Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Postgraduate Certificate Data Science DIT

• 26-05-2019 5:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,296 ✭✭✭

Hi there, has anyone done this course in DIT? I was thinking of applying and I'll email them for some details, but I was hoping to find someone who has completed it already, or is thinking about doing it. I was wondering how many days per week the classes would be, or what kind of hours it would demand (aside from personal study time)
    About this course
    The Postgraduate Certificate in Data Science is a one-year part time programme which aims to provide science, engineering and computing graduates an opportunity to upskill in the developing area of data science and machine learning.

Objectives
    The primary objectives of the Postgraduate Certificate in Data Science are to:
    -Impart an awareness of the principles and knowledge of data science to students who have a solid academic background in computer science or other related discipline.
    -Equip students with knowledge of technical skills, tools and techniques of data science.
    -Expose students to leading-edge skills, tools, methodologies and technologies needed for an entry level position in data science within industry.

https://springboardcourses.ie/details/7205

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭Nelbert

I completed the Diploma in NCI recently. Course content looks to have taken in a lot of the feedback on the course (looks much better content wise) for the next batch. On springboard too.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Jimmy 3 times

CPTM wrote: »
    Hi there, has anyone done this course in DIT? I was thinking of applying and I'll email them for some details, but I was hoping to find someone who has completed it already, or is thinking about doing it. I was wondering how many days per week the classes would be, or what kind of hours it would demand (aside from personal study time)

https://springboardcourses.ie/details/7205

Hi,
    I was just wondering did you do this course in the end? I'm thinking of applying this year myself. I was wondering the same thing in relation to days per week etc. as I'm currently working full time and have family commitments.

Any info at all would be appreciated. thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,406 ✭✭✭tritium

Hi,
    I was just wondering did you do this course in the end? I'm thinking of applying this year myself. I was wondering the same thing in relation to days per week etc. as I'm currently working full time and have family commitments.

Any info at all would be appreciated. thanks!

Just wondering on this too. Anyone in a position to compare the DIT (TU) and NCI courses in terms of quality, time committment etc (I know the awards are a bit different)

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Beebe

Nelbert wrote: »
    I completed the Diploma in NCI recently. Course content looks to have taken in a lot of the feedback on the course (looks much better content wise) for the next batch. On springboard too.
    Hi, I’m thinking of doing the part time diploma in NCI. I’m just wondering how did you find the course? What were most students backgrounds? I’m from a science background with some experience of data analysis.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,406 ✭✭✭tritium

Beebe wrote: »
    Hi, I’m thinking of doing the part time diploma in NCI. I’m just wondering how did you find the course? What were most students backgrounds? I’m from a science background with some experience of data analysis.

Currently doing the postgrad dip. A fairly good mix of backgrounds, a lot of science and it folks. Quite a decent proportion of the class are relatively new to the statistics side of things. The mix is very helpful tbh, folks are pretty friendly and happy to chip in

• Advertisement
Advertisement