Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Short Action films

Options
  • 30-05-2020 1:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 40

We are living in an age now where filmakers with very limited budgets can create great material to be released online.A lot of short action films being released can give top hollywood productions a run for their money ( or surpass them ).

What are your favourites and post them here.I cant yet as im a new user and for some reason the board doesnt let us post these yet.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,863 ✭✭✭mikhail

Con you give us an example? Do you mean a 60s short, or a 20 minute short, or an 80 minute short independent movie?

• Registered Users Posts: 40 IrishJedi75

mikhail wrote: »
    Con you give us an example? Do you mean a 60s short, or a 20 minute short, or an 80 minute short independent movie?

All kinds.Im a newbie here so I can’t post links here yet but there is a great short film called BOND on YouTube that is about 4 and a half minutes long and has a great fight scene and car chase.

There are short action films out there that are shot with just an IPhone!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,700 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

El Mariachi

Main costs were camera film, processing it and Video Transfer. Which would cost zero if you used a good camera phone.

So $7,225.00 but in reality under $500

Other than that costs were
    Equipment bulbs and lamps $127.00 - probably zero today thanks to LED's and camera phones that work in low light

Miscellaneous $622.00 - but take away the following film and tapes
    4 rolls 35mm Production Still Film............................................$18.00
    10 Maxell 11 Audio Cassettes..................................................$23.00
    6 197 Ampex 3/4" BLA 60s....................................................$103.00

Which would cost zero if you used a good camera phone.

So $7,225.00 but in reality under $500

Other than that costs were
    Equipment bulbs and lamps $127.00 - probably zero today thanks to LED's and camera phones that work in low light

Miscellaneous $622.00 - but take away the following film and tapes
    4 rolls 35mm Production Still Film............................................$18.00
    10 Maxell 11 Audio Cassettes..................................................$23.00
    6 197 Ampex 3/4" BLA 60s....................................................$103.00

Great movie and the americanised sequel/remake with Antonio Banderas was even better but i would class that as a full length feature.

There are some action shorts that are only a few mins long that are insanely good ( Seriously why do i have to wait before i get to post youtube links? )

Yay! I can post youtube links now.

Heres that Bond style short action flick i mentioned earlier...

https://youtu.be/UtuPgTG1dqc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,145 ✭✭✭EltonJohn69

Cliffhanger ?

Cliffhanger ?

That was a huge budget Stallone movie back in the 90s.We are talking low to no budget short films here.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,700 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

https://www.rte.ie/culture/irish-short-films/

Shortscreen , a few of them are actioners'

Advertisement