Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

What sea Kayak to buy? - budget 3 - 500 approx

Options
  • 18-06-2020 3:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭

1-2 people. Ability to move seat to middle important so.

Something with a resale value in case I don’t fully take to the sport, but it’s likely I will

I have a few hours of Canoeing experience and can swim well.

Open to inflatable

I’m clue less what to buy ....

Any help appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭tphase

Join a club, do some training courses and try out as many different boats as you can.
    Double your budget.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭worded

tphase wrote: »
    Join a club, do some training courses and try out as many different boats as you can.
    Double your budget.

Thanks for the advise

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭pullandbang

worded wrote: »
    1-2 people. Ability to move seat to middle important so.

I'd assume you're going to need a Sit On Top rather than Sit In (though I'm open to correction).
    Have a look at Darrens Kayaks in Cork. He has a huge range and you get to try them at sea. Linky - https://www.darrenskayaks.com/index.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭tritriagain

I'd assume you're going to need a Sit On Top rather than Sit In (though I'm open to correction).
    Have a look at Darrens Kayaks in Cork. He has a huge range and you get to try them at sea. Linky - https://www.darrenskayaks.com/index.html

Not an expert by any means but I have a 16ft sea kayak and a sit on top Bic kayak. Depending on what you want it for. When I bring my daughter with me I give her the sea kayak and I can't keep up with her and I'm a powerful lad. If you want to mess around in a bay a sit on is more suited imo. If you want to explore along the coast and further a sea kayak is ideal. I paid 900 for mine over 10 years ago but they last forever so money well spent.

Advertisement