Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PV Electrical Panels - Meter Reading stalled?

Options
  • 05-06-2020 11:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭

Hi all,

I have 5 photovoltaic electric panels (model number PS250M-20U) it was all done through Joule, they came as part of a new build I bought a 4 years ago.

Given the recent good weather and I checked the meter reading on the 14th April 4341.54 kwh and again yesterday 4th June with the reading 4341.56 kwh - screenshot included.

This seems like a very small increase given the good weather? I haven't had it serviced since I moved in any recommendations on what to look out for or even check before hand? My initial thought was to contact Joule to arrange a service.

Any guidance appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 64,864 ✭✭✭✭unkel

They have not been producing electricity. And it looks like the problem is recent enough. Your 5 * 250w panels, on a decent location and south facing, can expect to generate about 1250kWh per year. So in 4 years that would be 5000kWh. You are just a bit short of that. Could be that the panels are not strictly south facing, you are not on a perfect location in Ireland, or the problem exists a little while longer than since last April. Or a combo of the above.

Get the installers in to check (or have a look yourself first)

Dodgy micro-inverters?

Advertisement