hatred towards RTE on this site and turn it into renewable energy, climate change wouldn't be an issue then.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭bcklschaps

Approaching this with an open mind. Some of the people involved would have tempered
    my expectations ..... But lets wait and see.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

OMFG

Jesus lads, lighten up...

I've never bothered saying that on boards but

• Registered Users Posts: 8,347 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

My mam & I were seeing Deirdre's gatecrashing Siobhán Ryan's weather forecast. All I can say is JHC!

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭Waccamacca3

Won't be tuning in seriously Jennifer zamperelli and now mairead ronan whatt a pile of cack il pay for it to be taken off

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

Will they have to interrupt the misery to bring us joyous news of a new government or otherwise?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,089 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

I think I'll make a donation for every mean comment I see on here.

Nah just joking I'd be broke by half eight.

Skid X wrote: »
    Will they have to interrupt the misery to bring us joyous news of a new government or otherwise?

Hope so

5 presenters overload serious overload

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,681 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

3 minutes in and I'm already struggling to keep watching

Advertisement