Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ninja foodi

Options
  • 10-05-2020 7:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭

Hi

I bought a ninja foodi in the setup guide it says to add the silicone ring to the pressure cooker lid. It was already installed. Is this normal and the manual just hasn’t been updated?

Thanks.

R

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

I'd say its perfectly normal, I deal with manuals like this and things can change and take a while for manuals to update, or they just ship them rather than throw a load of them out, esp. as its such a benign change. The ring probably stops it rattling in transit.

Let us know how you find using the machine!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,349 ✭✭✭xckjoo

I got one of these a month or so ago and thought I'd post my opinions on it. So far I'm finding it fantastic! I've used it almost every day for something. I got the large size (Max (?)).

The air fryer works better than I expected. I've only a regular gas oven to compare it to, but I find it cooks things more evenly than the regular oven.

I've never had a pressure cooker before but it's turning out to be very handy. Making pin head oatmeal in it at the moment and regularly do "egg bites" in them for lunch now. I've had the occasional issue with "low water" errors when trying to make curries, etc. but I think that's more to do with me getting used to using a pressure cooker. I just add a bit more water and it's fine. The Sear/Saute feature is handy to reduce the sauce at the end and has decent heat controls for it.

The dehydration function works well too. Made beef jerky in it the last day and turned out great. I thought that part was going to be gimmicky. I'll be looking for other things to dehydrate.
    I haven't tried the Grill and the Bake/Roast function as we have a full sized cooker. I'm also fairly sure that Air Frying is just a fan-assisted oven so that function gets used more.

I haven't tried the Steam or Slow Cook/Yoghurt functions yet.

One of the handiest things about it is being able to just set the run-time and leave it do its thing. Very useful when you've other demands for your attention. The only downside I've found so far is that the extra silicon seals I got off Amazon don't fit it. They look the same to the eye but must be different in dimension somehow. They might be designed for Instant Pots or something. Haven't had the flavors from one meal leach into another yet but it could happen. I guess the size of the thing could be an issue too. We had to reorganise the kitchen slightly to fit it and the steam from pressure cooking, etc. isn't being vented, but we need to redo the kitchen soon anyway :D. The large size can easily feed a family of 3/4 in a pot-based meal, but there's just about enough space for making chips for 3 people in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,615 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Sounds great. Is the airfyer on it attached by a hinge or does it come completely off? From the pics it looks hinged on

I see Instant Pot have their version on sale in the US, the Duo its called. Will probably show up on these shores at some stage this year. I would imagine there'll be lots of others copying the same idea of the Ninja foodi too

• Registered Users Posts: 3,349 ✭✭✭xckjoo

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Sounds great. Is the airfyer on it attached by a hinge or does it come completely off? From the pics it looks hinged on

I see Instant Pot have their version on sale in the US, the Duo its called. Will probably show up on these shores at some stage this year. I would imagine there'll be lots of others copying the same idea of the Ninja foodi too

Ya that lid is attached permanently. It's definitely not as neat looking at the Instant Pot but to be honest I found it less clunky than I expected to when it arrived. It's not the kind of thing you keep in the press until needed though. It has a permanent space in the kitchen now like the microwave and kettle.
    The Duo is already available here I think but the air fryer lid hasn't made the leap to 220V yet. Mealthy already have a UK version of the air fryer lid that's compatible with the Instant Pot if you have one and can't wait. Think I read somewhere that it invalidates the warranty but not sure on that and I dunno how they'd know. I went with the Ninja because you could fit more in it and it was on offer so worked out at nearly the same price. Plus the Duo wasn't shipping and the Ninja was and I was impatient :D

• Registered Users Posts: 19,615 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

yeah both my instant pot and airfryer are permanently on the counter. Im not stuck for space since doing a kitchen renovation thankfully but if one of them were to give up the ghost I would look at a pressure cooker airfryer combo like the Ninja or IP Duo or similar.

Though I do wonder is it awkward in airfrying mode as it is top loading rather than the drawer you have with an airfryer? Would seem that if you wanted to shake chips half way through cooking its a bit more hassle than simply pulling a drawer out and giving it a shake.

• Advertisement
Advertisement