Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GAMSAT and GEM

Options
  • 05-01-2020 7:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi guys,

So I completed the GAMSAT in September 2019 and I am going to do it again in March I am just wondering how will CAO know which result to forward on for the application? Like if I get a better result this March does the better result automatically replace the other?

Also if anyone has any insight into the application process it would be great I am finding it hard to get specific answers from CAO.

Thanks so much!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭RoundPony

I think you are just mixing up the process a bit which is why the CAO isn't helpful.

Acer runs the GAMSAT. They send your highest score to the CAO so the CAO doesn't have any responsibility for ensuring they pick the right score.

You provided your CAO number to Acer when you are signing up for the test (you can do it retrospectively for the Sept sitting because I don't think the CAO is open at that point - I know I definitely put the CAO number in later)

Acer then automatically send only your highest score to the CAO around May/June - so well after both tests are done and the results are out. Therefore the CAO only ever has one score recorded for you and can't mix them up. If you are really worried I am sure you could always send a photocopy of your results to the CAO but I have not heard of anyone ever having an issue. I took it twice and correct score was sent to CAO. You should be fine one you have your CAO number noted in your GAMSAT account.

The Acer website has all the info you need.
    https://gamsat.acer.org/university-admission/admission-to-programmes-ie

• Registered Users Posts: 34 PhoenixD15

I am a bit concerned about this also because I didn't enter a cao number the 1st time I sat GAMSAT and this score ended up being my highest and the one I am now hoping to use. I have posted a print out to cao and entered my cao on subsequent sittings of gamsat (where I failed to beat my initial score) so hopefully that will work it it is a bit worrying! Have any of you also applied for the Mature 5 year programmes?

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭RoundPony

PhoenixD15 wrote: »
    I am a bit concerned about this also because I didn't enter a cao number the 1st time I sat GAMSAT and this score ended up being my highest and the one I am now hoping to use. I have posted a print out to cao and entered my cao on subsequent sittings of gamsat (where I failed to beat my initial score) so hopefully that will work it it is a bit worrying! Have any of you also applied for the Mature 5 year programmes?

You can still add your CAO number to previous results if you log into Acer. I would tend to doubt that they’ll accept just your print off. They put the responsibility for putting the correct CAO number on you. Just log into your acer account and you can add your CAO number to individual test results even if they are previous sittings. Won’t hurt to have sent them a copy but doubt that will be sufficient.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 PhoenixD15

Thank you so much for this, will get onto it this evening...

Advertisement