Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Spare links for a watch

Options
  • 18-06-2020 12:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭

Hi guys. Just wondering if ur might be able to help me.

Was given a second hand watch by a friend who was clearing out a few bits and it’s too small for me. It’s a tommy H watch metal links. Would ye know of anyplace that I could order spare links. I can find a replacement strap for it but it’s expensive especially when I only need one or two links

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,110 ✭✭✭Thirdfox

I said it'd be pretty hard to find anything to be honest - for these you're probably relying on someone selling this on ebay or something to pick up spare links - unless it uses generic links?

Straps might not be necessarily expensive though -a good leather strap can be had for around 20-30 euro. You could even get an ok bracelet from China for around 20-30 euro too.

One alternative would be to change the clasp on the existing bracelet - for example when I put on this clasp I had to take off 2 links since the clasp itself was so long. But this clasp costs around €60 retail so that's no help I think to you...

https://www.strapcode.com/products/parts-nt-clasp-017b?variant=8399957000247

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭adam88

Thirdfox wrote: »
    I said it'd be pretty hard to find anything to be honest - for these you're probably relying on someone selling this on ebay or something to pick up spare links - unless it uses generic links?

Straps might not be necessarily expensive though -a good leather strap can be had for around 20-30 euro. You could even get an ok bracelet from China for around 20-30 euro too.

One alternative would be to change the clasp on the existing bracelet - for example when I put on this clasp I had to take off 2 links since the clasp itself was so long. But this clasp costs around €60 retail so that's no help I think to you...

https://www.strapcode.com/products/parts-nt-clasp-017b?variant=8399957000247

I’ll try my usual jeweller tomorrow. It’s just a tommy watch. He might be able to sort something. It be a shame to let it in the drawer

I would contact the manufacturer and/or check spare parts stores like Esslinger
    https://www.esslinger.com/watch-parts/

If you can find the part # for the bracelet it might help with google and ebay searches.

But to be honest I would not be too hopeful. Fashion brands like Tommy Hilfiger make hundreds of different designs and rarely keep them around for long.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,110 ✭✭✭Thirdfox

...Actually - depending on how much you want it - if you go onto alibaba.com and post up a RFQ (request for quotation) showing you the link that you want - you might be able to find a supplier who can located it from a catalogue (if it's a generic link) and sell one to you - it'd be almost as a favour to you though since these suppliers usually deal with volumes in the hundreds/thousands.

In all likelihood one of the factories in Guangdong made those Tommy Hilfiger links so they may have it in stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 64,762 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Thirdfox wrote: »
    ...Actually - depending on how much you want it - if you go onto alibaba.com and post up a RFQ (request for quotation) showing you the link that you want - you might be able to find a supplier who can located it from a catalogue

You might. It's possible. What is certain if you go that route is that you get between 4 and 5 million spam emails from all sorts of Chinese companies in the next few months though if you go that route :pac:

• Advertisement
Advertisement