Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

James Boag's lager

• 29-05-2020 2:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭

Has anyone come across James Boag's recently? I used to get it in O'Briens handy enough, but seems to have disappeared in recent times.

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

It's still listed on the Premier International website but I haven't seen it in ages. Maybe ask them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭CiaranMT

Hasn't been imported in a few years. Getting beer from down under just isn't feasible really. Only beer from Oz/New Zealand which has lasted is Coopers. Speights/Tuatara/Boags/Little Creatures have all been tried. Issue being shipping such distance raises the price, making them less affordable, and shortens the shelf life, as the beer takes so long on the water.

You could probably request a pallet be shipped but be prepared to pay!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,893 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

CiaranMT wrote: »
    Hasn't been imported in a few years. Getting beer from down under just isn't feasible really. Only beer from Oz/New Zealand which has lasted is Coopers. Speights/Tuatara/Boags/Little Creatures have all been tried. Issue being shipping such distance raises the price, making them less affordable, and shortens the shelf life, as the beer takes so long on the water.

You could probably request a pallet be shipped but be prepared to pay!

I had asked the lads in Drinkstore about it some time ago and this is pretty much what they said only with more emphasis on the issue of product going off; ditto for most of the Coopers lines. Shame, I liked it's freshness on the hotter days such as we have had recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭CiaranMT

A few bottles on a day like today would be lovely

Advertisement