Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Name item

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭ethernet

I'm no sparks but that's rated at 40A (type C). The early Rolec chargers had crappy MCBs - check the EV forum for more reports of this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭rob w

karltimber wrote: »
    Hi
    Picture is of my electric car charger item.
    Need to see if local electrical store has one.

There is power going to it but will not reset.
    What is this item please
    Thx
    K

Found it herehttps://evonestop.co.uk/products/40amp-30ma-1p-n-2mod-type-a-dc-sensitive-6ka-rcbo

A standard 32a rcbo do the trick ?

That is a 40A RCBO. The reason it won't reset is likely because there is a fault on the circuit - if that is the case then it is working exactly as it should. Replacing it with a new RCBO may not fix the problem and the fault would need to be rectified.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,532 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

+1

Incidentally the cables feeding that device look like they are far too small be be protected by it as the RCBO is rated at 40A and the cable looks to be 4 mm sq. at most.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,284 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

Yeah it’s a 40amp rcbo c type. it’s rare the issue with things is a faulty breaker.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭Felexicon

In my experience of Rolec EV chargers it's usually an issue with the contactor going faulty rather than the RCBO

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 1,919 Mod ✭✭✭✭karltimber

update:

my ev hyundai had an issue when this went last week.
    a charging port actuator had to be replaced, to let the car charge again

repalced that rcbo and all is good again.
    not sure what caused the rcbo to go, faulty or car issued damaged it, but fixed now.

thx

Advertisement