Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterproof duvet protector

Options
  • 01-06-2020 8:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭

Can anyone recommend a product please? One that's effective but not noisy when you move in the bed. I went throu a few mattress protectors before I got one that worked so recommendations would be very welcome. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

73trix wrote: »
    Can anyone recommend a product please? One that's effective but not noisy when you move in the bed. I went throu a few mattress protectors before I got one that worked so recommendations would be very welcome. Thanks.

Never knew they existed!!!
    My kids use a single duvet which I can fit into the washing machine.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,893 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

Get a spare duvet, is probably the best option.
    I have no clue if there is such a thing as a duvet protector tbh, we just have 1 spare single bed duvet between 2 of them, and a spare cot duvet for the toddler.

• Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭annoyedgal

The ikea waterproof ones are fantastic. Not plasticy and do a great job protecting the mattress. Have one on every bed in the house!

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭plasticheart

I don't have a duvet protector but have used this brand's pillow protector and found them great, not noisy or crinkly so would think the duvet protector is made from the same matetial.

https://mobilitygenie.ie/products/waterproof-duvet-protector

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭73trix

Millem wrote: »
    Never knew they existed!!!
    My kids use a single duvet which I can fit into the washing machine.

They do. I didn't either when training no1. Was hoping to avoid constantly washing the duvet so thought it worth a shot as long as not too plasticky.

• Advertisement

annoyedgal wrote: »
    The ikea waterproof ones are fantastic. Not plasticy and do a great job protecting the mattress. Have one on every bed in the house!

Duvet or mattress protector?

They do. I didn't either when training no1. Was hoping to avoid constantly washing the duvet so thought it worth a shot as long as not too plasticky.

I used a pull up at night and undies during the day. Until the pull up was dry at night I didn’t risk undies at night!!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,893 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

Same here.Didn't bother with nightime, just got the daytime sorted and left pull-ups at night....they eventually took off the night nappies themselves after a few months.

• Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭annoyedgal

Mattress protector. Just be sure to pick sizes to fit standard beds as opposed to ikea beds. They have both. Cheap as chips as well

Duvet or mattress protector?

annoyedgal wrote: »
    Mattress protector. Just be sure to pick sizes to fit standard beds as opposed to ikea beds. They have both. Cheap as chips as well

Thanks. Have mattress protectors but looking for recommendations for a duvet protector.

• Advertisement

Thanks. Have mattress protectors but looking for recommendations for a duvet protector.

Unless you bought 2 single waterproof protectors and sewed them together and left gap to get duvet out?
    I think I only paid €7 for mattress
    protector in Penney’s they are absolutely brilliant.

I wouldn’t bother with duvet protector tbh the cost of them you would have bought 5 duvets!!!!

Millem wrote: »
    Unless you bought 2 single waterproof protectors and sewed them together and left gap to get duvet out?
    I think I only paid €7 for mattress
    protector in Penney’s they are absolutely brilliant.

I wouldn’t bother with duvet protector tbh the cost of them you would have bought 5 duvets!!!!

Decided to try one. 25 pounds but we'll see. Will let you know! Getting tired of washing duvets.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

My MiL said that she used sleeping bags. The synthetic fibres dry quickly enough that she could wash it in the morning and it was ready to go back on the bed that night.

Advertisement