Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alarm upgrade from Aritech 9031 to HKC 10 270

Options
  • 25-06-2020 12:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 41

Just looking at upgrading my alarm from Aritech 9031 to HKC 10 270 and getting a few quotes.

One quote is saying i will need to replace all my contacts/shock sensors as HKC 10 270 is not compatible with Aritech sensors. Would you agree?

Have about 20 contact/shock sensors around the house and was hoping to save some money by keeping them.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,528 ✭✭✭kub

Just looking at upgrading my alarm from Aritech 9031 to HKC 10 270 and getting a few quotes.

One quote is saying i will need to replace all my contacts/shock sensors as HKC 10 270 is not compatible with Aritech sensors. Would you agree?

Have about 20 contact/shock sensors around the house and was hoping to save some money by keeping them.

Are they wireless shock sensors and contacts ?

Also are you sure you have the correct name for your existing control panel, the only item i am aware of that was made by aritech with the numbers 9031, is an 8 Zone expander for their CD series panels, like the CD72 and CD 95 etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 trickybicky

The Panel name is CD7203 from the sticker inside the Panel. There is also two additional smaller panels which look like extender units.

The shock sensors and contacts are all wired.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 6,528 ✭✭✭kub

The Panel name is CD7203 from the sticker inside the Panel. There is also two additional smaller panels which look like extender units.

The shock sensors and contacts are all wired.

Thanks

Happy days.

OK you are dealing with someone who does not have what I would regard as basic knowledge.

The CD 72 panel is a wired panel, it was on the market in the 90's when Aritech had a massive market share.

Your existing wired devices are all compatible with the HKC 10/ 270.

Do you have a very big house ? Just the that 72 Panel has 8 zones onboard and each of the Expanders has 8 zones each, giving you a total capacity of 24 zones.

Your Inertia Shock sensors had to have been wired to the main panel as the expanders could not analyse inertia shocks, unless of course there is a bank of analyser cards there somewhere.

Perhaps the age of your existing shock sensors and contacts are a factor here, but any reputable experienced engineer could check them to see how healthy they are.
    I know of plenty of sites that still have such detectors functioning normally 20 odd years later.

Nice to see someone with knowledge here that is't pushing something.

Advertisement