Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LSE GBX

Options
  • 16-06-2020 3:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

I seem to be unable to buy shares on the LSE. No matter what I enter I'm told I've exceeded my limit. I understand GBX shares are shown in pennies but still unable. I'm sure I'm missing something very simple so any help appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭Kilboor

rock1234 wrote: »
    I seem to be unable to buy shares on the LSE. No matter what I enter I'm told I've exceeded my limit. I understand GBX shares are shown in pennies but still unable. I'm sure I'm missing something very simple so any help appreciated

What broker are you using? Be sure that you're taking currency difference into account as well as margin limits.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 rock1234

Kilboor wrote: »
    What broker are you using? Be sure that you're taking currency difference into account as well as margin limits.

Degiro. Currency difference doesn't seem to account for it

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭Orobhsa

when you enter the security you see its details including latest gbx price

let's say you are entering a buy limit order.

Enter your limit price in gbx
    enter the quantity
    the amount field gets populates based on quantity * gbx (before commission)
    Amount will be in €

Commission has to be added to this to give total trade cost.

if you click place trade and get message that the order exceeds your spending limit then you've probably not enough cash to pay commission.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭bfa1509

Orobhsa wrote: »
    when you enter the security you see its details including latest gbx price

let's say you are entering a buy limit order.

Enter your limit price in gbx
    enter the quantity
    the amount field gets populates based on quantity * gbx (before commission)
    Amount will be in €

Commission has to be added to this to give total trade cost.

if you click place trade and get message that the order exceeds your spending limit then you've probably not enough cash to pay commission.
    I don't know, I've gotten the same error as the OP a few times before and I had plenty of funds. I wasn't interested enough in the share to endeavor to figure out the issue (probably better off).

Advertisement