Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Beer Republic - anyone use them?

Options
  • 30-05-2020 1:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,198 ✭✭✭

Absolutely savage selection, easily the best I’ve seen online that deliver to Ireland that I’ve seen. If anyone knows of better places please let me know.

€18.50 charge to deliver to Ireland, however delivery cost was almost wiped out by a €15 discount if I bought what I was looking at.

Anyone use them?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,334 ✭✭✭Zak Flaps

I haven't but I think I will seeing as they have a sh1t load of sour beers i haven't tried yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭randomname2005

Be cautious with customs, I have seen threads where people ordered beer boxes from the EU and were required to pay duty on them and associated fees.
    Will look for them
    Edit, was a few years back but discussed here. Would be good to know if the laws are relaxed now. Note threads per page could be different, might need to search for groupon

https://touch.boards.ie/thread/2056307978/34

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

Would be good to know if the laws are relaxed now.
    The laws haven't changed.

BeerNut wrote: »
    The laws haven't changed.

Didn't think so but you would never know what our progressive forward thinking politicians who are under no influence from the vintners association would do. /sarcasm

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,630 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Didn't think so but you would never know what our progressive forward thinking politicians who are under no influence from the vintners association would do. /sarcasm

Changing the laws to allow circumventing excise duty would not be something the vintners would care about sufficiently more than, oh, the state itself would.

• Advertisement

L1011 wrote: »
    Changing the laws to allow circumventing excise duty would not be something the vintners would care about sufficiently more than, oh, the state itself would.

True, the potential loss of revenue would interest the state more but I could still see the vintners up in arms

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

L1011 wrote: »
    I'm not even sure the state would be allowed change the process. That duty is payable in the destination country (except when personal goods are transported personally) is a European law, not an Irish one.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,198 ✭✭✭bobbysands81

BeerNut wrote: »
    I'm not even sure the state would be allowed change the process. That duty is payable in the destination country (except when personal goods are transported personally) is a European law, not an Irish one.

Took 4 working days to arrive. No customs issues. Fantastic service... and great beers.

Advertisement