Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scholars

Options
  • 09-06-2020 6:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,699 ✭✭✭

Anyone remember where scholars bookstore used to be before moving to the book centre. I have vague memory of it being somewhere where dealz is now, maybe where elverys used to be.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,856 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

yea i think you re right, think it was somewhere on Michael Street

• Registered Users Posts: 3,390 ✭✭✭JohnC.

Was it in a couple of different places before the current one? I'm thinking maybe Euro Giant was one of them. Or was it The Book Centre itself which was in there for a while? I remember that moving a couple of times too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

I remember one on the quay as well was it called Bevans or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Dexpat

There was a school book shop where 'new' part of Geoffs is, the right hand part as you look at it. Geoffs used to be less than half the size in the late 80s. They bought out the book shop to expand. I think that it was Scholars although it could have been a different one. I remember buying college books there. I think the shop might have moved to the Quay for a while after being bought out.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,390 ✭✭✭JohnC.

I remember one on the quay as well was it called Bevans or something?

That's right, Bevans.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭johnnykilo

Dexpat wrote: »
    There was a school book shop where 'new' part of Geoffs is, the right hand part as you look at it. Geoffs used to be less than half the size in the late 80s. They bought out the book shop to expand. I think that it was Scholars although it could have been a different one. I remember buying college books there. I think the shop might have moved to the Quay for a while after being bought out.

Yep, you're right, Scholars used to be basically the right hand side of Geoff's (as you look at it from the street), going all the way to the back. Then Scholars moved to where the Euro2/EuroGiant Store is now (which was previously where The Book Centre was located).

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭niallo76

johnnykilo wrote: »
    Yep, you're right, Scholars used to be basically the right hand side of Geoff's (as you look at it from the street), going all the way to the back. Then Scholars moved to where the Euro2/EuroGiant Store is now (which was previously where The Book Centre was located).

the logo on the bag was a quill and an ink font-anyone have old plastic bag or was it a sun??(dont know why anyone would have!!!)Me dad probably has a rake of em in the shed...kg discs,darrers,alfie hales,sinnots.

What was the shop where the bagel factory is/was,that was always having a sale-it was a mens clothes shop Peter something????

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Dexpat

niallo76 wrote: »
    the logo on the bag was a quill and an ink font-anyone have old plastic bag or was it a sun??(dont know why anyone would have!!!)Me dad probably has a rake of em in the shed...kg discs,darrers,alfie hales,sinnots.

What was the shop where the bagel factory is/was,that was always having a sale-it was a mens clothes shop Peter something????

Maybe Peter France for the clothes shop. I know there was one around town but can't remember if was where Bagel Factory is.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Kilkennyguy5

Peter France seemed to have a closing down sale for about ten years

• Advertisement
Advertisement