Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Horizon: Forbidden West (Horizon Zero Dawn Sequel) PS5

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,029 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Delighted we'll have a sequel, I adored the first game, so glad it did well and glad to see everyone that said it was going to be another open world chore game were wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,111 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

San Francisco based by the looks of it. Looks incredible.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,680 ✭✭✭El Gato De Negocios

Sweet. I was late to the party with HZD but really liked it, even if it was a bit repetitive.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,268 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Was expecting that or God of War at the end. Was not disappointed

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,834 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Will have to be drastically changed from the first one if I'm going to be interested. Combat was good in the first game but the open world was the same old boring and the writing was dreadful. Aloy was annoying.

But god damn did this game look gorgeous. It's the only game they showed that made my jaw drop.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,499 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Will have to be drastically changed from the first one if I'm going to be interested. Combat was good in the first game but the open world was the same old boring and the writing was dreadful. Aloy was annoying.

But god damn did this game look gorgeous. It's the only game they showed that made my jaw drop.

HZD is a weird one for me.
    Played it 1st time and stopped after 10 hours from boredom.
    Played it 2nd time months later and stopped after 10 hours from boredom, figured it's just not my cuppa.
    Played it a 3rd time (sometime last year) and was bored but pushed on and it just clicked all of a sudden and I loved it. The story was enthralling and really puled me through to the end. Saying that, I agree about the world, found it on the boring side and couldn't connect with any side characters because of the poor writing and acting. I ended up skipping over lots of dialogue which I rarely do.

In the end, I'm really glad I pushed through which sounds like something you shouldn;t have to do to enjoy a game but I ended up loving it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

Drool...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

I really enjoyed the first and probably in the minority but enjoyed the story too!

3fbzl7s53h451.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Brozy

I loved the first game. I was underwhelmed by this trailer but appreciate I'm in the minority. I think I was just expecting something radically different that really showed off the capabilities of the PS5 the way the first game showed off the PS pro but then technically this game is a late current gen title rather than a next gen one so maybe I over-expected.

Think I'm in the same boat as you. The story in the first one was absolute garbage, while I liked the premise, how it was delivered was brutal.

It was a great game though, first time coming across a Thunder Jaw and being completely overpowered still sticks with me.

The trailer was underwhelming. The script and her voice were annoying and it also hinted at underwater traversal. I hate all underwater parts in games. It probably stems from one of the MGS games.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,725 ✭✭✭Greyfox

Brozy wrote: »
    Think I'm in the same boat as you. The story in the first one was absolute garbage, while I liked the premise, how it was delivered was brutal.

It was a great game though, first time coming across a Thunder Jaw and being completely overpowered still sticks with me.

I thought the original had a very good story and looking forward to this sequel.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,827 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Yeah, I was sucked into the original. Played it on the OG PS4 so have yet to play through it (and the DLC) again before 2 is out. I'm wondering if there's a PS5 enhancement for the first one, would be awesome to play through it on the PS5 before the sequel, and would give early adopters something to play.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Brozy

Yeah, I was sucked into the original. Played it on the OG PS4 so have yet to play through it (and the DLC) again before 2 is out. I'm wondering if there's a PS5 enhancement for the first one, would be awesome to play through it on the PS5 before the sequel, and would give early adopters something to play.

Why would there be an enhancement for the first one on the PS5? Does it need enhancement? Are you talking about backwards compatibility? Don't think they need to waste resources doing this. Early adopters most likely have already played it.

Brozy wrote: »
    Why would there be an enhancement for the first one on the PS5? Does it need enhancement? Are you talking about backwards compatibility? Don't think they need to waste resources doing this. Early adopters most likely have already played it.

Why not? Some people may not have a PS4 but intend on getting a PS5. Being able to play the first one would be good. Pretty sure the PS5 will play the PS4 version, but would be nice to get a visual and/or performance upgrade to utilise the new hardware, like all the games that got a bump from standard to Pro. Not asking for a complete remaster. And while it looks stunning on the PS4 Pro, I'd imagine they could make it look even better on the PS5.

Just a thought. One can hope. Not bothered either way, just would be nice to play through it again with improvements. Or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,898 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

The environments were eye-meltingly gorgeous on PS4, I remember spending time just wandering about looking for good photo mode spots.

I can't even imagine how stunning it look on PS5.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭Optimalprimerib

Retr0gamer wrote: »

Agreed, I could not take to the first game at all. I am fatigued with open world games.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

Agreed, I could not take to the first game at all. I am fatigued with open world games.

It was quite linear for open world games and the map wasn't loaded with ? .

https://twitter.com/PlayStation/status/1397175881022558208?s=19

During this State of Play, we will debut the Horizon Forbidden West gameplay reveal! In this 20-minute exclusive segment, you’ll be seeing about 14 minutes of brand new in-game action featuring our heroic protagonist Aloy, all captured directly on PlayStation 5.

https://blog.playstation.com/2021/05/25/discover-the-forbidden-west-in-our-next-state-of-play/

• Advertisement

HZD on the PS4 was beautiful. Can't even imagine how good HZD2 will look on a PS5.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Will probably break out the PS4 from storage once this comes out. Liked the story of the first one but wasn't mad about the gameplay. Felt it was a bit samey but hopefully they change things up a bit for the sequel.

I wonder if there'll be a release date, as I fully intend to replay the first one on the 5, and I haven't yet played the Frozen Wilds DLC. Should be interesting! If that's taking up 20 min though, doesn't leave much room for other things if it's as short as it usually is.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,268 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Cannot wait for this, HZD was the first game i played when i bought my first Playstation in years.

Game looks gorgeous

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭tobothehobo

Looks great. I really liked the first one so definitely getting excited for this.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

That looked amazing.

Surprised there was no date shown, or even a window. Makes me less confident it'll be out this year. Maybe Sony are saving the release date til a possible Playstation showcase after E3, or maybe Guerilla simply aren't sure yet.

Either way I'm looking forward to it, if they need more time then so be it.

Advertisement