Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWE and Coronavirus news

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,929 ✭✭✭Monokne

It is astonishing that as rich as that company are, they have not been testing all their talent for COVID and this has had to happen to force them to do so. Such a low rent, low class company.

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Remember when the flight back from Saudi Arabia was delayed last year over a technical issue ? Yeah, shock horror according to court documents in a lawsuit there was no technical issue, the delay was caused by the Saudis holding the plane because of money.

But Vince left on his private jet...he wouldn't leave his talent behind in a hostage situation...would he?:eek: Had always thought he was a decent sort.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,346 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Monokne wrote: »
    It is astonishing that as rich as that company are, they have not been testing all their talent for COVID and this has had to happen to force them to do so. Such a low rent, low class company.

Florida is such a **** show overall. It's heartbreaking to watch.

I'm only shocked it took this long to actually find someone who tested positive.

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭weareallmarks

Can we stop saying 'reports say' as if lads are journos on the beat.........

It is 'I read it online first'

As for covid, wwe are scumbags,. Watching them supports scumbag behaviour

Bryan Alvarez: On top of nobody finding out about the COVID failure until it hit social media, I was told by multiple sources that WWE would not allow anyone in the crowd at the RAW taping Monday to wear masks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Bryan Alvarez: On top of nobody finding out about the COVID failure until it hit social media, I was told by multiple sources that WWE would not allow anyone in the crowd at the RAW taping Monday to wear masks.

They SELL the f*cking things but they won't let people wear them? Jesus wept!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,143 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Very surprising that no-one until now contracted it. Given the nature and size of WWE.

They SELL the f*cking things but they won't let people wear them? Jesus wept!

Don't underestimate how many people in America are acting like wearing masks is an afront to their personal freedoms. They WANT to believe it's all an over-reaction to a liberal hoax (while at the same time believing it's a 5G bio-weapon unleashed by the Chinese), and that anyone wearing a mask is making that difficult for them.

I'd imagine WWE (especially given their ties to the Republican party, via Linda) don't want to alienate half their audience (being honest, probably a good bit more than half too).

• Registered Users Posts: 7,711 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Very surprising that no-one until now contracted it. Given the nature and size of WWE.

Well this could just the first positive test, people could have had it before this and not known

Considering the in ring talent would generally be healthy people you'd imagine a lot of them would have little to no symptoms from it and never even know they had it

It's likely several have had it asymptomatically.

Multiple bundesliga and premier league stars tested positive showing no symptoms. That's why WWE's temperature check is so f*cking useless.

They legitimately do not care about the health and well being of their performers. This is a dirty business run by bad human beings.

• Advertisement

Splitting this off, cause I have a feeling there'll be more discussion about it.

Tuesdays tapings cancelled anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,366 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Well given the spike in cases in Florida this is hardly a shock. I mean WWE is all about the brand so you'd think that they'd have done all they could to try and be seen as a leader in the coronavirus crisis but then you realise vince McMahon calls the shots.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

One things for sure. Sami Zayn and Roman Reigns were right to stay the **** away during all this.

Going off what I've read so far, can't this damned company do anything right?

But then again given the McMahon's political affiliation, I shouldn't really be surprised they'd be so careless.

https://twitter.com/SeanRossSapp/status/1272884118104268800

Sean Ross Sapp : "The things emerging from this taping are unsettling. Most of the roster has never been tested once"

Responding to a since deleted tweet...

"Louis Dangoor : "I've done some digging following last night's positive COVID-19 test, and the more I found out, the worse this looks for WWE. I hate making comparisons, but WWE should have been properly testing people for the virus from the very beginning.""

The fact masks are banned for the crowd genuinely astonishes me. Can you imagine the Premier League BANNING players and staff from wearing masks? And not testing ANYONE? What reason is there not to test anyone? Seriously? What reason?

This is one of the most astounding derelictions of duty I have ever heard by any business. It is as though Vince actively wants people to get sick - I am sure that isn't it - but if he wanted to, this is how he would go about it.

They just very simply do not care about anyone's health or wellbeing. Money is the only thing that matters to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Honestly I’d say Vince think the whole virus is an overreaction like a lot of people sadly and therefore does not think testing is necessary and unlike Dana white doesn’t have to answer to commissions

Jon Alba: "The fans I spoke to told me they never felt pressured by #WWE not to wear a mask for TV purposes or any other reason. They confirmed temperature checks, and signed waivers as well. One noted they were in a group that had masks on them, and chose not to wear when taping started."

WWE issue a statement on the accusation....

https://i.redd.it/hpqkh5e98b551.png

A reminder that the Street Profits literally danced through the crowd high fiving people....

• Registered Users Posts: 23,084 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

So Alvarez talking bollocks again.

J. Marston wrote: »
    So Alvarez talking bollocks again.

Depends.

Reading WWE's statement, it reads less like the said "No masks" and more like "If ye stand six feet back, you don't need masks, so don't worry about wearing them."

Depending on how that information is presented to the fans in attendance, maybe they felt it wasn't a request.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Wwe saying they were friends and family at the show and not die hard fans

I think be it the reporters or the companies there’s a lot of bullsh**t from both

https://wrestlingnews.co/wwe-news/wwe-dismisses-reports-of-fans-attending-mondays-tv-taping/

• Advertisement

sky88 wrote: »
    Honestly I’d say Vince think the whole virus is an overreaction like a lot of people sadly and therefore does not think testing is necessary and unlike Dana white doesn’t have to answer to commissions

It is so befuddling to me that people STILL don't want to just accept what WWE & Vince are. :eek:

Today WWE is testing it's talent for COVID for the first time. Meanwhile, in the rest of the world:
    Eap5z_8XkAESC2X?format=png&name=900x900

• Registered Users Posts: 11,143 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Monokne wrote: »
    It's likely several have had it asymptomatically.

Multiple bundesliga and premier league stars tested positive showing no symptoms. That's why WWE's temperature check is so f*cking useless.

They legitimately do not care about the health and well being of their performers. This is a dirty business run by bad human beings.

WWE really are zookeepers. That their performers are nothing more than chimps. Didn't Bret say the same in wrestling with shadows.

Tonight’s Smackdown takings are cancelled though Raw seems to be going ahead. Seems to be delay in getting some of the SD tests back.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,184 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

So were the WWE penny pinching by not testing?

AEW tested everyone they only let in those that had passed the test and gave them yellow wrist bands to wear so if you didn't have the yellow wrist band on you didn't get in.

It isn't perfect by any means however it's a lot better than not testing which the WWE had been doing.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,084 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

KO has pulled out of further tapings due to the developmental talent testing positive. Wonder if others will? If I was Seth I'd be staying at home until further notice with a baby on the way.

J. Marston wrote: »
    KO has pulled out of further tapings due to the developmental talent testing positive. Wonder if others will? If I was Seth I'd be staying at home until further notice with a baby on the way.

To at all surprised by Owens. I think Daniel Bryan has said he'd be taking time off when Brie has their second child soon enough. I wonder will that change now ? WWE are missing Roman reigns(who seems particularly clairvoyant now), Ronda, brock, Becky, and Seth will most likely be gone sooner than later.

Honestly how does everything in America divide along political lines ? Even if WWE think the whole testing is rubbish, why wouldn't they still do it ? The company is pure mad for the good PR so test people.

Meltzer is saying a member of Owens wife's family died from Covid in the last few weeks so no one with a sane mind can blame him for staying away and thinking of his family first.

Meltzer is saying a member of Owens wife's family died from Covid in the last few weeks so no one with a sane mind can blame him for staying away and thinking of his family first.

Yeah his wife's grandfather died.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 84,330 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

sky88 wrote: »

What age is Vince, he should be cocooning

Advertisement