Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

'Must haves' you never used

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭jlm29

I wouldn’t have gone without those big green maternity pads. The ones the size of surfboards :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭kandr10

jlm29 wrote: »
    I wouldn’t have gone without those big green maternity pads. The ones the size of surfboards :D

I actually love them! I find the padding so comfy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭ladystardust

I dont think normal padd would have cut it, even the extra long variety!
    Biggest money suck and useless items for us were the breast pump (never achieved a let down with it so never yielded more than 30 mls) the second breast pump ( just to see), every type of bottle under the sun (she never took one, always turned up her nose) and soothers (also every brand/type just to see if I could find the right one)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 870 ✭✭✭SnowyMuckish

Must be a ‘good, safe, high quality’ pram which translates into way overpriced uppababy. For the use I got out of it it was definitely not worth the price. I wish I went for something cheap and cheerful. But then again everyone is different and I’m sure plenty of others love theirs!

• Moderators Posts: 12,385 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

Must be a ‘good, safe, high quality’ pram which translates into way overpriced uppababy. For the use I got out of it it was definitely not worth the price. I wish I went for something cheap and cheerful. But then again everyone is different and I’m sure plenty of others love theirs!

Both ourselves and our friends guy uppababy vista buggies. Both at the same time. We met up recently and theirs looked almost shop quality. Ours is marked with scuffs and muck on every inch. Constantly in use

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 630 ✭✭✭Minier81

Both ourselves and our friends guy uppababy vista buggies. Both at the same time. We met up recently and theirs looked almost shop quality. Ours is marked with scuffs and muck on every inch. Constantly in use

I think it depends on how much of a walker you are. My pram/buggy did 15km plus every day for the first 12 months, worth every penny!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 870 ✭✭✭SnowyMuckish

Minier81 wrote: »
    I think it depends on how much of a walker you are. My pram/buggy did 15km plus every day for the first 12 months, worth every penny!!

It’s definitely something you need to factor in. Something like the uppababy would suit someone who walks a lot. Mine gathered dust and it was my one regret that I bought it. Lifestyle is a big consideration when choosing one I think, especially something so expensive!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭crisco10

It's mad how different everyone's experience is.

Someone mentioned Ollie the Owl as a waste of space earlier, but for us it was a god send. It did annoy us a little for a night or 2, but little un loved it and we got used to it pretty quickly.

Our biggest wastes:

Muslins - lucky to not have a pukey baby so never used them.
    Disposable Nappies - strange one this I acknowledge. Once past the tiny newborn phase, we moved to cloth nappies 24/7 but still bought a small backup stock of plastic nappies "just in case". Never used them. Sorry, we used them once, and had our one and only poonami, so never again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭jlm29

It’s definitely something you need to factor in. Something like the uppababy would suit someone who walks a lot. Mine gathered dust and it was my one regret that I bought it. Lifestyle is a big consideration when choosing one I think.

I think future plans are important too. I bought a decent buggy even I had my first. It’s not a uppababy, I think it was just before they were available, but after 4 kids it’s still in great nick, and used every day. While I’ve friends who bought cheap, but bought twice. I did have to buy a double when I had two kids closer in age though!

• Advertisement
  • Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Mod ✭✭✭✭Neyite

It’s definitely something you need to factor in. Something like the uppababy would suit someone who walks a lot. Mine gathered dust and it was my one regret that I bought it. Lifestyle is a big consideration when choosing one I think.

After us having to buy a second (expensive) pram due to the baby being colicky and not liking the positioning in the first one, I always tell people to borrow a pram for the first 6 months of the baby's life before forking out on a new one - especially if it's the first baby. You'll quickly find out all the things you hate about prams or want in a pram and won't be down several hundred quid. So I've lent ours out a couple of times until parents can see what does or doesn't suit them pram-wise.

Our first pram was a Baby Jogger but the way the seat lay back for the newborn stage was awful, so we got the Quinny to use with the car seat instead for the first 6 months. After that the baby absolutely loved the Quinny and so did I but it's not a newborn pram despite the claim.

Advertisement