Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Checking 'Declared off the road status'

Options
  • 08-06-2020 1:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭

Is there anyway I can do this online.
    I have a car that should have had its declaration renewed before the end of May but I cant remember if it's been done or not, I don't remember getting a renewal letter in the post.
    I tried entering reg number and last six digits of chassis number into both the renew declaration and renew taxation sections and it says incorrect details.
    Any other way I can find out?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 64,891 ✭✭✭✭unkel

You can request a new pin. Usually only takes a few days to arrive by email.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭hi5

unkel wrote: »
    You can request a new pin. Usually only takes a few days to arrive by email.

Thanks.
    That worked fine, the return email was instant.
    Declared up until end of May 2021.

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭Testacalda

hi5 wrote: »
    I tried entering reg number and last six digits of chassis number

Glad you got sorted, but just for the benefit of all who might read this, your PIN on the motor tax website is the last 6 digits of the document number on the registration cert.

It is only the last 6 digits of the chassis number before the cert is issued. (for example it's used when taxing an imported vehicles for the fist time)

Advertisement