Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pokemon Go Mark III

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,088 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Latias Latios raids this weekend could do with the candy with all these repeats and crappy CD Mon they better have something good cooked up for the July Safari event

• Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

Latias Latios raids this weekend could do with the candy with all these repeats

Have they said if they appear alongside reshiram or are they completely taking over ?

I'd be hopeful it's side by side this event is on from 8am Friday to 10pm Monday local time Reshiram leaves 9pm Tuesday so it'd be frustrating if it gets bumped for these two especially since they've been available in multiple cases for ages.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,572 Mod ✭✭✭✭Canard

I understood it to be that they were going to take over considering there's two of them... but guess we'll see! I'd rather Reshiram vanish for it, he's had his time for now :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,646 ✭✭✭✭josip

Canard wrote: »
    I understood it to be that they were going to take over considering there's two of them... but guess we'll see! I'd rather Reshiram vanish for it, he's had his time for now :pac:

jWtzFkc.png

Did you just assume my gender ?!

• Advertisement

Get the fuq out we have enough of this everywhere else now if you don't I'll put a curse on you so all your shinies will be 2* and no lucky trades :)

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,729 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

Latias Latios raids this weekend could do with the candy with all these repeats and crappy CD Mon they better have something good cooked up for the July Safari event

So I've only done 3 Reshiram. Only caught 1 (over 2 accounts) so need to do more.
    I'm actually gonna be in city centre on Sunday so hoping to be able to get 4-5 done then.
    Latios/Latias appearing messes up my opportunities for Reshiram.

Regarding "July safari event" I'm guessing it will be worthwhile as it's replacing GoFest. It's gonna be some money maker for Niantic.
    GoFest ticket was $40 last year. They got 20K per day attending.

596 caught/599 seen

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I had planned on going to the European Go Fest, so I'll more than likely do the at home one.

Tenger wrote: »
    So I've only done 3 Reshiram. Only caught 1 (over 2 accounts) so need to do more.
    I'm actually gonna be in city centre on Sunday so hoping to be able to get 4-5 done then.
    Latios/Latias appearing messes up my opportunities for Reshiram.

Regarding "July safari event" I'm guessing it will be worthwhile as it's replacing GoFest. It's gonna be some money maker for Niantic.
    GoFest ticket was $40 last year. They got 20K per day attending.

596 caught/599 seen

If it's not the thunderdome on Sunday I'll probably be in Stephens Green for raids maybe a few of us can do a social distancing meetup Stephens Green would be best as it's got loads of gyms so a good spot to raid.

I'm betting this July event is paid ticket as it's two days but any ticket holder can do both where as Go Fest or Safari zones were usually one day entry only. I really hope this is a cheap ticket event and not €40 or higher but even if it is I'll probably end up doing it, dreading how well the servers will handle if it's an open 48 hour event.

• Advertisement

I'm betting this July event is paid ticket as it's two days but any ticket holder can do both where as Go Fest or Safari zones were usually one day entry only. I really hope this is a cheap ticket event and not €40 or higher but even if it is I'll probably end up doing it, dreading how well the servers will handle if it's an open 48 hour event.
    Servers could be the issue.
    Best to handle it like recent Community Days,
    11am-5pm in each timezone.

I'm guessing a price tag of €10?
    Would make it accessible but not exorbitant.
    I knew the $40 last year would net me lots of rare mons, rare candy, shinies, special research, Pachirisu(49!) and the physical park experience.

Chicago was 3 days with 20K each day, 40x 60K = $2.4M.
    With a worldwide event they will easily get 10 times that. 600K at $\€10 is 6 million.

Global paid events are a business no brainer in my opinion.

P. S. Unfortunately it won't be Dublin City centre on Sunday.

• Moderators Posts: 3,554 ✭✭✭Wise Old Elf

Tenger wrote: »

596 caught/599 seen

I'm interested as to what you're missing, I'm currently on 586/599, missing Torkoal, Chatot, Pachirisu, Azelf, Uxie, Dialga, the evolved green monkey (just blagged Pansage from someone the last few days), Throh, Sigilyph, Heatmor, Rufflet (and evolved) and Axew (and evolutions).

Also haven't evolved to Obstagoon because both my galarian zigzagoons are rubbish, will hopefully do a like for like lucky trade.

I reckon I'd go for the worldwide go fest ticket if it's €10 or thereabouts, I've 2 kids playing as well so €40 x 3 not happening :pac:

I'm interested as to what you're missing, I'm currently on 586/599.......
    I'm lucky enough to travel to the USA for work quite regularly so managed to get the corresponding regional quite easily.
    I've hit "full dex" I think 3 times now, with new releases about a week or two afterwards.

MISSING:
    Axew and its evolutions—Have a trade promised.
    Rufflet and Braviary— PvP holds no interest for me. I'm **** at it to boot!! Need to set up a trade.
    Reshiram- Only done 2 raids on main account. Hence my need to do multiple raids this weekend. Alt has one, I could trade if desperate.
    Maractus--Saw a single shadow when I was in Miami back in Jan/Feb.

Traded in order to get these;
    Torkoal- Dublin girl got it in Thailand. My very 1st trade. Organised thru Facebook group.

Relicanth- organised a trade 2 years ago with a NZ guy, met him in US. He got Mr. Mime.

Tropius- Polish guy in local group caught them in the Canaries. He got a legacy move pokemon.

Uxie- had a trade set up for GoFest last year with a Japanese guy. He got the Euro one from me.

Pansage- met a guy in US who had one. He got Pansear from me.

Sigygilf- Dublin guy caught it in Greece. (same guy gonna trade me Axew) He got a shiny.

Pachirisu-- Alt account caught lots at GoFest and traded to my main. (place was crazy, using 2 phones would gave been hard work)

• Moderators Posts: 3,554 ✭✭✭Wise Old Elf

:)

The ones I got from trades (Kanto ones I got from eggs last year)
    Relicanth: A few people here had been planning to go to Liverpool this year so got one from them. Same lad gave me the blue monkey from USA. Tropius, mate in work got it on her holidays in the Canaries.
    Carnivine, I think I got that from one of the players here who was in Dortmund last year.
    I too am crap at PVP but I'm hopeful of a bit of luck. Will never make rank 8. Axew, just having worse than Gible levels of hatches of him!

Axew for Pachirisu can't remember what account I have axew on I can post as soon as I know

I also had myself convinced that I was shyte at PvP.
    But then I read I could get a cute Rufflet at Level 8.
    So now, armed with
    • all the information from the internet,
    • a paper cheat sheet of counters for the 30 most common mons,
    • and a 10 year old for the less common mons
    I'm up to an 1880 1914 rating and still have my dream

Axew is on my 0wenXIII account friend code is

2010 0619 3421

Fairy type and obscure dragon type do the biz in Ultra League

• Registered Users Posts: 23,744 ✭✭✭✭phog

Any tips on how to improve my rating in Wayfarer - I'm in the red and not really moving towards the amber.

phog wrote: »
    Any tips on how to improve my rating in Wayfarer - I'm in the red and not really moving towards the amber.

Ignore it, there's very little you can do.
    Most of us who were green up to the 20th-25th of April are now in red also. That was when they changed the algorithm and since then submissions take way longer because they ended up nerfing everyone's rating.
    Reviews from Red Ratings count way less than Green Ratings.
    They will probably at some stage try to retune the algorithm, and in the process break something else.

Just for comparison, here are my agreement stats.
    My Accepted and Duplicated are fairly normal I believe, my Rejections might be lower than average, but they were the same when i was in green.

rJDXcGE.png

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Yeah, I've seen a lot of people saying their ratings tanked over the last couple of months, the whole thing is a bit fecked.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,265 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

josip wrote: »
    Ignore it, there's very little you can do.
    Most of us who were green up to the 20th-25th of April are now in red also. That was when they changed the algorithm and since then submissions take way longer because they ended up nerfing everyone's rating.
    Reviews from Red Ratings count way less than Green Ratings.
    They will probably at some stage try to retune the algorithm, and in the process break something else.
    Well there's a bit of nuance required here; all of this is speculation because Niantic is as free with information as the Catholic church are about pedophiles basically. There been multiple changes but what it boils down to is previously your score was based only on what had finished voting. If you had were aligned with what ever direction (reject or approve) you got points and if you were not you lost some points. Anything in voting was in limbo basically. What they then changed for unknown reason was to count anything that is under voting, but not finished, as part of the disagreement pile. Hence suddenly if you review 200 stops you suddenly got 200 disagreements until those votes resolved themselves which quickly drove you into the reds as it measures on your latest reviews (total number unknown). If you then waited out those 200 reviews you'd swing back into the green again.

Really stupid system but this is Niantic; chances of them acting on it before 2021 is low simply because they then took the second approach to resolving it which is throw more bodies at it. Hence they dropped the review requirements from 40 to 39 / 11 and then 38 / 10 and dangled a medal for it. That way they get more bodies into the system to review and the "problem" of the veteran reviewers not bothering goes away for a while. The problem with that of course is not only is the quality of reviews dropping like a stone (the stuff I've got approved because of this...) but it's a short term fix to a long term problem.
    Just for comparison, here are my agreement stats.
    My Accepted and Duplicated are fairly normal I believe, my Rejections might be lower than average, but they were the same when i was in green.

rJDXcGE.png
    Sorry to be the bringer of bad news but first of all your rejection rate is way to low; normal rejection rate is around 40 to 50% on a global scale (and that's with new reviewers; once the new people drops out rejection rate goes up a lot higher esp. as people get pissed of about their sofa stops being rejected etc.). Secondly your total approved/rejected/duplicate vs. review rate is at 44% which is once again very much on the lower end of green. This may be partially skewed if you've done a lot of recent reviews however as your at only 2.1k reviews. As a reference I'm sitting at 14.5k reviews with 63% agreement rate and I'm probably middle of the pack; some reviewers are in the 80s on alignment.

Nody wrote: »
    Sorry to be the bringer of bad news but first of all your rejection rate is way to low; normal rejection rate is around 40 to 50% on a global scale (and that's with new reviewers; once the new people drops out rejection rate goes up a lot higher esp. as people get pissed of about their sofa stops being rejected etc.). Secondly your total approved/rejected/duplicate vs. review rate is at 44% which is once again very much on the lower end of green. This may be partially skewed if you've done a lot of recent reviews however as your at only 2.1k reviews. As a reference I'm sitting at 14.5k reviews with 63% agreement rate and I'm probably middle of the pack; some reviewers are in the 80s on alignment.

You're completely right and it's been said many times before :)
    I don't really care what my percentages or rating colours are.
    I vote on submissions according to what I believe the game should be about.
    So I'll lose percentages because I didn't 5* the 67th pub in Abbeyfeale like everyone else because I don't think playing pokemon is about sitting in a pub spinning the same stop repeatedly.
    And my rejection rate is low because if there isn't a pokestop within a few hundred metres, then I'll 5* the estate entrance stones that everyone else with higher percentages are rejecting.
    I know that as a red, my reviews are next to useless, but I'm not going to change my reviewing beliefs for a better number.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,265 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

josip wrote: »
    You're completely right and it's been said many times before :)
    I don't really care what my percentages or rating colours are.
    I vote on submissions according to what I believe the game should be about.
    So I'll lose percentages because I didn't 5* the 67th pub in Abbeyfeale like everyone else because I don't think playing pokemon is about sitting in a pub spinning the same stop repeatedly.
    And my rejection rate is low because if there isn't a pokestop within a few hundred metres, then I'll 5* the estate entrance stones that everyone else with higher percentages are rejecting.
    I know that as a red, my reviews are next to useless, but I'm not going to change my reviewing beliefs for a better number.
    Your votes as red are not useless; they are only weighted less. The problem is no one knows what's the difference is between a red or a green vote. Is it 1 vs. 1.2 or is it 1 vs 10? From my experimentation it's closer to the first rather than the second but if you're an Ingress player (and only if you're an Ingress player as far as I know) your agreements don't count towards the medal if you're red. Of course as there's no way to see the total votes for something it's a very rough estimation in the first place.

Secondly; voting on something that's not perfect if there's nothing around is normal and you'd not be alone in that. But if that stop is a tree, horses (yes I've got that as a stop a few times) or on private ground etc. then even if it's alone I'd recommend it as a no simply because a stop should at least have some basis for approval.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 sector7Gdrone

Anybody in Meath? 204 days in the "Old Skryne Church" gym (in Skryne obv). I'd love to be released!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭DirtyBollox

Anybody in Meath? 204 days in the "Old Skryne Church" gym (in Skryne obv). I'd love to be released!

What team are you, and can you wait a bit longer? Will be down around that area on the 4th of July to visit people, if you're Valor, you're screwed though...

• Registered Users Posts: 4 sector7Gdrone

Yellow team. Waited this long. Will happily wait another two weeks. If you take the gym, prepare for a long stay yourself.
    One other player joined me 173 days ago, but other than that not a single victory scored against the gym.

I wonder if anyone is stuck in a gym longer...and if so, where?

My longest stint in a gym was a day or two short of 100 I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,744 ✭✭✭✭phog

My longest was 190 days, a guy in Limerick has one in a gym since shortly after the new gym system went live.

On nominations - I have had one of my nominated stops reported to Ingress to have it removed as it doesn't meet the criteria. It's an official Post Box. Incredibly, the people that reported it used a fake picture to get a stop close to their residence, even though there's no utility box where the stop shows it to be.

• Advertisement

Yellow team. Waited this long. Will happily wait another two weeks. If you take the gym, prepare for a long stay yourself.
    One other player joined me 173 days ago, but other than that not a single victory scored against the gym.

I wonder if anyone is stuck in a gym longer...and if so, where?

There are a few up the mountains where we go sking that we always get at least 100 days out of. Very few skiers know about them and the weather often doesn't suit having a phone out. So we usually last until the summer hiking season.

Unless it's a mon that you really need, then I'd be trying to keep it in the gym as long as you can. Anything over 200 days is an impressive stint.

Advertisement