Advertisement
We've partnered up with Nixers.com to offer a space where you can talk directly to Peter from Nixers.com and get an exclusive Boards.ie discount code for a free job listing. If you are recruiting or know anyone else who is please check out the forum here.
If you have a new account but can't post, please email Niamh on [email protected] for help to verify your email address. Thanks :)

FIFA 20 Ultimate Team

1308309311313314318

Comments

  • Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭ cintec


    Completed the mendy objectives and got kessie done without trying which was nice. I don't think it was too bad I think Osimhen was a more difficult card to get.


  • Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭ Hogey007


    Liked the idea when they first announced it, still cool now but it doesn't make sense to me that it's not a player pick SBC, surely the whole point is you're basically betting on who you think is gonna win, having the option to take both kinda defeats that.

    Yeah it really should be a player pick, I think they know a lot will do both and are just trying to saturate us with sbc’s requiring 84’s.

    I honestly have about 3 or 4 times as much 90 rated fodder now as I do 83’s and 84’s.


  • Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭ gotthebug


    Great idea. I'm on Xbox so hopefully someone does the same (I can't organise myself as it is) so I can quickly go 2 down, bravely fight back and lose a last minute goal via either a deflection of a random bounce, to someone on here, instead of a random stranger.

    On xbox too would like to play but won't have the skills to organise it


  • Registered Users Posts: 6,181 ✭✭✭ Calvin


    Came up against a fella, down 2-0 I make it 2-2 with a Mendy goal and assist and he just quits. ffs this objective... 2/10 on assists and 1/4 on goals. So far to go still :pac:


  • Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭ GavK


    gotthebug wrote: »
    On xbox too would like to play but won't have the skills to organise it

    No skill involved, I’m making it up as I go along haha


  • Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 41,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭ Lord TSC


    I'm on 3/4 goals and 2/10 assists, and got the clean sheet done today.

    Had three games in a row where people stayed in games when I was 2 or 3 up, scored a goal and THEN quit. They accepted they were going to quit and lose, but insisted on scoring a goal first to make things harder.

    Anyway, I'm glad I'm at the point now with mendy where I can play my full team around him. Kind of want them to release another player to work towards now :P


  • Registered Users Posts: 4,859 ✭✭✭ Liamalone


    I have no problem doing the do for an Xbox One thingy, format dependant in numbers. Ressurected the relevant thread in the forum there.


  • Registered Users Posts: 17,200 ✭✭✭✭ Blazer


    Liamalone wrote: »
    I have no problem doing the do for an Xbox One thingy, format dependant in numbers. Ressurected the relevant thread in the forum there.

    Would be up for Xbox as well


  • Registered Users Posts: 4,859 ✭✭✭ Liamalone


    Blazer wrote: »
    Would be up for Xbox as well

    Could I please ask You to express interest in the other thread pwease. Ta

    https://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057740293/12/#post113816264

    Any other Xbox folk interested please use and keep chat to the aforementioned thread.


  • Registered Users Posts: 4,859 ✭✭✭ Liamalone


    Just finished 93 Mendy, took a few games, I played him LB just, moved him up top of a few goals up. No more objectives YAY.

    Also, can now gift to objective hunters if they be civil.


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,295 ✭✭✭✭ Osmosis Jones


    Re-installing to play Pro Clubs with friends so could be around if there's a PS tournament.


  • Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭ BrentMused


    Hi all,

    Thanks for all the help and hints/tips so far which has been much appreciated.

    Another week down and some more improvements made to my team as per below:

    752c9457509cad4095dec15530284371.png

    With what I had in my club I managed to be able to get the Perisic SBC done at a cost of around 65,000 so I couldn't pass that up. I play with a Bundesliga team, wingers and like to cut in with them so he's been a dream so far and I couldn't have imagined been able to secure a player that good a few weeks ago.

    Havertz has been my big splash out at just under 70,000 who I'm still trying to used to, and the Miranda is from the Season Objectives.

    I'm under no illusions that starting so late in the day means a lot of the above players are so cheap but it's a far better team than I thought I would be able to put together and I'm really enjoying it so far.

    Any suggestions on improvements I should make next? I really like Delaney so perhaps one of his special cards, or is there anyone better? Maybe Witsel or go for the Summer Heat Kessie which seems very manageable?

    I'm going to give Rivals a bash this week but I'm hitting Elite 1 easily in Squad Battles and pulling 2 Rare Mega Packs and 30,000 coins. Are similar rewards achievable online for someone like myself or am I on a hiding to nothing? :pac:


  • Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭ Boulders8


    BrentMused wrote: »
    Hi all,

    Thanks for all the help and hints/tips so far which has been much appreciated.

    Another week down and some more improvements made to my team as per below:

    752c9457509cad4095dec15530284371.png

    With what I had in my club I managed to be able to get the Perisic SBC done at a cost of around 65,000 so I couldn't pass that up. I play with a Bundesliga team, wingers and like to cut in with them so he's been a dream so far and I couldn't have imagined been able to secure a player that good a few weeks ago.

    Havertz has been my big splash out at just under 70,000 who I'm still trying to used to, and the Miranda is from the Season Objectives.

    I'm under no illusions that starting so late in the day means a lot of the above players are so cheap but it's a far better team than I thought I would be able to put together and I'm really enjoying it so far.

    Any suggestions on improvements I should make next? I really like Delaney so perhaps one of his special cards, or is there anyone better? Maybe Witsel or go for the Summer Heat Kessie which seems very manageable?

    I'm going to give Rivals a bash this week but I'm hitting Elite 1 easily in Squad Battles and pulling 2 Rare Mega Packs and 30,000 coins. Are similar rewards achievable online for someone like myself or am I on a hiding to nothing? :pac:

    Two Bundasliga players are available as SBC’s

    92 LM Moussa Diaby and 92 CAM Jean Paul Boetius

    Diaby needs an 84 squad with 80 chemistry while Boetius is 84 and 75.

    If you have the players and/or cash then definitely do them although admittedly they are in positions where you already have Perisic and Havertz but you could tweak formation ie: play two CAMs and throw your 86 Werner into the SBC.

    Would definitely do Kessie as well. If you’re starting in Division 10 then should be straightforward to do.

    Good luck


  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,164 Mod ✭✭✭✭ Mr Moon


    BrentMused wrote: »
    Hi all,

    Thanks for all the help and hints/tips so far which has been much appreciated.

    Another week down and some more improvements made to my team as per below:

    752c9457509cad4095dec15530284371.png

    With what I had in my club I managed to be able to get the Perisic SBC done at a cost of around 65,000 so I couldn't pass that up. I play with a Bundesliga team, wingers and like to cut in with them so he's been a dream so far and I couldn't have imagined been able to secure a player that good a few weeks ago.

    Havertz has been my big splash out at just under 70,000 who I'm still trying to used to, and the Miranda is from the Season Objectives.

    I'm under no illusions that starting so late in the day means a lot of the above players are so cheap but it's a far better team than I thought I would be able to put together and I'm really enjoying it so far.

    Any suggestions on improvements I should make next? I really like Delaney so perhaps one of his special cards, or is there anyone better? Maybe Witsel or go for the Summer Heat Kessie which seems very manageable?

    I'm going to give Rivals a bash this week but I'm hitting Elite 1 easily in Squad Battles and pulling 2 Rare Mega Packs and 30,000 coins. Are similar rewards achievable online for someone like myself or am I on a hiding to nothing? :pac:

    That team is shaping up nicely, I would do whatever you can to get Mendy in that team, even off chem he is going to be way better than Miranda.

    If you have the funds, go get Diaby's summer heat card (89k), push Perisic up top instead of Lewa and play him on 7 chem as a LF, Mendy gets full chem and Diaby more than likely will be a 95 rated by Sunday. You could either sell Lewa or use him in the Diaby SBC.

    Delaney's headliners card is supposed to be class (27k) if you're going down that route.


  • Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭ seamie78


    i think the idea of a boards mini tournament is a great idea but possibly too late in the season for it as people are getting bored at this stage, definitely one to bear in mind for next season I think


  • Registered Users Posts: 17,200 ✭✭✭✭ Blazer


    seamie78 wrote: »
    i think the idea of a boards mini tournament is a great idea but possibly too late in the season for it as people are getting bored at this stage, definitely one to bear in mind for next season I think

    Problem is everyone is too involved in weekend league and you’re just burnt out from it.
    Now a lot of people will be just casually playing and not as strapped for time :)


  • Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭ GavK


    4 of us entered so we’re doing a league with 1 game a night and top 2 in the final, bottom 2 in the 3rd place playoff.


  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 41,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭ Lord TSC


    Decided to buy three of those 45k prime player packs with coins. Cause I’ve 1.2m and nothing better to do. Best pull from first pack was Rooney, bloody hell. Packed Shapeshifter Ricardo from the second. Munir from the third.

    Decided to buy a single pack with real money, out of curiosity. Brown Arias. So no better luck for the few quick.

    Bloody hell, I don’t mind “wasting” the coins cause I’m getting no satisfaction from having 1.2m in the bank, but for 135k investment and a few quid, that’s an awful return. You’d think they’d try to give me at least one useable card...


  • Registered Users Posts: 6,181 ✭✭✭ Calvin


    Party bag SBC coming, lads... don’t get sucked in :pac:

    https://twitter.com/futwatch/status/1275417262208532489?s=21


  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,164 Mod ✭✭✭✭ Mr Moon


    Party bag SBC coming, lads... don’t get sucked in :pac:

    https://twitter.com/futwatch/status/1275417262208532489?s=21

    Unless it's an 83 I won't be doing it.... but then again, I'm addicted to these.....


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭ Hogey007


    Mr Moon wrote: »
    Unless it's an 83 I won't be doing it.... but then again, I'm addicted to these.....

    Haha I can 100% see this being an 84 team with 70 chem at least, they just seem to be bombarding us with 84’s

    But with the 82-88 sbc there it’s very easy craft these for anyone short of coins.


  • Registered Users Posts: 17,200 ✭✭✭✭ Blazer


    I got 2 of that 90 rated Connebol keeper this morning. I must have gotten them from packs last week and never noticed it was his base card by mistake.
    Nice :)


  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,164 Mod ✭✭✭✭ Mr Moon


    Hogey007 wrote: »
    Haha I can 100% see this being an 84 team with 70 chem at least, they just seem to be bombarding us with 84’s

    But with the 82-88 sbc there it’s very easy craft these for anyone short of coins.

    I've done about 10 of them and keep getting 82's.


  • Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭ Boulders8


    Mr Moon wrote: »
    I've done about 10 of them and keep getting 82's.

    I’ve got 8 to open and 1 of the two 81+ to open but the return rate isn’t great on the ones I have done. Got a fair few more to do though as got a lot of packs to open so anything duplicate or low rated will go into them


  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 41,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭ Lord TSC


    Gonna see what happens at six, but think I'll plough that useless Prime Shearer into the Icon SBC again. With SBC Dembele and a few other untradeables I've got doing league and upgrade SBCs, I reckon I can do it for about 30k.


  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 41,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭ Lord TSC


    Moments Rashford.

    Cool, have the Red Rashford from TOTS so easy enough skip.


  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,164 Mod ✭✭✭✭ Mr Moon


    Rashford :D


  • Registered Users Posts: 6,181 ✭✭✭ Calvin


    Summer Heat Firmino please, I beg you.


  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 41,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭ Lord TSC


    Del Piero from the Icon SBC.

    Not bad, not amazing.


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭ Hogey007


    Mr Moon wrote: »
    I've done about 10 of them and keep getting 82's.

    Really? Almost every second one I’ve done is a board or walkout, got shapeshifter alaba, shapeshifter mbabu, IF patrico, 87 alderweireld and a good few 84’s

    The 81+ Double upgrade on the other hand has been atrocious for me, think I got 1 83 and the rest no higher than 82 from 10 or so attempts


This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement