Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

€600,000 for 4 months

Options
  • 11-06-2020 7:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭

I have 600k for the next 4 months. Any safe option that will give me a return greater than the best term deposit which is only .21% pa.

It’s an inheritance of an investment policy which has just been paid to me. It will all be going to Revenue on 31 October to settle my inheritance tax on that and other non monetary assets.

V short term I know. Hate to see it sit in the current account.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,291 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

I have 600k for the next 4 months. Any safe option that will give me a return greater than the best term deposit which is only .21% pa.

It’s an inheritance of an investment policy which has just been paid to me. It will all be going to Revenue on 31 October to settle my inheritance tax on that and other non monetary assets.

V short term I know. Hate to see it sit in the current account.

uhuh

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,242 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Firstly commiserations on having the pay the tax man that much.

Your risk appetite is obviously close to nil....in which cass prize bonds that are backed by the state?

Hopefully you'd get more than rubbish interest less DIRT?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭Baby01032012

lawred2 wrote: »
    uhuh

I know that sounds so ungrateful. I didn’t mean it like that. My parents scrimped and saved and worked very hard for that. I’d much prefer to have them than the money. What I’m left with will be going to my kids and to charity. I’ll just be looking after it for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭Figel Narage

God damn

Firstly commiserations on having the pay the tax man that much.

Your risk appetite is obviously close to nil....in which cass prize bonds that are backed by the state?

Hopefully you'd get more than rubbish interest less DIRT?

Thanks, good suggestion I didn’t think of that. Can put in up to 250k and it’s guaranteed and no fees.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭Figel Narage

What are you looking for passive income, growth?

What are you looking for passive income, growth?

Both being greedy. However given I’ll need to given it to Revenue end of October I can’t take any risk.

Actually depending on when probate goes through I could have 400k for 16 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,500 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

Both being greedy. However given I’ll need to given it to Revenue end of October I can’t take any risk.

Actually depending on when probate goes through I could have 400k for 16 months.

As mentioned since you dont know for certain how long you will have it for then the prize bonds gives you the most flexibility.

If you open a prize bond account with another person so you have a joint account you will be allow you to deposit 500k. Obviously you will need to trust this person, but both parties will need to sign to release the funds.

Advertisement