Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Vinny Byrnes...never again..

• 25-05-2020 12:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭

In the past i've recommended this crowd on here and other places as i use them quite a bit...
    Last monday i placed an order for delivery (as i'm more than 5k away) with them ....as of today no delivery, rang them and was told that they were waiting on some items , i asked why no contact to tell me this..no answer, i said this was bad form as i could have had it from ebay by now and he just said "i can cancel the order.."...which i did...

However, products are subject to availability and in certain cases delays in order processing and despatch may occur that are outside of our control. Where a delay in order despatch does occur customers will be contacted by email.

This is the reason people are shopping on line(i.e Ebay) , ignorant fcukers like this guy...:mad:

Vinny Byrnes...good luck...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,423 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

In the past i've recommended this crowd on here and other places as i use them quite a bit...
    Last monday i placed an order for delivery (as i'm more than 5k away) with them ....as of today no delivery, rang them and was told that they were waiting on some items , i asked why no contact to tell me this..no answer, i said this was bad form as i could have had it from ebay by now and he just said "i can cancel the order.."...which i did...

However, products are subject to availability and in certain cases delays in order processing and despatch may occur that are outside of our control. Where a delay in order despatch does occur customers will be contacted by email.

This is the reason people are shopping on line(i.e Ebay) , ignorant fcukers like this guy...:mad:

Vinny Byrnes...good luck...

Not sure if you're aware but there is a global pandemic at the minute. They are also likely operating a skeleton crew and with people being at home with time on their hands they are probably as busy as ever. I went into motor factors last week and it was out the door

• Registered Users Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

Not sure if you're aware but there is a global pandemic at the minute. They are also likely operating a skeleton crew and with people being at home with time on their hands they are probably as busy as ever. I went into motor factors last week and it was out the door

True and my local motor factors is out the door as well but I still expect a reasonable level of customer service.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,423 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

kev1.3s wrote: »
    True and my local motor factors is out the door as well but I still expect a reasonable level of customer service.

Fair enough, but coming online to slag off a business and call them ignorant ****ers isn't the best way to handle it imo

• Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

You make it sound like i'm just bored..i've never been spoken to by a shop assistant like that in all my years...If you bother to read my op you'll see their policy...i have a car on blocks in my front garden waiting for supplies...i can neither get in or out of my garage ....thankfully i got some parts from my local Autocare and can move the car tomorrow.....:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,369 ✭✭✭KevRossi

Sounds like one of ye is a bit of an "ignorant ****er" alright.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,052 Mod ✭✭✭✭kadman

KevRossi wrote: »
    Sounds like one of ye is a bit of an "ignorant ****er" alright.

:D:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭MrCostington

Max, I just returned from the Santry branch. They spent about 15 min looking up a paint code for my sill (the code is not on the plate, just the body colour) and made up a can for €16, plus gave me lots of advice on some other issues, you won't get that on ebay (of course, I know some sellers there are helpful too).

Maybe cut them some slack given the times we are in?

Max, I just returned from the Santry branch. They spent about 15 min looking up a paint code for my sill (the code is not on the plate, just the body colour) and made up a can for €16, plus gave me lots of advice on some other issues, you won't get that on ebay (of course, I know some sellers there are helpful too).

Maybe cut them some slack given the times we are in?

The times we're in.??......how is that an excuse for being a cnut.....the lad was no more interested in helping me out,he didnt even apologise for their non action,cancelling the order was his only reply....
    I'll spend my money back in Twopack and J&S from now on....wanker probably did me a favour..:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭MrCostington

Hi Max,

What I mean is that it's understandable they might be out of stock, and that they may have been understaffed too hence no contact. I think a lot of companies are bring back as few people as possible.

I can't comment on any conversations you had on the phone (I assume), so maybe you have a valid issue, but I'm just speaking from personal experience with them the two times I went there.

Been going there since the 80,s....my mate worked there for a while.......maybe their new staff need retraining....in politeness and helping customers.....:)

• Advertisement

If i had a penny for all the dickheads i have dealt with in my classic car ownerships

and resto endeavours I would be a rich man.

If what you are seeking is a professional no nonsense response from your shopping

outings, then deal only with german websites and outlets. Germans actually deal with you

on a seriously courteous level, and their time management with you is unsurpassed. You actually feel good

giving them your money.

But you need a bit of craic in your life too, as the film quote goes, "paddys alright":)

TBH.I'm more dissapointed than mad....its only a classic car but ....well, you know....:)

TBH.I'm more dissapointed than mad....its only a classic car but ....well, you know....:)

Yeah i know,

Its about " my precious":p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,968 ✭✭✭McCrack

OP get over yourself, being a crank will eat you up, and coming on here badmouthing the business is quite frankly embarrassing to you... ."i've never been spoken to by a shop assistant like that in all my years"

Everyone loves to have a go at a "crank"...until its happens to them......heres hoping;)

Dont worry, probs doesnt have a classic so he doesnt know real pain.....:P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,547 ✭✭✭rock22

You make it sound like i'm just bored..i've never been spoken to by a shop assistant like that in all my years...If you bother to read my op you'll see their policy...i have a car on blocks in my front garden waiting for supplies...i can neither get in or out of my garage ....thankfully i got some parts from my local Autocare and can move the car tomorrow.....:)

Are you serious?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,744 ✭✭✭marieholmfan

This sounds like a wind up.
    A car on blocks in the front garden? Are you keeping chickens in your classic car?

The trolls have entered the game............:D

The trolls have entered the game............:D

Should i go and get popcorn and an easy chair.:P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

kadman wrote: »
    Should i go and get popcorn and an easy chair.:P

I wouldn't bother, trolls ant what they used to be.

kev1.3s wrote: »
    I wouldn't bother, trolls ant what they used to be.

Ah Damn....did I scare them off:eek::D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

I've gotten a fair few bits from Vinnies and continue to do so, but I had a similar issue before all this covid stuff back in Feb, I'd put in an order, was in no particular rush for it. As I'd spent over €40 I got the free express delivery, but a week later still nothing. Rang them and was told by a young fella that they didn't have the particular grade filters I had ordered (surprisingly they had just got them in that morning I made the call) Asked the guy why they didn't just ring a week back to tell me that and I could have opted for a different grade of filter, but got no answer. Anyway, like I say, I wasn't in a rush, but still.... :D

Advertisement